Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat What makes you nostalgic?

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/5 02:27:33 )
Oh yesss club penguin!! All sorts of games like that. Fantage, Pixie Hollow, Moshi Monsters. Poptropica was similar but it was neat story-based things rather than just wandering around and playing mini games and maybe chatting with other players. Early roblox back when tix were still a thing

Donator — Him, He Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/5 02:32:27 )
Moshi monsters was cool. And aaah Roblox before the tix were some good times. Do you remember Adventure Quest?

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/5 02:42:10 )
I don't remember Adventure Quest, don't think I ever came across it. What I do remember, however, is Wizard101. Replayed it a couple months ago and relived my childhood fear of those scarecrow things

Donator — Him, He Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/5 02:45:06 )
Guess I'm glad I avoided those nightmares as a kid. XD

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/5 02:47:45 )
They were my worst fear

Voltie — They/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/03/5 20:31:48 )
- The scent of a dusty room with cheap airfreshener. It takes me back to playing sims 1 and 2 on the family computer with my sister.

- The scent of sunwarm pine trees. Reminds me of my family's countless roadtrips through Finland in the summer.

- I was around for the glory days of Gaiaonline, and man was it fun. I don't really talk to any of my old Gaia friends anymore, and the one I did keep in touch with died a few years ago. I remember being young and naive, often getting baited by trolls and going on rants. I remember trying to suck up to the prommies.

- MSN. I remember coming home after school and logging into MSN to talk to people from all over the world that I'd met on various websites. I also used it to argue with my school friend. My arch nemesis was the nudge function, which one of my friends would use if it took me more than 5 minutes to read and reply to his message. Which can easily happen when you've got seven chats going on and you're browsing Gaia at the same time, haha.

- The taste of pistacio Icecream. One summer we went on a holiday to Oulu in Finland, this amazing place with great weather and a beautiful beach. We rented a summer house, and one of the older ladies down the street found us children so charming she often gave us money and told us to go to the local kiosk and get ourselves some Moomin icecream. It kinda tasted like pistacio, but I've never been able to find it since.
I remember it as one of the best summer vacations I've ever had. My mother remembers it as the worst, but that's probably because it was the last vacation before she and my dad decided to split up for good.
I've always wanted to lift a large quadraped over my head

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.