Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat you know what rlly grinds my gears?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/4 01:37:33 )

the fact that we have basically no surviving fashion from royalty such as Queen Elizabeth I, or Marie Antoinette. Or anything older than that.
I'm very interested in history, and historical fashion specifically, and it just kills me that neither of these women's wardrobes survived. I can't even explain the frustration i feel about this. i just want to see these beautifully decorated gowns with my own two eyes. i can't even explain why it makes me so angry.

of course, a lot of things being destroyed over the years irritates me, i really love history and i hate that so many things are only memories. so many beautiful historic buildings, items, places, etc, destroyed or ruined. it kills me.

/sobs sorry, i just needed to post this bc i had to get this out bc im so frustrated

Voltie — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/4 13:03:22 )
as a burgeoning anthropologist/archaeologist i feel this
it upsets me that we will never know "the truth" about these matters. we can't ask Edgar Allen Poe what his poems meant because...well, he died in the sweeping tide of history. we can assume and imagine our own explanations all we want, but he won't ever be able to give us a solid answer himself.
or even with the example of human phylogeny, concerned with tracking our "earliest relatives" and the connection we share with primates.....it's literally all a story that people are putting together like a puzzle from finding mere bone fragments...

in some cases these instances be a really bad thing, because it leads people to generate hasty generalizations and then base an entire line of belief along that fallacy alone.....it just gets really messy. point being, history buries so many things and it sucks :(

Voltie — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/4 19:02:57 )
I would love to run around in these old fashions. So classy
I share your sadness
I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.