Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 17:22:36 )
The computer rebooted/updated overnight... without explicit permission... and it lost all my information - all my open files, all my stuff...

I hate it when that happens.

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 17:34:33 )

:'D my work computer did that last night too
    saved everything but still a hassle to re-open it all

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 17:36:18 )

Always save. Always. Nothing is ever safe.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 17:44:09 )
@Wildfire: yes that sucks >_< Time to get new dates
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 18:36:27 )
I don't think I lost any significant information or changes, but just having to go through everything, reopen everything again, trying to remember the filenames of the things I was working on... Ugh. It's annoying.

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 19:13:18 )

yikes. At least it could have been worse, I guess? Not that there are many things worse than computers deciding they're gonna do a thing and costing you all your progress... I had to change my settings to forbid my computer from automatically updating because it's old and can't handle the latest updates any more. But I still have to save often in case of the occasional random crash. Very aggravating.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 19:23:35 )
@Uncledaddy: exactly. This could have been a lot worse, but it's still just annoying. I was in the middle of things - had things set up the way I like them or needed them to be... and... *bang!* RESET! ... And I thought I had all the automatic updates turned off too! I guess not...

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 19:33:53 )

I really hope my "no automatic updates" thing holds up, 'cause it will actually destroy my computer (like, shut it down completely and irreparably if I can't log in fast enough to roll it back and undo the update before it crashes) if it does update again. I've had a couple of scares where it would show me the "update" window out of the blue, but so far it hasn't actually started an update without my permission.

I kinda hate computers, but can't really get by without 'em these days and don't really want to, either. I just want them to be... better.

AKA Count Trashula

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 20:05:47 )
@Uncledaddy: Oh, yes, I understand. I definitely have a love-hate relationship with computers. In some ways, they just complicate things.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 21:42:12 )

Every single time my computer updates, it messes something up! :c Either it changes my sound/mic settings, messes with my dual monitor settings, or makes a game run like garbage.

I have automatic updates turned off, but it eventually forces me to update.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 22:25:13 )

Oh my gosh. Is there anyway to get it back

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 22:53:35 )
@Lufi: Yeah, I think at some point the Update Code just goes "You're obviously not going to do this. I am smarter than U, human. I am Machine" *update*

@Totalanimefan: get what back?
┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.