Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums News & Updates The Surge: Event Credits, Event Feedback and Community Debate

Question: Should we continue allowing "How much -blank- currency do you have?" Thread?

• Yes: 56 / 96 58%
    58% Votes
  • No: 40 / 96 41%
    41% Votes
Npc — he/him Posted 1 month ago ( 2020/01/19 05:46:34 )

Heya Volties! It's that time already, I hope everyone got a chance to get all the sets they like and stash away a couple of extra's. :')

We are glad that we were able to finish off another year with a bang and we hope everyone had lot's of fun.

Let us know what you liked about this event and what you think should be improved on next time in this survey!

TAKE THE SURVEY

Thank you so much to everyone that made this event happen and took the time out of their holidays to run the event.

Jigsaw: Pathologic
Currency: Pathologic
Advent Calendar: Pathologic

Vichard's Memory: ghost
Vregory's Memory: ghost
Violet's Memory: ghost
Virgil's Memory: ghost
Velvet's Memory: Q t e a p o n
Volkan's Memory: Kreitzen
Vyctor's Memory: ghost
Vaughn's Memory: Lilypoo
Valentina's Memory: Q t e a p o n
Vontell's Memory: ghost
Vanora's Memory: Lilypoo
Vivienne's Memory: Lilypoo

Voltie Memories: ghost
Get In The Solstice Spirit: Lilypoo
Memories of Solstice Past: KreitzeN

Vregory's Memory: Alethna
Volkan's Memory: Q t e a p o n
Vaughn's Memory: Fozzy
Vontell's Memory: Fozzy
Vanora's Memory: Fozzy
Vivienne's Memory: Q t e a p o n
Solstice Spirit: ghost
Photo Album: ghost
Bundle: ghost
Ticket: Q t e a p o n

Vaughn's Memory: Saeyra
Valentina's Memory: Saeyra
Vontell's Memory: Saeyra
Vanora's Memory: Q t e a p o n
Memories of Solstice Past: Q t e a p o n
Banners: ghost

Vaughn's Memory: Lilypoo
Vontell's Memory: ghost
Vanora's Memory: Q t e a p o n

Lilypoo, Q t e a p o n, Fozzy, Hadsvich.

With that being said, we would like to address a subject that we have received multiple complaints in regards to. We understand that everyone won't always agree on everything, but making decisions for a community isn't always easy. That's why we wanted to hear YOUR input on the subject before making changes. Please keep in mind that this is a constructive debate so please do not attack anyone that disagrees with your point of view. We would like to hear everyone's opinions.

How much -blank- currency do you have?

Originally we had allowed this thread to help those that do not feel comfortable with posting on the forums to be able to obtain currency easier. We now have multiple revenue's of currency gain during events, such as the jigsaw game. This thread has become a subject of complaint due to it's spam like nature as many users simply copy and paste the same message, which is not allowed on Voltra, but in the spirit of the events we've allowed it.

Currently we want to know if the community would like to keep this thread and what are your reasons for keeping the thread. If the thread is to continue it would be staff maintained and we will have to set some boundaries, such as no copying and pasting the same messages among perhaps others. If the thread is voted to continue, what are some regulations that you can suggest for us to put in place?

If you do not feel comfortable voicing your opinion then please take the opportunity to submit your input at the following link that will keep your submission anonymous.

SUBMIT ANONYMOUS RESPONSE

As promised, since you guys really like the ticket item all users are granted:

2 x

Enjoy~!

Coming Soon!

Community Discussion [ January 26th, 2020 ]

Monthly Crate [February 1st, 2020]

And with that, I'll be signing off. Ciao!

Voltie Posted 1 month ago ( 2020/01/19 05:58:34 )
I think it's a decent way to make some event currency if you don't have anything to say at a particular time, but that's just my opinion.

Although I do think there shouldn't be more than one, maybe two at any one time during an event.
See what conventions I'll be at next

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 1 month ago ( 2020/01/19 06:04:30 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Holy shiet, once again RIP Ghost. I was hoping he got to take a break with this event, but nope. T^T Thank you for everyone who pitched in to put this event together. And also thank you for giving us a chance to have a discussion about the event.

I really liked how this event was not as jam packed as the other events I’ve experienced because a lot of peeps would’ve been busy around Christmas and New Year’s. The only downside is that it felt much harder to rack up the event currency. It seemed like a lot of people expected the bundle price to be lower than it was, and have been scrambling last minute to rack up more candy canes.

I think the candy cane thread is a good thread to have because a lot of people don’t like to converse (I felt the struggle in the community goals thread, and appreciate everyone who pitched in regardless of their social skills). The downside is that a lot of people copy and paste because they don’t realize it’s spam. I was doing it too until another member mentioned that it could be considered spam, and I stopped (even went back and changed a good number of my posts). If there was a mod in there to gently remind people that what they’re doing is not acceptable, I’m sure it wouldn’t have gotten out of hand like it did. A lot of the people who were copy and pasting aren’t bad people, and prolly got carried away with the mob mentality because they saw that they weren’t getting reprimanded for it, so it must not be against any rules.
I can see the pros and cons of having the counting thread, and wouldn’t mind having the next event not have one just to see how it would go. Heck, maybe more people would participate in the activities and goals threads instead of hiding in the comforts of the counting thread. Curious to hear what everyone else thinks.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator Posted 1 month ago ( 2020/01/19 06:06:32 )
I really liked that the thread was available because I'm new and it was very helpful to me to get all my sets. And sometimes conversation can be slow so it's nice to have a little extra after the jigsaw game was maxed. I don't know if copy paste should be allowed because they were always the same post. Mine were similar but I always typed in what actual number I was at. I even chatted some in there haha But I do think it's a good thread to have.

EDIT: this is also my first event as I joined during it and I really appreciated this thread because it really helped me get a full set when I didn't think I'd have enough time to get everything having joined so late into it.
Questing: Wondrous Wisteria & Porcelain Doll
Quest Thread

14/25k

Admin — oink Posted 1 month ago ( 2020/01/19 06:10:05 )

Anonymous submission::

Voted - Yes

Reason:

It's good for people who aren't good/comfortable at conversing

Donator — Divine Posted 1 month ago ( 2020/01/19 06:23:23 )

Yes keep it. I agree on copying pasting it should be different. I started not changing my amount because I saw most just copying and pasting and no mod never said anything so I thought it was allowed. Whoops D: but yeah please keep it.

Art: pagliacci

Voltie — they/he Posted 1 month ago ( 2020/01/19 06:24:36 )
im a person who finds it difficult/uncomfortable to constantly chat in the forums...it feels sooo unnatural to keep forcing small talk with people over the course of an event and then wait for responses, i have other things to do with my time and the jigsaw has been a lifesaver. maybe i am just bad at conversation but sometimes the well does run dry and thats difficult when you are trying to earn event currency. during events i like the user-hosted dice roll/rng threads cause theres an activity going on at the same time, and i like the event activity threads for the same reason.

i was told that the spam rules apply to the forum when it comes to dice rolling/rng games (where conversation may not be happening frequently, so i and others unintentionally ended up spamming) and that the reason for this is because in event forums it allows you to get currency too quickly. which makes sense, it should probably be no different than in other forums outside the undercurrent. so i think the same rules should apply for those "post your currency" threads. it really is just a forum game that people can chat in, but most people dont chat.

i'd be all for allowing that sort of thread if the rules were relaxed for the entire event forum, but we'd have to contend with the issue of currency rates per post, and doing away with that would kinda defeat the purpose of posting in the event forum. maybe there should be an event-games subforum for threads like this where the currency earning is significantly lowered. i still wouldnt want to see tripleposting there like in the undercurrent bc it would get...extremely hard to keep up with forum games without that sort of limitation, but it would still allow for people to relax and worry less about the content value of their post. the main event forum would still have the raised currency rates and people could do their chatting there as well as participate in the main forum events.

Donator — He/Him Posted 1 month ago ( 2020/01/19 06:25:25 )

You can pry my currency threads from my cold, dead pixels. >:^(

As someone who is big on lurking, not easily engaged with random chat threads, and also often too busy to do a lot of posting (or spend much time on the puzzles, nice as those are), I love the currency threads. They give me a boost when needed and I honestly don't see where they've caused any issues. They aren't filling up the event forum or killing off conversation.

I'm fine with "no copy/pasting" and ensuring that the thread is limited to a single one per event. I think that's fair. But I see no reason to remove it entirely and I'm surprised to hear people have asked for this.

AKA Uncledaddy
>HANGOUT<

Admin — oink Posted 1 month ago ( 2020/01/19 06:29:38 )

Anonymous Submission:

Voted - Yes

Why do you feel this way?

it's still a nice way to earn currency when the threads are moving slowly and you want to earn currency through posting on forums.

If the thread is voted to continue, what are some regulations that you can suggest for us to put in place?

perhaps set the currency drop for that specific thread to be lower, if one of the concerns is an influx of currency being gained. that way it sort of balances it out - since it's a fast moving thread and more spammy in nature, having it have more of an undercurrent rule would likely help cut down on that part.

same with if it comes to features like back during reaping ritual '19 - if it's something that applies toward post count for community gain, have this specific thread be void on that.

that way you're still allowing users to have this option to post to earn currency, although lesser for influx reasons, and allow people to post during the event still when other threads are slow.

Anonymous Submission:

Voted - No

Events are the time where the community has a common theme to post about and enjoy, it should be all about getting together and actually taking the time to post about these things. Regularly nobody complains about having to make regular posts because it IS the central purpose of a forum avatar website. This thread has been allowed because there were people who do prefer lurking and enjoying things from a corner, but now that there are games and there are plans to add more games, there is no reason to have a thread that really is only just spam, it's just the truth there's no other label for it.
Also, the events in Voltra are extremely giving and fair and most only really require 1 post a day to get all the items. This means posting to gain currency is already a choice for those who want to get extras, it is in no way taking away from their ability to earn the items if they don't have the thread, even if they don't like posting much. Removing this kind of thread doesn't really hurt anyone and only makes it more fair, as only about 5-10 users regularly use these threads, accumulating massive amounts of items (That most users only have 1-2 of) and gain a lot of wealth from them.

If the thread is voted to continue, what are some regulations that you can suggest for us to put in place?

I really don't wish for it to continue but, I think not allowing double posting at all would help. I am extremely opposed to posting delays too, but perhaps if it could only be applied to a single thread it would help for this one. Also, if it could only be applie to this thread only, lower currency gains.
Maybe done as a subforum it would work, that or get moved to the games forum and only be allowed there, which would already have a lower currency gain.

Anonymous Submission:

Voted - No

The site doesn't allow spam. Why is this thread continuously allowed outside of the arcade or undercurrent? It's a games thread. Or it's an undercurrent thread. Keep it out of the event forum if it's staying. Put it in either of the other two. Also, just get rid of it - as that would mean that conversation is a thing. Even if there are less posts, SO WHAT? At least the posts made will be the users actually interacting with each other!

None. Ban it.

Anonymous Submission:

Voted - No

People are saying "there's not enough people to talk to" but that's because everyone's only using the spam thread. It would solve the problem. My suggestion would be to remove it, and also lower the price of items and/or increase the amount of currency earned, to make it easier to get the items with casual conversation/light posting. Maybe even make a rarer chance of getting event currency in other threads, even the Undercurrent/Arcade? A way to spam without cheating the system.

No double posting? Or a more staff regulated thread? Maybe coded to grant a little less than other event threads?

P L E A S E - P I N G - M E

Donator — She/her Posted 1 month ago ( 2020/01/19 06:40:57 )

Hi. I’m out right now but I wanted to leave a piece of quick feedback-
I think for multiple reasons the currency thread is good. But I want to say that the last few events it starting being people starting putting the same message it was wasn’t actually the amount they had. The last three days of the event I started doing the same because everyone was and it seemed to be ok.
I would like to see the thread return in future events but people can’t have the same message copy and pasted. The number should change. If it’s one or two off from the number they actually have it’s ok, it’s more than people can’t copy and paste the same number like 1,000.

Donator — she/they Posted 1 month ago ( 2020/01/19 06:57:52 )

thanks for doing a big feedback/survey for the event! it would be really nice to see these more often.

on the subject of the currency thread, if it is going to be kept then it should definitely have some rule changes. and also have moderators on the thread to remind people of the spam rules. it seems like it's never really ever kept up with in this regard as anytime i've ever participated in them there have been several instances of users breaking the rules and not a single "hey, head's up" from a moderator. :<

Donator — She/her Posted 1 month ago ( 2020/01/19 07:05:43 )

Also I wanted to say that the mods do look at the event currency thread! I know this from personal experience.

By Ghost
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 1 month ago ( 2020/01/19 07:16:52 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Not to bash on the mods, but I don’t think I’ve seen them ever tell someone in the counting thread that they’re breaking the rules. It could be a case where the thread is moving so fast, that they’re not seeing everything. I feel like near the end of the event, I didn’t see any mods posting there, unlike the previous events. Would’ve been nice to see what they would’ve said to all the copy and pasting.

It’s really good to see all this feed back. I didn’t know there were so many people who were bothered by the thread, and they all have valid points and some great suggestions. I can’t wait to read more of what people think. ^^

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — UNI-CORN Posted 1 month ago ( 2020/01/19 07:51:59 )
You all did such a great job with this event, but I really hope that you let @ghost: sleep a bit afterwords.

Donator Posted 1 month ago ( 2020/01/19 15:48:36 )
-----------------------------

I can honestly see this going either way, but if it's spam, it's spam. I never really thought about it, but I suppose it really is. If there are more ways to acquire candy canes via other games (I like the jigsaw, but it's not everyone's cup of tea), then shunting this to Undercurrent isn't really so bad a thing. In the interest of keeping the event forum spam-free, as seems to be the main intent, instituting a word minimum may be just the trick.

Questing:
Bayou
Haunting

Questing:
Bouncer
Candy Cane Lane
Curious Case
Haunting
Oracle
Unique Bases
Vaughn's Belt
Veles

Voltie — She/Her Posted 1 month ago ( 2020/01/19 16:36:21 )
I'm fine with the thread having more rules, but I wouldn't like it to be gone completely. For example, if you have to post exactly how much currency you have with each post then I think that's fine. I actually started off doing that in the candy cane thread and only started posting more vague numbers when I saw everyone else was doing it. I thought it was okay because I saw them doing it and I had only been back to the site for like a month when the event started, so I guess I assumed everyone else knew what they were doing better than I did. In the case of the jigsaw puzzles, I don't mind doing them, but the larger puzzles have ridiculously tiny pieces, at least on my iPad, so I didn't really feel like doing more than the easiest two sizes of puzzles. Also, doing puzzles every day kind of gets boring to me after a while. It might be better once more games aside from puzzles are added though.

Thanks for the event ticket items! Also, the event was fun while it lasted. Good job to everyone that worked on it~

My QuestsMy Shop My Closet

Voltie Posted 1 month ago ( 2020/01/19 17:44:52 )
I really liked the how many thread, it made it much easier to gain currency so I could buy a few copies of each set. If I would've known there was a bundle it would've been a blessing to have that thread so I could afford it. The limit in the puzzles was really annoying so having it around was very convenient and helpful. I don't find a lot of threads interesting to post in so it would set me back quite a lot if you banned them.
Banning copy+paste posts is perfectly fine by me (if you go back to the one for this event you might be able to see my posts where I copy and pasted my message but I added more and more adjectives and what-not to describe the candy canes, making them more absurd as time went on until I got exhausted of it) but I also feel if you do that people will get around that by writing nonsense and continuing the same thing, so I don't see too much of a point.
All I ask is if you do ban copy+paste posts that you don't restrict how fast people post them.
If it's about keeping spam down just restrict it all to one thread being allowed so people don't fill the main page with those kind of threads
I make art! Please commission me

Voltie Posted 1 month ago ( 2020/01/19 19:14:09 )

What did you vote?
      Yes

Because not only is it fun, but it's also an easy, low-pressure way for people to gain event currency. Which is useful for people who don't feel overly comfortable with open conversations, or "butting in" to other conversations, or who can't keep up with the speedy conversations that can take place in other event threads.

No spam/copy&pasting. Each post needs to be different and have your actual event currency # in it. Which is the exact point of the thread.
      Posting "chicken butt", or you know whatever, in every post isn't exactly answering the question "how many event currencies do you have?"
      "I have [###] currencies" is an answer, and that number should be changed with every post.
      Hell, even "[#] Chicken butts" would be better. XD
      People just need to remember the point of the thread is to track currency amounts, therefore the currency amount you possess needs to be tracked in your posts. Otherwise you're just spamming to spam, which isn't cool.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 month ago ( 2020/01/19 22:42:42 )
Normally I'd say allow it but now that we have the jigsaw puzzle, there's literally no need for such a thread. Don't wanna chat? cool, take a few minutes to do some puzzles and you'll be able to get the currency you need without spamming away for ages. It's much easier to earn currency through the puzzles than it is to just sit and spam how many you have xD

So yea...get rid of it.
Please call me Amakai or Ama :3c 29 year old fangirl living in FFXV hell. Multishipper currently Shipping: Ignoct & Gladnoct

Admin — Lily Posted 1 month ago ( 2020/01/20 05:32:24 )

I've seen a few of you mention that the mods/staff never told you you were spamming and I just wanted to clarify that it's alright! We were more lax with this thread during this event for a couple of different reasons and decided that we would focus our efforts on the event/our personal lives and just revisit the thread afterwards!

Just wanted to add that little clarification there and thank you all for sharing your opinions! <3

x
Admin & Lead Item Tech

Lost my mama on May 11 2019, May she rest in everlasting peace

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.