Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Something Nice You Got Yourself

Donator — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/19 01:57:39 )
I just bought a Surface Pro 7 for myself after MONTHS of talking myself out of it, and I'm SO excited.
I needed a laptop for school, but I really wanted a tablet for art. So I got two in one!
The price wasn't too bad at $660, considering what it is, and it came with an attachable keyboard.
I kept talking myself out of getting it since last November, even though it's something I had really needed.
I bought the pen to go with it so that I can work on commissions from anywhere, and I'm just too excited not to talk about it ;A;

What's something nice you bought yourself lately? Nicest thing you've ever bought yourself? Something someone got for you?
If you're saving money due to our current worldwide issue, what's something you have your eye on?

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/19 02:01:00 )

heyyy i have and draw on a surface pro too :D it's so worth it.

Donator — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/19 02:03:41 )

@pachi: Oh thank god OTL I bought it without getting any advice from other artists lmao
I was just gonna hope for the best and try to wing it. What kind of programs do you use on it?
I just ripped my SAI and Photoshop off of my desktop and slapped it on my Surface Pro...

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/19 02:05:48 )

@Booderdooder: i'm a CSP ho because i use it to make books LOL... i still want to try sai2 again ^_TT

Donator — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/19 02:08:07 )

@pachi: There's a SAI 2??? Where have I been @-@
I think I installed CSP once and then never used it. I feel like I should, though.
But I'm stuck in my ways and afraid of change like a small, whimpering old man OTL

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/19 02:10:55 )

@Booderdooder: trial version of it came out years ago LOL
    i think full version's out too? idr

CSP to me is a nice mix between sai and ps - a ton of functions and a huge image asset/brush library, nifty tools, and lots of time-saving features. but the learning curve is kinda meh, i had trouble adjusting to it since i was too used to how sai's brushes felt ahaha;;; my lineart still isn't up to the standards i want but i'll deal with it

Donator — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/19 02:13:00 )

@pachi: Yeah lineart is a BIG deal to me. I'd like to play around with CSP and see if I
could ever adapt to it enough to replace SAI, but I don't wanna pay for it and then never use it @-@

It's on sale right now, isn't it? I think I saw you post about it not too long ago.

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/19 02:14:05 )

@Booderdooder: there is a certain brush setting you can use to make it feel more like sai's brush, and i'm pretty sure the user-made assets has one haha

@-@ it ended yesterday RIP

Donator — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/19 02:15:27 )

@pachi: All around me are familiar faces...

Oh well. I think I've spent enough money between the Surface Pro and preordering Animal Crossing >>;

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/19 02:18:38 )
I was considering getting something like that and haven't yet done my research on pricing and options, but that has me intrigued now! I figured it would be a lot more expensive to get one of those!

Hmm, nicest thing I bought for myself are probably one of my various pairs of boots lol. I have a bit of a problem in that I love boots so much. xD One of the nicest things someone bought for me was my pair of Michael Kors boots, which retailed for $245 at the time. Also my Doc Martens, which I have the black matte and the shiny white pairs. ^o^

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/19 02:33:13 )
★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★

@Booderdooder: I always get myself, what I call "a tax return gift to myself."
Usually I get a new video game system but this year I was like "time to get a fancy dancy $$$ backpack"
So I got a cute plum FjallRaven backpack <3
It is so sturdy and I love the canvas like material, I have NEVER spent so much on a backpack, but for the quality that I got, I don't regret it.

。☆✼★━━━━★✼☆。

Donator — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/19 02:38:05 )

@Aisukohi: I really recommend it! I got the Surface Pro 7 in Platinum with 4GB of memory.
It's way cheaper than any color (you can throw a case on it, anyway) and much cheaper than the 8GB.
I use my desktop computer for storage, so memory wasn't a factor for me. $660 is way better than $1,000+

@kaichoukai: I can't imagine spending that much on a backpack, but I totally see the practicality.
Do you have a picture of it? The color sounds really cute.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/19 02:38:29 )

When I'm ready to splurge I usually go looking for lolita. My biggest purchase I haven't even been able to wear yet because it's never cold enough lol. Wearing velvet in Texas is ... difficult.

Right now though I'm looking into buying a house so that will probably be my next big spend. Also the biggest spend. Just gotta... wait for all this craziness to stop...

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/19 02:41:46 )

@Booderdooder: RIP i think the next sale will probably be black friday

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/19 02:55:10 )
i have the same tablet! i use it for work and it's absolutely perfect. i've always been a desktop person but having a tablet is nice sometimes at home too, i've found. you're gonna love it.

i went a little crazy on car parts/accessories recently... got some new rims, tires, mudflaps, some vinyl stuff, black fender emblems, a front lip, redstuff brakes, and an accessport so i can tune it :)

hello again

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/19 03:14:08 )
@booderdooder: Good to know, and thanks for the tip!

Storage isn't a huge necessity to me anyway since I've got jump drives and an old external hard drive hiding somewhere lol.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/19 06:14:16 )

that's so exciting! sounds like you're gonna get a lot of good use out of your new tablet

I think the most expensive thing I've ever bought for myself is the nintendo switch... it was my pat-on-the-back for landing the job that I really wanted
otherwise I'm not a very big spender, and maybe the most recent nice thing I bought for myself was a small set of copics last year.

Donator — He/Him. Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/19 10:44:46 )
So sayeth the angel. A couple of things,actually. A new pair of headphones and a phone case. I have a case now,but I accidentally got the wrong type (I have a stylo 3,and I ordered a case for a 2 by mistake). The case is one of those ones that has the glitter that cascades down it.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/19 14:47:43 )

Just bought myself the novelization of Dear Evan Hansen, so that's pretty nice. Even though I really should've saved the money. Nicest things are my ball-jointed doll, my computer, and soon my second trip to Disney World.

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/19 16:48:06 )
The occasional bubble tea. I'm waiting on an upcoming achievement so I can get myself a copy of Asra's Tarot deck.
And I'm going all out to make a carrying pouch for them.
Yes.
Ping me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.