Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Quirky Pet Behaviors

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/2 18:52:14 )
Heyo, Lucre here! So I thought I'd ask about any odd things pets do at times that makes you wonder why they do them. In my case, Loki, my little mischief maker, has a habit of barking at absolutely nothing at night(I think he sees ghosts) and last night, he was scratching at our dryer for...some reason. Never done that before. ^^'

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/2 18:55:38 )
@Totalanimefan: Hoo boy, Loki has a habit of resting on my legs too. Treats them like his own personal pillows.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/2 19:01:36 )

Mallow sometimes gets the zoomies at night and will tear through the room and do flips at nothing. He also likes to burrow in my hair and roll on people's feet/shoes.

Tumbleweed.... well he's too smart for his own good. He wants attention constantly and will do whatever it takes to get it. Jumping on counters, scratching the bed, gently biting my feet. He's a personality though. Always posing like a model. When you enter a room he'll give you a little head nod of acknowledgement like, 'sup?

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/2 19:03:53 )
@Totalanimefan: Loki's most hated words are definitely "It's time for a bath". He has such a hatred of them.

@Priestess of Pie: Loki just tends to lose his composure whenever we have people over. Since I have friends over the most, every time one of them comes, he will not leave them be. Follows them around, even tries joining them in the bathroom. He sits in front of the door and waits for them to come out. Once they're done, he acts like they were gone forever.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/2 19:05:57 )

@lordlucre: lol, mine are both pretty sociable too. They've never been shy, especially with people. Mallow only hides from dogs and vacuum cleaners, but Tumbleweed tries to fight the vacuum.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/2 19:12:33 )
@Priestess of Pie: Back when we started training him, one of the classes had to do with dog interaction. The instructor picked Loki and another dog to show us how it's supposed to go. Loki, instead of waiting for the other dog to give signs of it's alright, just started jumping on the poor thing(it was a tiny Yorkie) and trying to play. Instructor tugged Loki off and said the best quote ever: "Loki's problem isn't that he's antisocial. No, his problem is that he's TOO friendly." Hasn't changed a bit since.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/2 20:08:23 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

My birb (also named Loki) will ignore his birb toys and always go for my expensive stuff. He likes to steal the cap from my Apple Pencil and chew the nibs too. TAT
He’ll also hold his poop in and always go on the carpet. His cage newspaper has ZERO birb poop, so I know he’s doing this on purpose.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/2 23:10:48 )
@kiwi: < <' I used to eat dog food sometimes as a kid, so... x'D I was a weird kid.
Lucifer's Pet

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/2 23:15:02 )

my cat likes to eat plastic.... which could kill him
he also likes to run out my apartment door but get scared in the hallway and run back inside if he sees anybody out there

@ me tho. | Hangout. | OCs. | Avatars.
looking to buy: ARIES

Donator — He/She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/2 23:23:06 )
Otis (7 y/o Male): Will never lick your face, but will always lick your legs. I've also taught him how to "hug" in that when you sit on the floor, he walks into you until you hug him and call him a good boy.

Puddin (1 F): Any time, every time, wherever you are if you're laying or sitting, her butt will be on you. Doesn't matter if it's your face, arm, chest, or foot, this big girl will sit on you. Also wags so hard she hits herself with her own tail.

Toad (not mine, taking care of him) (8 m/o M): Whenever he's licking something, sometimes he'll get distracted and lift his head up and his tongue will still be out. Also I think his chihuahua half makes him feel like the bigger dog when he plays tug of war with the others.

Look at you strawberry blonde!

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/3 00:28:47 )

My cat Dinah was born with something wrong with her throat. She makes chirping sounds when she swallows and her purr sounds kind of like a pigeon. It's super loud, but comforting. Her meow sounds kind of funny too... sometimes she almost quacks at me. When she gets food she really likes, she'll make a nom nom nom sound. xD

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/3 00:42:21 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

All these pet stories are hella cute. xD

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/3 04:59:11 )
Ellie seems to think her job is to lead me safely to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

She gets up when I do and walks just ahead of me. Close enough that my toes touch the backs of her legs the entire way to the bathroom or her tail twirls around my legs. Then, she talks to me and leads me back to bed 🤣

Sometimes, she’ll wake me up to go to the bathroom because she feels like I should.
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/3 10:33:34 )
My cat Comet likes to stretch with one paw extended so he can touch the person standing in front of him. It's really cute! But sometimes he doesn't retract his claws...

[Quests][Store]

Donator — Divine Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/5 04:53:29 )
@LordLucre:

I have a white cat and she does the weirdest loud meows because she is deaf. I only know she is deaf because she jumps of fear when someone walks up to her from behind. She never seems to hear us walk up to her. And when I carry her and massage her she drools XD

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.