Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Jolly Rancher - Sour Surge

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/2 04:45:48 )
I bought a bag yesterday, I tried them out, one other time. not that bad. But not really sour, like sour warheads like if anyone rememebers those?

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/2 05:23:01 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

LOL, nothing is sour like warheads candy imo. Do they still make them? I feel like I haven’t seen them in years.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/2 06:21:31 )
@Tsundererra: I still see them at a few stores in my town but I don't go out buying them, sometimes people give sour warheads away as Halloween candy.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/2 06:25:25 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Unicorn: I haven’t seen them given out in my area for Halloween recently or being sold in stores. x__x Maybe it’s just my location?
It sucks because I kinda enjoyed them, and it was fun to hold “don’t react” contests with my bro and cousin.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/2 06:35:28 )
@Tsundererra: have you ever done that sour warhead challege that some people were doing at all by chance? Perhaps so on where you live. I know that when I was pregnant with my daughter for some odd reason I had a craving for nerds candy and I looked at every store and gas station in my town and nobody had them I even asked if some had any and they all said now. I went camping in a different town was able to get 2 packs up and then after I got back home from I talked to a friend and she said yeah the store just got some nerds candy in a box and I said I don't need those anymore lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/2 06:36:29 )
@Totalanimefan: I think that the blue raspberry sour warhead was the most sourest.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/2 06:48:04 )
@Totalanimefan: but it tasted good after the sour was gone just like the black cherry, now my mouth is wattering for them ugh

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/2 06:52:13 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Unicorn: I used to do the challenge when I was a kid, but I just googled it and it seems like it’s now become a viral video contest people do. xD
Omg, maybe the stores are always sold out when I go to check for them, just like when you were craving nerds.

My mouth is watering remembering the black cherry one. That one was my favorite one. The watermelon and blue raspberry ones were second.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/2 07:29:12 )
@Totalanimefan: that is a pretty long time to not have it.

@Tsundererra: that could be true also, and all the good flavors would be gone before the not so great flavors lol.

Donator — Whatever Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/2 17:24:08 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

We sell them at my summer job
I don't care for sour so I don't eat them

Put ya guns awn!

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/2 17:45:31 )

Black cherry hard candy Warheads. The best sour candy, imo.
I never see them anywhere, but I'm sure you could find them if you go to the right candy store.
They probably aren't sold in most general stores because they're so sour lmao

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/2 21:11:52 )
@Kitalpha Hart: very understandable what sort of a summer job is it?

@Booderdooder: well with that sour warhead challenge that went viral, a lot of places have been sold out of them. this could be another reason why other brands are making sour candy hard telling.

Donator — Whatever Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/3 00:58:05 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Unicorn: retail at a theme park
Specifically I sell shiny shit aka light up toys, mostly swords and headbands

Put ya guns awn!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/3 01:00:51 )

We have a similar candy in the UK called Toxic Waste. They were so freaking sour I can't tell you how sour they were. I could only tolerate the lemon ones, all the others blew my head off.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/3 01:13:27 )
@Kitalpha Hart: Ooh I see, sorry

@sunny: that is rather interesting, I think that I may have tried one of those once as a kid.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/3 01:29:06 )

@Unicorn: they are nice, if you can get past how sour they are lol

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/3 01:32:36 )
@sunny: well that is very good to hear, if Iever get to try them again I will for sure probably got past the sourness.

I found a candy site that sells a bunch of candies that some stores might now have in stock.

Donator — Whatever Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/3 02:09:34 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Unicorn: I'd be all yeah it's nice glow misses the majority of retail shittery, but it has its own bullshit
Glow doesn't have a storefront, we have carts that we wander in and a booth we have to set up and pull down each night
And the booth likes being $30 short
It's gotten worse once Six Flags added a register to allow membership discounts. We don't have coin rolls in our bags, so when it comes to sales that use the discounts and end up wild like $8.42, we hope they use card. Cash gets a glow-only line: "if you have exact change, it's [price]. If you don't, it's [rounded up to the next dollar]", which, weirdly enough, people are perfectly fine with not getting the right change back

Put ya guns awn!

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/3 02:29:26 )
@Kitalpha Hart: that is a bit crummy that it happens I am so sorry to hear that.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — Whatever Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/3 03:27:02 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Unicorn: I'm the most senior glow girl, and I operate as a team lead but I get standard peon pay
It's a lot of fun when up at the show I have someone on their first time in glow and they didn't know an answer so they come raging to me at the booth
Thankfully, as soon as the raging person is told that it's their first day of glow, they deflate. Hard
It's a park and resort and where the booth and lightshow is located is technically part of the campgrounds. Sometimes we get people asking campgrounds questions, thankfully there's an office we can shoot them off to. The one lady was nuts tho. "I HAD SURGERY ON MY FOOT I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ON IT AND I CAN'T FIND MY CABIN" screaming at me and that night's glow lead. Thankfully security was there and deflected her off of us, but even now I wonder, we have wheelchair rentals, why didn't she rent one?
Then there's the whole Six Flags rule of no phones below area lead and I have all the leads in my phone because neither out back room nor our booth have a phone, plus the whole ~2 hours of roaming around means accessing us is hard otherwise
I have stories. Including a near crash on one of the roller coasters

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.