Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature What are you currently reading?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/15 19:48:46 )

[ Just finished up The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton, and it was a pretty interesting book. Was not expecting to like it nearly as much as I did. Honestly thought that I was going to DNF it. It's not the greatest literature ever, but it's a fun and quick read. Would love to see it as a Ghibli film or as an anime of some kind. It's a very visual book with really cool descriptions of the world.

I'm starting on The Kiss of Deception right now, not sure how I feel about it yet. Still on the first couple of pages. We'll see. ]

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/24 18:49:24 )
I'm currently reading the Korean translation of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

Voltie — they/he/it Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/4 03:30:31 )
currently re-reading undead girl gang by lily anderson! it's a really cool story about a mexican-amerian plus-size wiccan teen named mila using necromancy to help solve the murders of girls at her school. i found out about it because the author worked as a librarian at my dad's school (he's a custodian there). it has a really good twist but that's all i'll say. :x

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 09:57:16 )

I'm currently re-reading this book again called Inkspell by Cornelia Funk. Is a second book from it's trilogy series. I don't want to spoil much but the setting is modern day then into medieval fantasy later on to the series.

To brief it short there was a father named Mo who has a talent of reading beautifully out loud in front of his wife Resa and his two years old daughter Meggie. The couple are total bookworms and every night before bed, Resa would pick a book for Mo to read out loud. One of those nights however Resa picked a book called Ink Heart for him to read. But in the middle of a chapter he was reading out loud, two of the characters that he was currently reading appeared out of nowhere. One an innocent fire eater name Dustfringer and a main antagonist of the book called Capricorn. A little later on without him realizing his wife is no longer been found meaning she was warp inside the book in exchange for those two characters.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — - Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 15:27:44 )
I'm listening to "The thing about December" by Donal Ryan and it's depressing.

While the Celtic Tiger rages, and greed becomes the norm, Johnsey Cunliffe desperately tries to hold on to the familiar, even as he loses those who all his life have protected him from a harsh world. Following the deaths first of his father and then his mother, Johnsey inherits the family farm, and a healthy bank account, both of which he proves incapable of managing on his own. Village bullies and scheming land-grabbers stand in his way, no matter where he turns. Though companionship, and the promise of love, enter his life as a result of a hospital stay following a brutal beating, Johnsey remains a lonely man struggling to keep up with a world that moves faster than he does.

Set over the course of one year of Johnsey Cunliffe's life, The Thing About December breathes with Johnsey's bewilderment, humor and agonizing self-doubt. Readers will fall in love with Johnsey in a bittersweet tale that serves as a poignant reminder that we are surrounded in life by simple souls who are nonetheless more insightful and wise than we realize, or can even imagine.

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/26 22:58:26 )

I'm currently reading volume 22 of My Hero Academia~

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 16:35:13 )

Currently reading an old favorite of mine - Unwind by Neal Shusterman

It's a dystopian novel about the world after the second civil war over reproductive rights. It's a very sad topic but well worth the read

Chatterbox

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/23 02:14:47 )
The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson. I am currently on book 4 out if 14: the Shadow Rising. I am obseeeeeessed. I can't stop reading. Any other WoT readers?

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 08:24:08 )
I'm currently listening to the audiobook for Strange Practice by Vivian Shaw. I rather like it even if its a bit cheesy.
I recently finished the audiobook for Mort by Terry Pratchett, enjoyed it quite a bit but, I think I fell asleep during some of it so I'll have to listen to it again <3

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/27 03:13:18 )

Rouge by Julie Kagawa. It's the second book in the series.

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/22 07:59:55 )

I'm currently reading The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I read a graphic novel version of it when I was a kid, but I never got around to reading the actual book until now.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/22 16:45:39 )

Currently finishing up the Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan.
      The new PJO tv series for Disney+ was announced and my ass immediately fell into the fandom trap again and I pulled out the books and have been burning through them.
      I still need to work on collecting all the other books from Rick, I don't even have the Trials of Apollo!
      But sadly I'm poor. :c

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 23:54:58 )

I'm reading The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee~

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 00:37:09 )

I'm now rereading Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. It's a book I liked as a child

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/20 00:43:47 )
Reading Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen and I'm enjoying the sass.

[Quests][Store]

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/22 05:06:58 )

I'm reading Seven Deadly Shadows by Courtney Alameda and Valynne E. Maetani

★~~Questing~~★

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/26 09:19:35 )
I used to read a lot but I've been in a reading slump for a while and I read very slow now. I'm currently reading The Cruel Prince by Holly Black and the last book I finished was The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/31 01:23:24 )

Little over half way through Shadow Born Academy.

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 15:15:21 )
Currently reading "IT" by Stephen King, finally. I started it a few times in the past but never got through the first chapter/prologue section where they're adults. The more I read the more I lament that a faithful movie hasn't been done.

Really I think you'd have to do it as a TV series, maybe get Hulu to do it. I'd watch TF out of it (as long as they had the IQ to remove the outdated racism).
ping me for best results

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/24 04:10:31 )
King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo

Ping me!

Hangout

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.