Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature What are you currently reading?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2019/03/9 04:01:19 )
I just finished listening to an audiobook of The Legend of Drizzt by R.A. Salvatore.
It was a fun listen.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2019/03/10 21:00:14 )
╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍
Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman. Second book in the Scythe series.
Utopian future with dark undertones of corruption. Good stuff.

╍╍Gʀᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢꜱ Fʀᴏᴍ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍Tʜᴇ Lᴏɴᴇʟʏ Cɪᴛʏ╍╍
Pʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ @ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴀ ʀᴇꜱᴘᴏɴꜱᴇ.

Voltie — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2019/03/18 18:40:31 )
Princess Jellyfish! Fujoshi coming out of their shells and making clothes with a cross-dressing rich boy!
Goodbye Have a beautiful time!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2019/03/24 20:53:09 )
I'm about a quarter of the way through "King of Scars" by Leigh Bardugo.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2019/03/26 04:18:03 )
Last weekend I made a trip to the used bookstore and loaded up on lots of goodies! It sounds crazy, but we have no used bookstores where we live, so any time I travel, I visit the used bookstores to find some uncommon treasures. This time I found a stack of books by Donna Jo Napoli. I love her! Her writing is brilliant. She does a lot of fairytale retellings and they're so unique. Right now I'm reading "Sirena," her retelling of The Little Mermaid.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/31 02:57:25 )

A book I had on hold at my library for 6 weeks finally came available. It's called The Woman in the Window. I'm not expecting it to be amazing or anything, but I like to read the super popular books so I have something to talk about with my boyfriend's sister. I'm currently around page 50.

Voltie — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/31 03:35:27 )
howls moving castle

i finally got my hands on this book :'))

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/31 08:04:50 )
The sex god method. purely because it was controversial and the amount of drama in the reviews on goodreads.

Voltie — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 03:54:16 )
I just finished a book called The Siren by Tiffant Reisz. Its an Adult romance book but it was really tastefully done. i have the next book in the series coming tomorrow

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/9 04:47:34 )

I started reading The Great Alone a few days ago. It's a good book, but I'm having a hard time getting through it because the father is so much like the way my father was... I'm about 55% into it.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/9 20:34:08 )
I started reading The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. It was gifted to me by my writing class teacher and so far, I'm liking it.
Lucifer's Pet

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/21 11:01:35 )
The other night, I finished Bright Ruin, the last book in a trilogy by Vic James.

I've now started on a collection of novels by H.G. Wells. I'm a sci-fi junkie.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/21 13:19:14 )

I am almost finished with book 4 of the Wereworld series. About to start book 5.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/15 19:48:46 )

[ Just finished up The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton, and it was a pretty interesting book. Was not expecting to like it nearly as much as I did. Honestly thought that I was going to DNF it. It's not the greatest literature ever, but it's a fun and quick read. Would love to see it as a Ghibli film or as an anime of some kind. It's a very visual book with really cool descriptions of the world.

I'm starting on The Kiss of Deception right now, not sure how I feel about it yet. Still on the first couple of pages. We'll see. ]

Voltie — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/11/24 18:49:24 )
I'm currently reading the Korean translation of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

Voltie — they/he/it Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/01/4 03:30:31 )
currently re-reading undead girl gang by lily anderson! it's a really cool story about a mexican-amerian plus-size wiccan teen named mila using necromancy to help solve the murders of girls at her school. i found out about it because the author worked as a librarian at my dad's school (he's a custodian there). it has a really good twist but that's all i'll say. :x

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/01/5 09:57:16 )

I'm currently re-reading this book again called Inkspell by Cornelia Funk. Is a second book from it's trilogy series. I don't want to spoil much but the setting is modern day then into medieval fantasy later on to the series.

To brief it short there was a father named Mo who has a talent of reading beautifully out loud in front of his wife Resa and his two years old daughter Meggie. The couple are total bookworms and every night before bed, Resa would pick a book for Mo to read out loud. One of those nights however Resa picked a book called Ink Heart for him to read. But in the middle of a chapter he was reading out loud, two of the characters that he was currently reading appeared out of nowhere. One an innocent fire eater name Dustfringer and a main antagonist of the book called Capricorn. A little later on without him realizing his wife is no longer been found meaning she was warp inside the book in exchange for those two characters.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — - Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/01/5 15:27:44 )
I'm listening to "The thing about December" by Donal Ryan and it's depressing.

While the Celtic Tiger rages, and greed becomes the norm, Johnsey Cunliffe desperately tries to hold on to the familiar, even as he loses those who all his life have protected him from a harsh world. Following the deaths first of his father and then his mother, Johnsey inherits the family farm, and a healthy bank account, both of which he proves incapable of managing on his own. Village bullies and scheming land-grabbers stand in his way, no matter where he turns. Though companionship, and the promise of love, enter his life as a result of a hospital stay following a brutal beating, Johnsey remains a lonely man struggling to keep up with a world that moves faster than he does.

Set over the course of one year of Johnsey Cunliffe's life, The Thing About December breathes with Johnsey's bewilderment, humor and agonizing self-doubt. Readers will fall in love with Johnsey in a bittersweet tale that serves as a poignant reminder that we are surrounded in life by simple souls who are nonetheless more insightful and wise than we realize, or can even imagine.

Voltie — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/01/26 22:58:26 )

I'm currently reading volume 22 of My Hero Academia~
★~~Questing~~★

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/12 16:35:13 )

Currently reading an old favorite of mine - Unwind by Neal Shusterman

It's a dystopian novel about the world after the second civil war over reproductive rights. It's a very sad topic but well worth the read

Chatterbox

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.