Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat So my mom went to the dentist...

Donator — He/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/20 16:59:49 )
My weekend so far has gone like this:

- 6 am, go to work, problems happen at work. whatever
- 10:30, finally off work, go pick up girlfriend, go shopping and get snacks
- Around 7 pm ask her what she wants for dinner, we can't decide, head on over to the grocery store
- 9 pm get back to the house, mom has vampire fangs in.

Turns out she didn't follow the instructions. These are dollar store fangs that use some kind of thermal paste. They aren't intended for use over 4 hours, and she used them for over ~12.

- Head to the emergency room. The doctor says there's nothing he can do about it. She gets billed $300 after insurance.
- Whatever, we head back to the car, I call the number and we try to go to the address they gave us for 24-hour dental service.
- Address doesn't exist.
- I call two helplines, there are no 24-hour dental services within a 30-mile (48 kilometers) radius of us! Great!

This morning...
- 9 am shes up and trying to cut them off with scissors and toenail clippers before I convince her to go to a dental office that's open (thank god)
- Finally, she gets back and the nightmare is over!

So anyway who's going as a vampire for Halloween?

Look at you strawberry blonde!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/20 17:11:54 )

Omg :o that's so unfortunate, and potentially dangerous. I wonder how many people do that by mistake?

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/20 17:36:28 )
Only 4 hours? Some Halloween parties last even longer than that. That's insane.

I'm going as a delinquent looking skeleton.

[Quests][Store]

Donator — Trashboat Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/20 22:50:27 )
that honestly sounds like a nightmare. I hope her teeth are okay... >_< that’s really terrible. :( .
Shop | Hangout | Quest

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/20 23:24:07 )
inb4 Mom is an actual vampire and used it as a cover story

XDD;; Poor Mom, though. D: Bet she’s sore. Swish a warm salt rinse, or have some not-too-hot mint tea. :3

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/21 00:46:36 )

@Jockteleg: I worked with this guy for a while that wanted vampire teeth, but he didn't want to pay to get it done professionally so he would buy the Halloween kits and SUPER GLUE them into his mouth. They would stay on for months before he'd have to redo them. After doing it for years, he had a tooth break... but instead of going to the dentist, he just kept gluing over what was left of his tooth...

Donator — He/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/21 22:18:52 )
@Lufi: All body mods should be done professionally. I hope that dude gains some sense because that's wild.

The entire time we tried to look up how to get the teeth off all we got were articles of a woman that superglued vamp teeth (the one with gums) to her mouth.

Donator — He/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/21 22:20:41 )
@Q t e a p o n: You can buy the thermal beads for real cheap from the internet. When we were looking up how to remove them, all I found were youtube tutorials on making temporary/false teeth. Although for $3 I feel like maybe they should have used some kind of cheap glue? Like eyelash glue? The only mistake was my mom not reading the instructions at all. Lesson learned ///shrug

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/21 23:36:40 )

Wow that's pretty wild. I wonder if just hot water would have worked.

For future fang fun though, I recommend Scarecrow brand because they mold to your teeth and then you just snap them in and out. No adhesive required.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.