Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2019 The Reaping Ritual Gift Exchange

Npc — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/28 04:43:52 )

Before a growing crowd of excited Volties, the immortal spirits of Trick and Treat stepped onto a stage, giving each other a gracious greeting. The Reaping Ritual was finally here, and as was yearly tradition, the witch and the reaper would exchange meaningful gifts as a sign of peace and friendship between them.

Treat appeared to be holding a small wrapped gift, while Trick had a large object concealed by a tarp. Trick shuffled nervously, gesturing towards his massive present as he stammered, "I..I'll go first... I prepared a special gift for you..."

Treat lifted an eyebrow curiously. The last two Rituals had been complete disasters, ending in nothing but trouble for her. The first year, the magic book Treat gave her had been hijacked and used to spawn chaotic imps that terrorized her and the rest of Voltra. The second, she had been captured by an evil demon who tried to steal her soul. To say she was a little apprehensive was an understatement, and while she was cautiously on edge waiting for disaster, she nodded to her friend, trusting him, "Alright then, let's see it."

With flourish, The reaper pulled the sheet away from his gift, "Be-Behold! I had a special statue commissioned to capture your very likeness... It resembles you do-down to the last detail!" As he spoke, Trick watched for her reaction. To his surprise, what he thought would be an impressed smile was instead a dark scowl, her fingers curling tightly around the box in her hands. The crowd had also fallen into a hushed silence, prompting the reaper to finally glance behind him at the display he had unveiled.

"O-Oh.... Oh no........."

There, standing in all its glory, was a ridiculous caricature of Treat, almost blasphemous in its sculpting, a smear upon her very name.
There were no words to describe the fury that flooded Treat's very being. She took a step towards Trick as her magic curled around her darkly, her appearance subtly becoming more foreboding in each second that her anger grew. "You dare make a statue like so to mock me and the Ritual?" she screeched, her voice reverberating through the air, "Can I have ONE Ritual where I'm not insulted, belittled, or mistreated?!"

Trick stared at her. "No, I... It wasn't s-supposed to be like this..." he anxiously glanced at the statue again, and turned back to Treat, shocked as he watched the witch smash the box in her hands against the ground. As the token of their friendship was destroyed before his very eyes, the reaper seemed to snap, his usual timid demeanor instantly disappearing, "I mock the Ritual? You have just declared an end to our treaty! Let it be known on this day, your foolish disrespect has declared war!" His voice seemed to grow guttural and inhuman, his already inhuman face twisting wickedly as his bony fingers clenched around his scythe.

"Very well..." Treat seethed, haughtily raising her nose to the air before she addressed the crowd, "Mortals of Voltra, you have witnessed this fool's betrayal and slander towards me... Will you stand for this? Or will you stand by me? Join my forces to crush this reaper, and I will reward your efforts."

"Don't be so easily fooled..." Trick stepped forwards, gesturing to the crowd, "You saw her disrespect! Fight for the truth and side with me! It will be impossible for her and her followers to defeat us!"

Npc — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/28 04:59:52 )
TRICK OR TREAT... WHO WILL YOU CHOICE?

TOMORROW BEGINS THE FESTIVITIES... But tonight you are given a chance to get an early start.

Visit the landing page to choose the team you wish to support. Think carefully: Who you choose will be the team you support. There can be great rewards, or great consequences. Your team will determine which currency you earn, what items you can buy, and a special reward at the end if your team wins.

Join us tomorrow at 12 pm, when the forums will be open and the games will begin.

Want a head start at earning currency? Play our new Jigsaw game!

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/28 05:54:56 )

YAYYYY time to partay

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

Donator — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/28 05:55:27 )

I'm on team Trick, it was so mean of Treat to smash the statue that Trick had commissioned cause she didn't like it,
and didn't even give him a chance to explain. not his fault whoever created it made it out of something that melts. >.>
(Avatar Closet)

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/28 06:00:25 )

I wish I read the lore before I picked a team >:O I'm secretly with you Trick!

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/28 06:03:28 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Aw, there's no Team YOU BOTH FUCKED UP

Put ya guns awn!

quest♤Shop

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/28 06:05:17 )
I chose TEAM TRICK!
There is something haunting in the light of the moon;
It has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/28 06:07:17 )
TSUN ★ TSUN ★ TSUN (≖︿≖✿)

YASSSSSS GO TEAM TRICK! There will be no treats this year.

(✿ ♡‿♡) DERE ★ DERE ★ DERE

Npc — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/28 07:02:25 )
Update...

"I spoke to the mortals that run that party store... You know... Joyful Jamboree?. They've agreed to help me in my endeavor by rewarding all those who are loyal to me with a special uniform in exchange for all your hard work. Keep it up... There's more where that came from if we defeat that betrayer. Hmph."

Npc — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/28 07:04:14 )
"Sh-She isn't the only one to make a deal with those humans! They've also agreed to assist us, Team Trick! I've su-supplied them with uniforms for our team as well, so... Go forth! Get dressed!"

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/28 07:42:35 )
I'm team treat :) I picked it before I seen this thread. haha
︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/28 07:48:58 )
TSUN ★ TSUN ★ TSUN (≖︿≖✿)

Oh man, this event is going to kill me. I can feel my life draining from me already...

(✿ ♡‿♡) DERE ★ DERE ★ DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/28 08:09:37 )
-rattles with excitement-
ohhhhh I'm team trick all the way!

Donator — Pomepome Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/28 08:11:05 )
iam just so ready for this event *nods*
+Pls ping me+
Nothing Fancy to see here!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/28 11:06:46 )

Let's go Team Trick!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/28 11:12:49 )
Questing: Soulcaster | Woodland Fae

well this is cool..'blinks'

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/28 11:43:54 )

This is so exciting!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/28 12:01:49 )
Good morning and... Happy Reaping Ritual?? This is interesting... can't wait to see how it plays out!
┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/28 12:16:30 )

Oh my gosh I’m so excited. I love the new theme!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/28 12:25:44 )

The hype is real!!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.