Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG ┤▒├ WRRECT ┤▒├ come chat any time! ┤▒├ games, art, prizes, discussion...

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 17:41:54 )

Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight | Heartbreak Coffin x1 | Merlantis | Cancer | Virgo | Butterfly Kisses | Key to Heaven | Eclipse | Mother Anthropoda | Avian Misery | Falling Star

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Wildfire: sorta just started so okayish. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 17:42:56 )

"You've had too much of the digital love -

@Koah: I think most tablets would be compatible :0

You want everything live, you want things you can touch."

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 17:44:03 )
@0v7: oh thank you! <3 I'm glad you like my style! All those examples are pen (literally, a ball point pen) on sketch paper, then scanned in to the computer and maybe tweaked every so slightly digitally to clean up the contrast or something similar.

@Koah: I'm halfway down a similar rabbithole, investigating tablets. Yes, I understand about the pen versus tablet thing. For that kind of pricing, you might as well get a new tablet!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 17:46:05 )
@star2000shadow: it sounds like a slow day for you so far, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. :)

@koah: I agree. Corel should work with most tablets, I'd think... and visa versa.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 17:46:42 )

@Wildfire: I thought you used a fancy.. what are those pens called again. They're fancy pens - that's all I remember LOL
I love sketching/lining on paper, but coloring on paper.... not so much lol.
I have a few "scanned" art examples in my gallery, and as you can see it's only a few. >w>

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 17:47:02 )
@Wildfire: Yeah i Love crimebooks i read like 40 books a year xD i read the most of Karin slaughter and Catherine sheperd actual i read Karen Rose books :) do you like reading?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 17:48:34 )
@0v7: It's been so long! I can't find a reference to my O.C. I'm on a new-ish computer.
I might have to dig around other avi sites that I don't frequent anymore to find a reference. XD
It's been long enough that my photobucket is no longer accessible. lol.

HEHEHE.

I sent my husband a link to a tablet, he's been bugging me [nicely] about finding a new tablet. I enjoy art and he enjoys seeing me happy doing my hobbies.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 17:49:44 )

@Koah: Take your time!! A ref is the most useful bc I'm a visual person >w>
Also in the future, you could use imgur maybe :0

Also, GOOD!!! Which one are you thinking of getting??

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 17:53:33 )
@0v7: lol - the ballpoint pens? Fountain pens? Copic markers? Dip-pen and ink? I use all of those and several other types of pens too, but there's something just really nice about using your average grab-a-pen-off-the-desk ballpoint pen sometimes. And it always seems to surprise people ;) <3

@miss sandman: Yes, I love to read, actually. I tend to read fantasy, lighter-hearted stories these days, but I'll read just about anything if I'm in the mood for it. ;)

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 17:55:17 )
@Koah: My husband is the same way. It's nice to have that kind of support, isn't it?
Another option for image hosting (it's what I'm using for the stuff I do here) is Cloudinary. It's intended to be used on a corporate level, I think, but it's fine for what I'm doing with it.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 17:55:53 )

@Wildfire: Dip pens!!! Fountain pens too. Can you tell the cup of coffee I had this morning hasn't processed yet lol
It takes real talent to use a normal ballpoint pen - mine always smudges, so I use fine point sharpies.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 18:03:14 )
I found the "GAOMON PD1161" I wanted my next tablet to have a screen. The ratings for that tablet seemed good. :d and it's cheaper than what I've been finding.
I prefer paper, pencil and any pen within reach. I really enjoy my water-color pens/markers. and I dabbled with india ink for awhile. <3

- I switched from photobucket years ago and I've been using imgur. I lost access to my old images on photobucket.
@Wildfire: cloudinary?
My husband is super supportive. Especially right now, since I need to stay home with kids. I grow crazy sometimes. I was basically a work-a-holic up until about a year ago.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 18:06:07 )

@Koah: OHHHHH that's such a good tablet!! I wish I knew of it years ago QuQ

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 18:10:44 )
@0v7: LOL! Yay for coffee! XD
I ordered the H610. It will be here tomorrow according to Amazon.

@Koah: Yes, cloudinary. That was my reaction too, but it's an option. Look it up if you're looking for alternatives to imgur. I lost my access to photobucket years ago too when they started implementing the changes they did. It's been soooo long now!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 18:11:38 )

@Wildfire: I hope you like it as much as I did!!! I loved it a lot, took it everywhere with me.

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 18:11:40 )
@Wildfire: Oh i dont like Fantasy that much. Crime just feels like Home dir me :))

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 18:14:28 )
@0v7: lol - good to know! I'm sure it'll be great - especially for what I'll be using it for. Thanks again for the recommendation! :3

@Miss Sandman: I understand! And actually, now that I'm thinking about it a little more, I've been reading more "historical fiction" type things lately (almost steampunk style) but the book I'm currently reading is The Last Correspondent by Soraya M. Lane

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 18:17:42 )

Omg I'm so sleepy.... whyyy. I had coffee...

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 18:19:12 )
@Wildfire: Steampunk is interisting. Its pretty neat to draw.
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 18:19:48 )
I went on a rabbit hole looking for a reference pic. I might... have to re-draw my OC. =o
omg, I went through old chats, all of my accounts on avi sites. e.e'

I ended up finding neat-o old pics. but not my OC. XD

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.