Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Thrift store shopping

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/13 21:14:09 )
Anyone else like to wander around through second hand/thrift stores?

Best finds? Weirdest ones?

I wandered into our local thrift store today and left with a pretty good haul of stuff. I bought some pants, a nice pair of boots, four (yes, I mean 4) jars of old buttons, a yarn embroidery cat picture in a nice frame, and a tiny white and gold porcelain chicken XD

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/13 21:25:01 )

I once bough a dress for 5 euro. It was from a brand that costs around 90 euro for a new dress.

Donator — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/13 21:30:25 )
no but I've been wanting to check some out. seems like it might be fun.

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — she, her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/13 21:30:56 )
I love thrift shopping!

I found a painting by a painter my mom collected for two bucks.
Some lula roe leggings for 4.99
I always check out the art supplies too.
Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/13 21:32:07 )

I bought 3 books not that long back for my mom from the triftstore.

Donator — Whatever Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/13 23:28:39 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Thrift shops around here are mostly walmart quality things, or extremely worn to where if it were up to me they would've been recycled, not put up for sale cuz they look like they'll rip an hour after purchase

Antiquing, on the other hand...not any local ones but boy oh boy if I find something I like
Also auctions are fun in that aspect too, there's a nearby one that's hit or miss but there's always something interesting there

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/14 00:20:40 )

I go thrifting at least once a quarter. I usually hit up 3-5 stores per trip and just have a good time. Most of my work clothes and shoes come from there. It's great because it's not only cheap, but I know it will hold up in the wash (even if it says dry clean only) since they all just get tossed in the washer before going out on the floor. I also scope out things I can convert for cosplay.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/14 03:54:52 )

It just doesn't make sense to pay $30+ when I can get it for $5

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/14 05:50:21 )
I love thrift stores and consignment shopping! I'm really cheap. I hardly ever buy clothes full price.

I recently went to a store that gets all of the stuff that other stores can't sell? I really don't know how it works, but I saw these camping chairs that were at Target all summer that I did not want to spend $20 on and bought them for $6. They are pineapple shaped and I love them so much. xD

The store was full of just random stuff. It had a table where you could test all of the electronics and there are signs everywhere telling you to make sure of your purchases because everything was sold as is. It was amazing.

@lithium: If you like the leggings, there's a group I buy from on facebook that sells them for $0.99 and $4 shipping. I buy LuLaRoe dresses, skirts, and shirts from the same group too. :vivi-celebrate: I go on the group and shop their sonlet shop links.
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/14 12:44:53 )
Thrift shopping is awesome. I go every two months or so.
We do not have a ton of places to go, but I usually find at least one thing. :3

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 07:18:10 )
@Totalanimefan: One big store, and a couple of to y consignment stores. I don’t go into the tiny ones much, though.

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.