Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Winter Solstice 2019 Ruby's Candy Cane Endeavor

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 03:47:39 )
@Anarchist Beauty:
BECKY

I read yours like

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 04:31:43 )
I read back a page, and want to second the recommendation to visit Leavenworth around Christmas. I used to go with my grandma when I was a kid, and it has a very cute downtown that's decorated for the season. I've never been during other times of the year, even though it's not that far away, but it's really pretty and snowy in winter.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 04:36:19 )
@ephenay: I'm living in Tacoma, myself, right now. I don't normally see people online from the same area. Your experience for field trips growing up is super familiar - my classes also went to NW Trek, etc.

I played viola in orchestra, but we mostly participated in local events. I know I went to Leavenworth in middle school, but I can't remember if it was for a band and orchestra performance or not. It's too long ago.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 05:35:15 )

@athabm: oh whaat. that's crazy dude, never thought I'd meet someone here who's in the same area too :0 i also played viola all throughout school!!
this is madness

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 06:02:35 )
Oh wow someone else from Tacoma? xD that's so cool xD
my older siblings lived there (half siblings) so that and convention is why i went there all the time

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 06:37:48 )
@ephenay: Wow, that's even more coincidental, but cool!

@Ruby: I grew up in Tacoma, but I moved to Portland as an adult, and lived there for several years. I'm back in Tacoma for now, but I really want to go back to Portland since most of my friends are there.

Which convention did you go to?

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 06:41:04 )
@athabm: Oh nice! I was born In Portland and grew up in Forest Grove and Hillsboro haha

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 06:41:13 )
I wanna move home too lol

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 06:45:33 )

@athabm: pretty cool for sure. how long did you play viola?

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 07:37:27 )
@Ruby: I love Portland, and I understand wanting to move back. I hope you get a chance in the near future.

@ephenay: I started out playing violin, but I moved to viola in...9th or 10th grade, I think? I kept playing in orchestra through my first year of college, but then I played in a couple bands/ensembles with friends. I still have my violin and viola, but haven't played recently.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 10:18:06 )

@athabm: ahh nice. rehearsing with friends outside of school is always so chill. i miss that, as i don't really play anymore. no viola :<

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 22:10:48 )

@Ruby: Good, because that's how I meant it.
      Karen Dinkleberg
      Sounds funny. lol

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 22:53:25 )
@ephenay: I'm sorry to hear that. I haven't played with people in years - I had some bad experiences with not getting along with people and decided I'd rather focus on other activities.

Did you have a favorite genre of music to play?

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 03:41:11 )
@Anarchist Beauty: great is that my full name now? xD

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 10:06:00 )

@athabm: fair enough~
i enjoyed playing pretty much anything aside from pop. but my faves gotta be asian folk and stuff by most french composers.

how about you?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/14 18:36:13 )

@Ruby: Karen Dinkleberg and Rebecca "Becky" Turner

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/15 01:14:07 )
@ephenay: I mostly like to play impressionistic and modern composers, improvisational jazz and noise music, and some folk. I had a professor who lead the Klezmer group at my college, and she taught us lots of old techniques and styles, so that's the only folk genre I had any formal training in, but I've played music from my own heritage and others.

I'll listen to many other kinds of music, though.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/15 04:31:24 )

@athabm: that's pretty awesome! those are some fun genres to play. i feel like a lot of music is soo much better to play than to listen. don't get me wrong, i love listening, it's my lifeline at times but something about performing in an orchestra, especially a full orchestra is so enlightening.

have you ever played with the tacoma youth symphony?

banner by Ruby ❤️

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/15 04:42:40 )

@Ruby: How are you?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/15 05:07:12 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Wonderful lol

@Totalanimefan: Im alright thanks :) you?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.