Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Its so quiet today

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/17 19:25:45 )

Despite everyone being home, including myself, the internet on my end and my house just seems so very quiet.
It is kind of nice. But I also feel like I need something to fidget with in between drawing..
Trying to get some more RLC options up cause what are real jobs lately ;v;''' I suck at organizing things though.

what are you up to today?

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/17 19:39:15 )

@totalanimefan:
poop, you reminded me of the chores I have to do too XD
Darn mountain of unfolded clothes behind me!

but yeah, even my youtube feed is pretty quiet! I usually have a bunch of videos from the daily show with Trevor Noah. But I think he said he's in self quarantine now, since pretty much all of NY is, so they chilled out. Along with others that I follow bein quiet too

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/17 19:48:30 )

@totalanimefan:
cause its boring xD
and its such a frequent chore

Yeah thats true. Another youtuber I watch mentioned his wife having bold symptoms, and her doctor was able to say it wasn't the flu, but also advised not to go get tested for corona since she's young and healthy enough to kick it. Cause if she does have it, she can spread it to others that are there getting tested. And if she doesn't have it, she could catch it by going to where infected people might be getting tested at.

Yeesh

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/17 19:57:43 )

@totalanimefan:
Yeah, I'm hearing a lot of crazy stuff. Granted, some people are going to bold lie about things for the effect. But I also believe some of it is very possible or probably true enough. Cause thats the country we live in lol
Makes me mad too

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/17 21:16:57 )

hahahaha speaking of trevor noah being somewhat isolated: this silly youtube video

@totalanimefan:
I cant view that with my adblock xD aint getting me with popups today internet!
But yeah, I'm not a fan of fox news generally.

@koneko:
haha it takes a lot of practice to maintain that focus for sure
but sometimes the determination to make some form of income is more motivating ^^;;
I found a fun chibi style I wanna throw out there though, hopefully I get lucky too!

good luck job hunting though! its kinda impossible in some places right now

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/17 21:29:49 )

@totalanimefan:
Yeah, that sounds like something they'd do! Its why I dont watch them. I usually get my news from youtube, specifically philip defranco. Even though he can tend to be opinionated sometimes, he tries to fact check everything, or will admit if he found something he says to be wrong and corrects himself.
Feels more genuine, less toxic, and more trustworthy :vanora_sweat:

Thank you!
I also made my avi as animal crossing style and I dunno where I want to put it XD

its lazy af lmao

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/17 21:51:25 )

just finished working (more or less?) which consisted of me watching a livestream for half of it--

gonna hunker down and work on my own personal stuff now yay~

@Jolly: that art is so cute omg

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/17 23:09:08 )

@pachi:
Yay for personal stuff <3 I have to go to school in about an hour to do a massage for practicum hours ;v;
Then I can go back to arting, maybe I should also do some personal stuff until I can catch any orders!

@koneko:
I think right now it is difficult for many to have enough money for things like art. I totally get it xD
I've also been helping my school so much with computers, I'm thinking about asking for payment soon lmaoo
If they end up going all online, they would 100% need a computer tech on call cause literally no one in my school knows how technology works.
>> hiremedangit

@totalanimefan:
Defranco cracks me up. And I love how he presents things with sources or otherwise lets you know when something is simply just an opinion. There's no manipulation. XD

If I wasn't financially upside down, I totally would! If I can reach a point where I can pay my whoppin' 3 bills and they not be more than my paychecks are worth, then I'll consider small art shops! :vanora_xd: Hopefully its only a short term rut

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/17 23:23:15 )

@koneko:
Yeah, I'm sure they'd probably be willing if they can afford that. Even if its a single slap of money just to help them install things and personally train each instructor xD any bit helps me and them!

Ohh, my bf's brother worked at a shelter for a while. It was also one that doesn't put any of the animals down! (unless they're suffering of course) so he absolutely loved it there.

@totalanimefan:
Oh really? Is that going to be for those unemployed or who cant go to work due to the virus?
If thats the case I wouldn't qualify. My hour drops are because target sucks xD the virus hasn't changed it that much, it just added a position which inspired them to take more hours from others. lmao
I also dont have open availability cause of college days, so retail in general can be pretty unforgiving lol
I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.