Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts The sanctuary

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/21 14:23:18 )
Religion thankfully wasn't what broke my family. My mom was/is agnostic and honestly I haven't a clue what my father was. But my mom's co-worker worried about my brother and my's souls. So she asked my mom if she could take us to church with her. We were really little like 4 or 5, my brother only went once. When it was time for us to be separated into different age groups for bible school, my brother got really scared. The made fun of him for not being male enough, and kept yelling at him to stop crying. That it was disgraceful to want to be with me, and to be so scared. Ama being Ama didn't put up with that shit even for a second, and forced them to let me be with my brother. This was one of those fire and brimstone kind of churches, that yell about going to Hell for any little old thing. I cried during service every. single. week. Eventually my mom's co-worker got so pissed at my crying and 'misbehaving' that she stopped taking me to church. Fast forward a few years, and my father is dying. My mom desperately needed a babysitter, and there just wasn't anyone else she could rely on. So she sent us to that lady's house. It was miserable. But what finally broke my mom's friendship with that woman happened after our house burnt down. When this woman wouldn't let us move from one couch because we were heathens, and godless. By this point I was outspoken Pagan and my brother very atheist. She'd calls us names, tell us how we should treat her niece better than anything because she went through a tough time. Mind you this was after our HOME HAD BURNT DOWN. She treated us like shit. We weren't allowed to touch anything, because we were too wild and just. I do not have kind thoughts towards that woman. Eventually it got so bad my brother and I couldn't keep it a secret from my mom. Somehow we managed to find a way so we didn't have to go to that woman's house anymore.

I have a lot of stories like that honestly. Lol

Donator — Winchester Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/21 14:37:45 )

We had a priest like that at school. Curious me asked a lot of questions. Almost got kicked out of school because of it.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/21 14:39:29 )
>w> I got in a looooooooooooot of trouble once when I said that I felt bad for Lucifer.

Donator — Winchester Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/21 15:35:37 )

The poor bloke just wanted a better version of heaven

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/21 15:38:10 )
Right?
I just never took from the lessons that the point was hatred.

Voltie — Princess Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/21 16:21:30 )
I feel like they use it to make them feel superior to other people. "only the righteous (a.k.a. them) can go to heaven" They want to go to heaven because all the different people and/or weird people are not gonna be allowed in there with them. It sucks but thankfully not all Christians are like that. Just the shitty ones.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/21 16:24:32 )
It just sucks that it's the shittiest ones with the loudest voices.

Voltie — Princess Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/21 16:30:06 )
If you look at it from a more objective point of view those people are really lonely and miserable. Nobody likes them. So nobody really needs to punish them, they are doing it to themselves, their lives are already a hell. Always dreaming for this glorious place after they die, they torture themselves and other people in the present. It would be funny if nothing happens to them after they die.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/21 16:32:05 )
Lol I'm not that enlightened, I still want to punch them in the face most of the time.

Voltie — Princess Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/21 16:36:24 )
Haha I dunno. I just can see it on their face, they are always so frowny. Never see them smile. I see them hurting themselves and the people they love and its..sad.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/21 16:38:41 )
I have a low tolerance point for stupid. Like their hurting people just causes me to have a deep unwavering anger. All the children with rocks thrown at them because they're not the right kind of Christian. The girl who got kicked out of one of the churches I went to because her mother and father weren't married and were living together. All of that and worse, doesn't make me sad. It pisses me off.

Voltie — Princess Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/21 16:48:07 )
Haha I get what you mean. I tend to lose my temper with stupid people too but I haven't associated with that kind of religious people in a loooooong time. So I have sorted through my feelings somewhat.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/21 16:50:08 )
Those kinds of people are constantly in my life.

Edit/
Okay well they really aren't anymore, but the wounds those kind of people have left on my life haven't healed enough. Doesn't help that those fuckers are fucking my country up.

Voltie — Princess Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/21 17:03:46 )
aww sorry man...my tactic is just nod my head and bail as soon as possible.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/21 17:06:55 )
While I had to put up with that bullshit, I'd just take in a deep sigh and then say something I knew would freak them out. Now that I don't have to be around them too much, I can do the nod my head method and just walk away...Then make fun of them mercilessly online.

Voltie — Princess Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/21 17:10:17 )
I have no tactic for holding in the laughs though when they quote conspiracy theories and mention the freemasons..

Donator — Winchester Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/21 17:12:22 )

Give them the address of the freemasons.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/21 17:12:35 )
That thankfully I very rarely have to deal with. Mostly because the only person that bad is a guy I had sex with, so I can very easily ignore that bullshit. Now that I don't have that itch, I don't even talk to him anymore XD.

Voltie — Princess Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/21 17:16:10 )
Another one I have had to deal with since a very young age was "the world is ending we must all prepare for Jesus to take us away". That one I have a hard time staying awake through...I am just like...uhuh...uhuh...you said that last year...uhuh...zzzz..

Always ping me please.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/21 17:17:58 )
The only time I've experienced that is online, which makes it way easier to ignore.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.