Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/25 17:00:08 )

@Wildfire: Mildly slacking then eue
At least my day started productive. Just got back from a morning walk.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/25 19:23:07 )
@Purpsy: Hey Purpsy - I'm glad you had a productive, walking, morning! I went for a walk too... two of them, actually

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/25 20:51:54 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: have had rough 2 weeks so not great
but slowly feeling a bit better.
hbu?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/25 21:56:29 )
@MoodyB: oh, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad things are getting better, but... is everything ok?
Things have been overally good, but a little on the hit-or-miss side of things in RL lately - it's hard to anticipate what's going on, plan things, etc. because half the time, all we can do is react to something unexpected beaning us on the side of the head (so to speak). But mostly everything is good. Thanks for asking.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/25 22:05:39 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: not really. but some days are better than others.

my mom had passed away on the 13th of this month So its still very difficult to accept and i havent been able to do much recently including art so I've been very quiet and unsure what to do.

unexpected things always hard to manage.
but glad to hear everything is good otherwise : tea:

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/25 23:16:26 )
@MoodyB: oh, I'm so very sorry to hear that. That's rough. :( It will take some time to adjust to that reality, and it's completely understandable that doing art, etc., is difficult for you right now. Do you need to vent or anything?

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/25 23:29:06 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: No not really. i ended up being reassured when it happened.
My aunt who lives close by was very comforting.

I guess even after a week..it just does not really feel real and some days
it just hits harder.
I was very close to my mom. she was more like a best friend to me.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/25 23:44:05 )
@MoodyB: I'm glad your aunt is able to be there and offer you some comfort. I know you've been having a hard time dealing with the situation with your mom even before she passed away.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/25 23:55:04 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: yeah. the last time i saw her was just...very difficult because her health declined quite fast.
and a week later she did pass. But my dad was there and my aunt and my grandma.
i was not there as they ended up calling my dad at 4:30am as they did not think she had very long.

We've gotten a lot of support from my dad's friends. Like home cooked meals, or meals that just require cooking them in the oven.
so that helped a lot so we wouldn't stress about dinner.

tho i am kind of iffy that my other two aunts..only sent a text in the group chat
but never called my dad.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/26 00:00:29 )
@MoodyB: oh wow - it sounds like things happened very quickly! In some ways, that's a good thing in that she didn't suffer for long. In other ways, it doesn't give the family much time to prepare, and can be quite jarring. It sounds like your family is fractured and uncertain about how to deal with it ... or at least those two aunts are - sending a note through group chat just isn't enough -it's not right- for a situation like death, imo. But I'm glad that you have some family there supporting you guys during this time. And real meals that you don't have to shop for, prepare and then cook is a biiiiig bonus <3

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/26 00:05:51 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: yeah when i saw her i just bursted out in tears cause it was scary to see her like that.
she was basically almost like in a coma due to she had her pain meds up so she can be comfortable.
so she was not very responsive.

yeah. Like i get grief is indeed different for everyone...but they just seemed to like...are too busy going kayaking and such.
and just too busy with their lives to pick up a phone.
But my cousin's wife visited us, i see her as a very close friend...and we ended up talking for like...3 hours LOL.
she gave us some food she made us and it was very nice seeing her.
she even offered to help me make stickers as she has the machine i was saving up for and she thought she would use it but ended up hating making crafts with it.

for real. one of my dad's friend's she bought us fried chicken.
it was very yummy.
so it's nice to be getting some support.

my body lately just hurts due to my oversleeping. so i have no clue if i should fix my schedule or just...sleep since it's very hard right now.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/26 00:16:22 )
@MoodyB: That's tough, seeing a loved one so drugged up like that and knowing they're like that because they're in pain. I'm sorry you had to see your mom like that. :(

oh wow - honestly, it sounds like those aunts are either in complete denial or they've come to terms with your mom's passing (which is possible, given that she has been ill for some time - but even with that, the shock of death can be substantial!) Maybe the grief will hit them later.

Were you saving for a cricut or something similar? I'm glad your cousin's wife could spend some time with you and it sounds like you played with the machine for a bit? How did you like it?

The sleeping issue is a tough call - one of the ways a body and mind deals with grief is through sleep and rest. We need it to process the trauma we experience. But too much sleep can only make things worse by separating us from other people... However, it has only been a little more than a week. Right now, I would give yourself permission to sleep if that's what you need...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/26 00:17:59 )

@Wildfire: Nice! :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/26 00:19:31 )
@Purpsy: ... the two walks? Yeah. It was good. We walked the dogs on one, then me & hubby went to a local park and walked around a lake. :)
How has your day been?

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/26 00:23:16 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: yeah it was. Back when she first had her stroke she was in the same kind of condition. Under a lot of medication. so it kind of hit me that it reminded me when she first had her stroke.
I am sorta glad i did not see her pass as i think it would've destroyed me. But i can't imagine what my dad had to see.

Yeah it could get to them later. But they've always kind of been the type more concerned with themselves. never call us. we have to call them. so i am just..not sure about them.

Yes. I wanted to eventually get a cricut. But i was unsure just because i don't have the least bit of room for one. especially near my desk area. Which is very small. She bought one thinking fun paper crafts would be fun during quarantine but she didn't like it LOL. so she offered "i can make stickers for you.." and i am like "oh wow that's so nice.." XD tho i can't jump on that offer yet just because all my shipping supplies for my etsy is pricey and i want to be able to pay her back for helping me. I haven't yet been able to go to her place to use it as she was in New Mexico visiting her brother and she had a rough week so i don't want to impose on her.

Yeah. I've been feeling so bad because i sleep into nearly 2pm. but my body has been so drained from processing everything. and i told my dad i felt guilty and he just told me to get rest and not worry about it for now.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/26 00:24:45 )

@Wildfire: It was semi-productive but by the time around after my lunch well... I don't want to get up now xD
But that sounds like a very nice refreshing walk.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/26 00:35:18 )
@MoodyB: Then I'm glad you didn't have to witness her passing.

Your aunts... don't worry about them - they are not your concern right now, especially since they don't seem to want to connect with the rest of the family, etc. She was your MOM. That is a very special bond that is stronger, IMO, than sibling relationships (but that could just be me and my family relationships too - hard to tell sometimes). Take care of yourself. If they need family support at some point, maybe they'll reach out. But it doesn't sound like it from what you're saying...

That's nice of your cousin's wife to want to share that with you. I have a cricut joy and it has been a fun little thing to play with but I haven't been able to really explore some of the options yet, but it will come in handy for some of the projects I have in mind... IF I ever manage to get to working on them. I can see where having a cricut wouldn't be for everyone, though.

Yes, just rest, process, recover. You have been dealt a major blow. Your mind and body need time (and rest) to recover... <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/26 00:36:39 )
@Purpsy: lol - so you took a nap after lunch? Sometimes that's what the body needs!
Yes, it was nice. It was still hot, but it was more comfortable than it has been. It's still in the 90s here. I walked about 5 miles today XD

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/26 00:40:16 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: Yeah. very true. not my concern right now. So for now i am just blocking them from my head.
and focusing on other stuff like my health and maybe get back into some drawing.
I don't think they'll reach out. But i am happy my other aunt who lives near us does. I prefer hanging out with her anyways lol.

I know a ton of artists who use cricuts for stickers, prints and post cards.
so i mostly want to do that for my etsy. Tho i am not yet jumping on it since not just shipping supplies but i don't have a good following
that people will purchase what i make. but i am glad it is an option at least.

definitely. tho i started watching a new show recently so i enjoyed that. past couple of weeks i was on a game binging week lol.
but i may soon feel better to do some light projects for art.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website] | [Twitter] | [Instagram] | [Tumblr]

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/26 00:43:33 )
@MoodyB: Do whatever you find comfort in doing right now. If that's art, then great. If that's reading a book or playing a video game, or taking a nap... great!! This is so soon after losing your mom... give yourself permission to just BE and relax and process! :3 <3

Yes, the Joy seems to have a lot of fun little options. I really should spend more time exploring them!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.