Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts honeyglazed ★

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/12/1 04:49:04 )

hachisuka - Yep. :/ It's craziness, I tell ya.

ladykazumi - Nice! :D Half and half hair is so cool. I have blue hair, myself!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/12/1 04:57:06 )
Thank you..

First time using arctic fox hope it turns out good

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/12/1 04:57:58 )
I could not handle making decisions about what to specialize in bio and I just had to peace out of university
so I never got more higher education in it

it was such a dark time of my life

I love bio but I just could not for the life of me figure out what career I'd do in it

e

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/12/1 05:03:34 )

eleven - It can be so hard to decide, especially since there are just. so. many. things you can do with a biology degree. If/when you go back, I highly suggest shadowing professors who do research and trying to participate in research yourself. It will help you decide what you find most enjoyable. (For example, try lab work and field work - they're very different and give you different opportunities!)

ladykazumi - I really like Arctic Fox! I actually have a bottle of Phantom Green sitting in front of me right now. XD

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/12/1 05:04:07 )

:o i've heard good things about arctic fox
    hope the colour turns out nice!!

lol that dilemma... i feel the same wrt my major ugh
    something can be fun to study but not fun as a job ahaha

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/12/1 05:07:30 )
@pagliacci: I just put stone shade of green in my daughter's hair but I don't think her hair is light enough for it to show up. I am going to have to lighten it some tomorrow..

buying art selling things

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/12/1 05:08:39 )
talking to professors about their research is basically what killed me in bio |D
I barely made it out of there with my bachelor's degree because at my university it was mandatory to do a semester of independent research with a professor

and I put that off
and off
and off
until my last semester (when I had literally nothing left to take for my degree lol I even graduated a semester early)
because I just had so much anxiety about talking to professors or reaching out or anything

I'm pretty confident I like lab work more than field work

e

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/12/1 05:11:58 )

ugh the soft skill development... what i find with uni is that they don't actually prepare you for the real world outside school

ahaha
    ha

ugh

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/12/1 05:12:18 )

Oh man that sucks. ; n ; I understand the anxiety, tho. I have really bad anxiety myself and I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack every time I have to go and talk to a new professor I've never met before. (That just recently happened, actually, and I stumbled over my own name in the introduction. *facepalm*)

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/12/1 05:14:44 )

the one good thing with our uni being so chill and basically like high school 2.0 is that we're all on first-name basis with our profs and they were overall easy to talk to

arts, man. |D

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/12/1 05:17:27 )
oh our department was also chill and we talked to our professors on a first name basis

I just could not bring myself to ask to do research with anyone
my issues |D

e

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/12/1 05:18:14 )

true, i imagine that's a daunting thing |D

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/12/1 05:19:08 )
but yeah senior year I finally did research with a professor who I'm pretty sure felt bad for me

|D

I had just recently taken a developmental biology class with him and gotten a C because I couldn't do the final grant proposal paper that was worth 20% of our grade

e

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/12/1 05:19:40 )

That's awesome, pachi. We are labeled an "arts and science" school, but we don't actually have any "art" classes. XD We're primarily business and sciences. The psychology professors are very big about not using first names for a lot of reasons, they've even given talks about it. Personally, I am too awkward to call my professors by their first name. XD

However, I love my professors. They all are so amazing and easy to talk to, and I don't think I'd have come this far without their support.

And asking to do research is daunting! * _____ *

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/12/1 05:20:03 )
another instance of me just freaking out because I could not figure out how to do something that I did not know how to do

anyway
shout out to him

for basically giving me my degree

e

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/12/1 05:21:03 )

Woot, woot. Shout out to those professors who take pity on us!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/12/1 05:21:03 )
it was weird because in the bio department everyone referred to each other with first names
but then outside our school when I had to take other classes for general education it was back to formal prof (last name)

e

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/12/1 05:21:55 )
I think he was just trying to encourage me because I essentially had a 100% in that class before this final paper lmao
and he knew I was capable

but I just had hurdles I couldn't get past

e
and after love and loss and all the tears that I cried, I find that here we are in the future

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/12/1 05:23:40 )

"arts" is such a weird/broad umbrella term, since they throw liberal arts and visual/fine arts into the same category basically =_=

lol i remember my struggle with thesis, feels similar, kinda
    i literally dropped it and took an extra year to take it because it was so daunting ugh

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/12/1 05:23:43 )

I was just given an opportunity to trap and research moths with a very AWESOME professor, and he goes by his first name or "Mothman". He is the exact opposite of all other professors I've taken in terms of professionalism which has thrown me off completely.

No worries about those hurdles. Life happens and we all have our problems. This semester has been exceptionally hard for me (I've been sick, I'm a caregiver for my husband, and I had a miscarriage), so I understand.
A reminder to drink water and take your vitamins.

QUEST

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.