Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day Event 2021 ┤▒├ Wild Sweet Treats

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 16:49:05 )
@Miss Sandman: so what kind of food does this food truck have?

@Koah: Oh yeah, I know that's a stressful situation too... we got screwed over with that kind of thing once upon a time too. You need to make sure they uphold their end of the deal :3 It sounds like it's resolved for now, though, so I'm happy for you for that! :3

I completely understand the needing a couple of days to let your nerves settle and kind of recenter yourself. Also, if you're that frazzled, you might consider making sure your magnesium and vitamin D levels are up, and doing something like taking Ashwanagandha /just a suggestion/

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 17:02:12 )
@Wildfire: I've never heard of Ashwagandha and now I'm googling that. =O This would have been super useful/helpful when I worked 2-3 jobs. lol
Oh this is interesting. I'm so surprised I've never heard of Ashwagandha. huh. I might need to buy it just to keep it on-hand for the future.
I'm not too wired up on anxiety, stress, depression. It's mild in comparison to most days. It's just a lot of big financial blows at once. The failed Trip, The truck, the Covid test-stuff, the Plumbing. We're out of money. :c
Anywho, once the roomies pay up, we'll be able to actually afford the septic piping fix. I'm tempted to go back to work, my husband had to convince me not to. >3<
I just need a couple of days to re-center and re-evaluate priorities. Get finances back on track.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 17:08:57 )

@Koah: Oh wow, well it's fun to experiment on new hobbies :3
Right now I'm really enjoying learning how to write cursive better, it just fuels my itch to write more lately hehe. Heck I prefer it than drawing at the moment lmao.

But usually writing and art is the hobbies that stick to me the most.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 17:22:13 )
@Purpsy: I thought about your last post to me, and how it was recommended to tilt your page when writing cursive. I'm a lefty and I remember being teased because I would tilt the paper 90-180 degrees to write in school. I still do it occasionally, depending on how fast I'm writing. The faster I write, the more the page tilts, the straighter my lines get. lol
I love that you're keeping up with cursive! I wanna see progress pics. :3 You gave us a pic last week, I believe. My sense of days is really flying out the window. I know it's Wednesday because my garbage got picked up today. lol!
OMG! I peaked in your "art Dump" Your art is Beautifully Adorable! I love it! <333

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 17:26:06 )

@Koah: It's a 'yay' thing. lol
      It's her birthday Friday and then Mother's Day Sunday, and my sister had yesterday, today, and tomorrow off.
      So it's a multiple win situation. lol

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 17:35:27 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Oh Awesome! Oh my gosh, I forgot about mother's day. e.e'
And YAY! You'll have an awesome week at mom's. <33
My older sis is living with my mom right now, so I don't plan on visiting them anytime soon. XD They're a couple of states away anyway. Hehe. I Do, However, need to call them both on Mother's day. c:

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 17:40:36 )

@Koah: Sibling struggles? But living a few states away is also a good excuse to not visit. lol

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 17:41:30 )

@Wildfire: No worries, I tend to get distracted or pulled away myself.
Yep, yep! Oh nice, I have done the one with just broccoli and added onion and garlic seasoning to it all.
Might be something I make tonight actually. -ponders-

Donator — PomePome Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 17:44:51 )
@Koah: Yeah thank you. Yeah its hard for her family. we have the Lockdown since november *rolls eyes* so many ppl are getting mentally and physically ill of it.....

@Wildfire: oh German and serbian food. Also some fastfood like burgers and fries :) its delicious. You ever tried German food?
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 17:55:13 )
@Anarchist Beauty: you could say that. Sibling struggles is a good phrase for our relationship. She's the only sister I have that I have issues with. xD Her way of life is super abrasive to my own, so we get along best at a distance. On a sibling note, I get to see my big brother in a couple weeks and I'm super stoked for that. C:

@Miss Sandman: oh man, I feel that. e.e' The restaurants around here took a stand and opened against state protocol, they all got fined 250+K for opening their doors against the governor's orders. :T One shut down for good, a few of the restaurants were able to afford the fines and kept open. It's wild.
I do live in a country town though. It's a different mentality than city areas.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 18:18:10 )

@Koah: I hear multiple siblings is a pain in the ass to deal with.
      My best friends sisters treat her like crap sometimes and I'm like...
      I will fight all three of you bc my best friend is worth all three of you combined, times thirty.
      My only sibling issues come from my step-siblings.
      My mom's fiancé has three kids and they're all irritating, I can't stand 'em. lmao

But being excited for siblings!
      I relate to that, I love my little sister the most.
      I go out to my mom's to see her more than anyone else. lol

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 18:59:56 )
@Anarchist Beauty: I have many, many siblings. I got 2 step-brothers. and they're odd. We get along because I grew up with them, but we don't have the closeness of siblings.
I am the youngest, so I got lucky and was spoiled endlessly. lol I had a really, really bad experience recently and my mom asked if she could help somehow and I was like "Haha, send me money -sarcasm mind you-" and I woke up with money in my account even though my sister paid for my bad experience and deserved the money more. XD I sent my sister the money. BUT to be fair, I'm almost 30 and I'm really close to both my parents still, and my step-dad.
Many siblings [as the youngest] was a blessing. However, my 3 eldest siblings would say differently.
Do you have the one sister?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 19:00:02 )

@Koah: I'm a lefty too! :3
My dad mention that there's someone in his family that handwrite so well and slant normal despite being lefty too. Just the thought of her write like that and twisting her wrist when she writes sound painful. And I can give pics but I didn't do any cursive practice yet.

I'm slowly getting better but is still hard write slanted =w=

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 19:05:36 )

@Koah: Oh, this just turned into a war. lmao
      You're the baby, I'm the oldest.
      Even with the step siblings, I'm the oldest. lol
      It's hell.
      But yeah, I just have the one blood sister, and three step siblings.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 19:18:42 )

Silence, the White Mage is now speaking.

@Wildfire: was up late due to noises
have several art things to finish for people hopefully by end of this or next week
how about you?

I am not an actual NPC.

please @ me

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 20:07:23 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

i totally didn't forget about the event for a few days

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website] | [Twitter] | [Instagram] | [Tumblr]

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 20:10:55 )
@Purpsy: Your cursive did improve since the last picture!
*Lefty High Five!* lol, My mom tried and failed to make me be a righty.
Do you have a ball-point pen? Or felt pen? The ink flows more freely with those. I think it would improve your cursive. <3

@Anarchist Beauty: Lmao! Bring it. I was the baby in a 9 children household. Well I mean, they divorced, but that's beside the point. I still grew up in a 5 child house.
I take it the oldest holds the most responsibility for leading behavior examples. lol So you get B--ched at the most by the parents. XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 20:40:58 )

@Koah: Thanks~ Yeah and I'm writing a bit faster now too.
Ball-point I had this one for quite awhile. Same here! Well my mom planned too but my dad talked her out of it lmao.
I never knew is such a big deal until a few of my classmates and friends noticed it hahaha

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 20:43:48 )
Ooops... had to bring our truck in for round#3 of servicing/trying to get things fixed. Hopefully this will be the end of things until it needs an oil change :3

@Koah: yeah, I like Ashwagandha - it seems to help me with the stress. I understand about the big financial hits... they seem to come all at the same time too! I hope the roomies pay up real soon and you can regain your fiscal balance! <3

@Purpsy: Hello. how are you? I'm glad your cursive practice seems to be paying off! It's cool that you've decided to pursue that and then do such a good job of sticking with it! :3

@Anarchist Beauty: Oh, that sounds like a wonderful mother's day / birthday! I should go visit my mom soon... it has been too long!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 20:44:04 )

@dragoness129: Yeah, it happens - especially when you have kids vying for your attention! I love doing the sheetpan meals - they're so convenient and easy and versatile! It sounds like I may have inspired your dinner plans for tonight! <3

@Miss Sandman: Yes, I've had some German food before, but it has been quite some time. It sounds like quite the mix though - burger and fries with German and Servian food?!

@Vixen: Oh no - being up late because of other people is annoying. Of course, being kept up late for almost any reason can be annoying. I hope you get some good rest tonight :3 I had to run an errand earlier, and now, I'm just going to relax for a little while - maybe draw... dunno.

@MoodyB: LOL! <3 But you came back!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.