Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 14:39:28 )

@Aisukohi: I had to go out yesterday... it was scorching hot geez x.x
At least I least I have ice cream on my freezer now.

How are you doing today? :3

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 14:39:46 )

See supporting locals is something I'm all for, even when it gets pricey. Lol I just bought home-made soap at the convention to support a local-ish vendor. And commissioned a friend for my partial fursuit.
But this was really shitty vendor food you get at like a high school football game. A cheeseburger that was nothing but buns, meat, and cheese was 6 dollars.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 14:49:10 )
@Purpsy: Ohnoes! Well, ice cream is always a plus. xD What flavor? And I'm doing okay. I need coffee, but waiting for fiance to get back from the gym so we can decide what to do for breakfast lol.

AMA: Yuck! Well, if you ever decide to go to that con again, at least you'll know maybe to eat before going? Are you adding more pieces to your suit?

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 15:03:24 )

@Another Movie Addict: Plus there's people with medical conditions, too (and sometimes they're also wearing heavy cosplay--I can think of at least two people off the top of my head that would put themselves through absolute hell for the fun of dressing up). That's just ludicrous and dangerous. I don't think I'd be going back. :/

Funny you should mention camel backs; I just got my first one a couple weeks ago! It's rainbow, because I see a rainbow and I'm drawn to it (it's actually part of Spencer's Gifts' Pride collection this year!). I'm hoping it'll help encourage me to go out and walk/explore my area more. I have this awesome walking path nearby but I've been putting off really exploring it much.

@Aisukohi: Thanks! And yeah, like I said, I wouldn't want to go back after an incident like that.

That said, man, I miss conventions. I haven't been to any in several years now; I used to live in Los Angeles so I got to go to all sorts of cool conventions and events, but I've since moved around a couple times and now I'm in Florida, with no local friends, or at least none that share my interests. I'm even friends--for a good few years now--with multiple of the artists that frequent the West Coast conventions. I miss Wondercon!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 15:06:56 )

@Aisukohi: Normal chocolate and they have a new Chips Ahoy ice cream ver. which I'm upset because there's no cookie dough on them e.e I love my cookie dough on my ice creams or brownie chunks...

I see :3 I feel like time is slow today, but then again I woke up at 7

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 15:11:24 )
Good morning! I slept in because I didn't sleep most of the night... ugh. But I'm here now!
Now to try catching up to the conversation! <3

@Vixen: I see the cricut as a way to help me produce more customized artwork faster. And it's just fun so far. :3

@Aisukohi: let's hope the weather is kind to us this year when the storms start kicking up. :3

@another movie addict: what was the reason for the convention folks to ban the water bottles (other than to force you in to buying their water)?

@CooperationIsKey: Hello! Welcome to my crazy thread :3

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 15:14:13 )

@Wildfire: Hiya, thank you! :D As you may have noticed from my previous post, I can be quite a chatterbox once I get started, lol.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 15:14:13 )
@Purpsy: Hello. How are you doing today so far?

@CooperationIsKey: Oh! Another Floridian! Which part of the state are you in? Several of us chatting are in or from Florida :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 15:14:48 )
@CooperationIsKey: LOL - it's good! You'll be earning a lot of volts that way! ;)

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 15:18:10 )
@CooperationIsKey: Wow, it must have been expensive living out there, but also fun! And hey, another Floridian! Wildfire is one too, as well as myself lol. Welcome to the club! xD

@Purpsy: Can't go wrong with chocolate, but omg, that sounds like a huge missed opportunity with the absence of cookie dough!! I bought some vanilla ice cream the other day, but didn't eat it because I was too full after dinner. xD But when I DO get around to it, I've got hot fudge to go on top!

@Wildfire: Aw, sorry you didn't sleep much last night!! Hope you can get plenty of caffeine!

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 15:21:01 )

@Wildfire: Central, on the Gulf side! On the one hand, I'm happy to be close to family (I have a lot here, and I was born here), and it's neat that pretty much everything seems to grow here, but on the other hand, I really do miss Los Angeles. There was always something going on, something to do out there. But for now, this is home. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And yes, Volts, must create all the outfits!

Unrelated to anything but good lord the emojis on this site are SO cute!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 15:24:32 )
@Aisukohi: Yeah, thanks. I was up from around 3 to 6am, but fortunately slept from about 6:30-9 or so. I should at least be functional today. :3
How are you doing? Do you have anything planned for today? Did I see you mention something about avoiding the rain (that came through here last night)?

@CooperationIsKey: Oh! You're near me, then!
There's always stuff to do here too, but it tends to be outside things XD ... or theme parks.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 15:25:04 )

@Aisukohi: I loved it, but truthfully I really was only able to make it work because I was living with a friend. Also hello, fellow Floridian!

Side note on ice cream: Blue Bell has this stuff called "Cookie Two Step" that's essentially their amazing Cookies and Cream with chunks of cookie dough mixed into it. It's kinda my new favorite.

Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 15:29:17 )
@CooperationIsKey: so how did you find Voltra? Are you enjoying it so far? Your avi is super cute btw - especially for a newbie av! :3

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 15:30:40 )

@Aisukohi: I actually spoke to some of the people involved with the convention, and did mention that the water situation wasn't ideal. So hopefully that's something they'll take into consideration for next time. Eventually I plan on adding armor pieces to my fursuit outfit thing. My fursona is based on my dnd character who is a Tabaxi bardlock. So she'll need potion bottles, some kind of instrument, armor, ect ect.
@CooperationIsKey: Man I haven't gone exploring in so very long. Mostly 'cause Florida gets fucking hot, and nowadays I don't really have the time or means for it anymore. I used to love exploring abandoned places. Like getting into an abandoned asylum we had in town, before it was torn down for an apartment complex.
@Wildfire: It's not really a water ban, as much as a I don't bring your own booze ban. Even though they sell booze at the damn venue. But it's also to keep out like drugs and shit. Though one of the security guards checking my bags were made a joke that I wasn't hiding vodka in my suit head.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 15:33:49 )
@Another Movie Addict: so were they allowing sealed water bottles in? Or checking your fursuit for places to keep illicit things?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 15:36:34 )

They straight up took my sealed water bottle, and threw it away. But totally allowed my nurti-grain bar as long as I kept it in my purse. But they checked everything.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 15:38:12 )
AMA - that seems inconsistent. :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 15:38:37 )
@Wildfire: Well I hope if you need a nap, you're able to get one lol. I was going to try to get rid of some of my clothes to make moving a little easier, but one of our tub faucets just came off, so gotta go get caulk for that. Also gotta get more socks for work because for some reason, most of the pairs I had have disappeared.

@CooperationIsKey: Oh that makes sense. I'm funny when it comes to cookies and cream anything, but I'm a sucker for cookie dough lol. So that might be a liiiittle much for me.

@Another Movie Addict: I'm glad someone acknowledges that they could use improvement there. Also that sounds like a neat suit! I've only played DnD twice now, but I'm interested in learning more about the character types and making more to play with. For now, I have just my first character, who's a homebrew drow alchemist.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 15:41:10 )

@Wildfire: It really is.

@Aisukohi: Uni is a character that I've attached to me the most out of the hundreds of characters I've created for various reasons. She was an orphan that two dwarves found washed up on the beach. She was maybe 4 or 5 and couldn't remember anything before she was found. They named her Unicorn Clearwater, because they're weird. And she is the very rare asexual bard.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.