Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/5 17:05:17 )

@Wildfire: Take your time :3

@Koah: *pats your shoulder*
So who gets first pick on music? I smell war brewing lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/5 17:25:11 )
@Koah: lol... yes, armadillo. We have all kinds of animals around here, including bobcats (I saw one a couple weeks ago), wild FL turkeys, raccoons, coyote, owls, turtles, tortoises, alligators, deer, squirrels, flamingos, roseate spoonbills, sandhill cranes, etc. - we don't have marmots, though... at least not that I'm aware of.

lol at your neighborhood "skunk" XD

@Purpsy: lol. Thanks. I just did one little task... I think I'm going to go try a bread recipe now... it shouldn't be too long to do but I haven't done this one before, so...???

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/5 17:28:58 )

@Wildfire: Ooh what kind of bread are you baking?
Well I hope it will turn out okay *crosses fingers*

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/5 17:31:46 )
It's a type of peasant bread. I'm curious to see how it comes out... if it comes out.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/5 17:33:57 )

@Wildfire: It will come out
It will come out into a beautiful scrumptious bread :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/5 17:36:44 )
@Purpsy: lmao, you nailed that war starter.
I need to come up with a good audiobook or something. My husband is going to try and claim the stereo. >3<

@Wildfire: omg. Your wildlife makes me nervous. lol! I'm used to mountain life, moose, bear, elk, wolf, coyote... etc. I know how to avoid/handle those. But Alligator?! no thank yoooou.
I almost hit a crane once in my little car on a mountain road and I might've peed my pants a little. They ARE HUGE. Took up my whole windshield. Life flashed before my eyes... Then its massive wings got some air and it sailed over my car.. so close. o_o'

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/5 17:41:33 )

@Koah: Ommg so the stories are true x'D
Don't forget snacks and plenty of bottled water or drinks.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/5 17:44:00 )
@Purpsy: Road trips with my husband is more of a headache than my kids. He loves listening to podcasts and stuff like that. e.e
I'm the primary driver in our relationship, his stuff makes me go crazy. Especially if I'm driving in a city and need to concentrate.
My kids are just loud. They play and occasionally complain.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/5 17:49:25 )

@Koah: Yikes. You'll get through this.
Is just a three hour drive and maybe listening to your own stuff will help.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/5 18:00:32 )
@Purpsy: lol yessum. <3 My trip is tomorrow. So for today, I just need to focus on stuff so I don't think about tomorrow much.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/5 18:01:47 )

@Koah: Yepp
Btw I love your hair :o

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/5 18:06:36 )
@Purpsy: I don't know why I flipped my RL hair. lmao!
my Avi is wearing the new Her Majesty hair item. :3
I love your avi completely! It's so pretty and sparkly!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/5 18:13:42 )

@Koah: I would do if I have that hair x'D
Thanks and your quite sparkly yourself too~

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/5 18:33:42 )
@Purpsy: lol. Thank you Purpsy. We'll see. Right now, I'm not really confident, tbh. It's one of those "dry" breads (with very little liquid) and how it becomes dough, with such little amounts of binder ingredients... well, I'm not patient, so I usually end up adding water or something and that always seems to throw off the dough, and... *breathes deeply*... I dunno. I appreciate the support and enthusiasm though <3

@Koah: We are surrounded by a nature preserve, so that's part of the wildlife that we see... but the alligators are just part of Florida. There are definitely some throwbacks to prehistory here (you should see some of the turtles - lol!) Yes, the sandhill cranes are almost as big as I am - I wouldn't want to hit one (or come close to hitting one). And, I think they're endangered too...

Donator — buckaroo Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/5 19:26:16 )

Morning ! The weather today is sooo misty and foggy and it’s making me so happy.
We don’t really get ANY weather here in California so the fact that I woke up to a drastically different sky is pretty exciting :’)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/5 19:37:50 )
@icedchai: Congratulations! This is something I understand, and am currently enjoying too (I'm in Florida, "the sunshine state")... and it is raining all day today! It's quite a nice change of pace. So what are you going to do with your foggy day?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/5 20:01:38 )

@Wildfire: Hey it's just your first time baking it right? Don't sweat too much about the mistakes. Heck sometimes you need to make those mistakes to learn. You got this~

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/5 20:04:41 )
@Purpsy: Yes, my first time with this recipe and I'm not much of a baker to begin with. You make a good point or two - thank you <3 I will keep trying and learning :3 <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/5 20:59:11 )
@Totalanimefan: Hey Total. I'm doing fine, thanks - had a busy and productive day today, despite the rain, and now, my energy is dropping off and I want to curl up and take a nap (but if I do that, I definitely won't sleep tonight, so that's not an option). Maybe I'll put something on TV and try not to doze off XD

How are you doing? How has your day been?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/6 10:52:40 )
@Totalanimefan: What do you have going on this week that has you so stressed? Whatever it is, I'm sure you're up to the challenge, but I'm sorry to hear you're stressed right now. :(

Good morning. It's another early morning for me for some reason. Let's see what today has in store!

*puts out Saturday morning snacks*

Oh! Reminder - it's time to turn the clocks back an hour tonight (if your area does this silly ritual) XD

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.