Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts 〰 Cult of the Worm 〰

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 3 months ago ( 2024/06/24 19:16:07 )
Good grief I'm bad at remembering to reply to things T_T

@Ruby: I made a St Paddy's avi and I think I forgot to actually equip it for the day xD I forget if I worked on something easter now...sooooo Dino xD

Although it's June and pride month and I should rainbow again! Why do I always think of these things like 5 days before the month is over...

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 3 months ago ( 2024/06/24 19:17:15 )
@toe: Hallo new friend! Things are entirely too quiet around here and I'm sorry we didn't reply sooner!

Your avi is looking awesome, can't wait to see what you've got lined up for Halloween ^^

Artist Posted 3 months ago ( 2024/06/25 00:03:13 )
@Alchemists Fire: cuz months go by too fast xD

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 3 months ago ( 2024/06/25 00:54:46 )
@Ruby: Too true, too true!
I don't know where the last week went, let alone the last month. How is June almost over already. Don't like. Stopit.

My parents weren't supposed to be right about time going by in a flash as you get older!

Artist Posted 3 months ago ( 2024/06/26 14:54:55 )
@Alchemists Fire: for real wtf is this YEARS going by in a flash bs lol

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 3 months ago ( 2024/06/26 20:31:01 )
@Ruby: Right? It's no wonder 2020-2023 basically felt like a single year they just went by so fast

Also, there's like 4 days left of June, do I still make a rainbow/pride avi?

Artist Posted 3 months ago ( 2024/06/27 16:58:24 )
@Alchemists Fire: idk, do you still want to? Lol
I still love my avi so I’m not changing for a while xD

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 3 months ago ( 2024/06/27 17:29:05 )
@Ruby: I mean I do love rainbows and it's a good excuse to rock some rainbows
Maybe I'll do a pastel one cause Juniper loves pastel and then I can do rainbow without specifically doing pride?

I might also just go full ham and do a completely rainbow avi just because rainbows xD

Artist Posted 3 months ago ( 2024/06/28 09:37:10 )
@Alchemists Fire: rainbows are amazing xD

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 3 months ago ( 2024/06/29 04:20:43 )
@Ruby: Maybe I should make a rainbow avi to wear just for the helluvit? And I mean, totally on brand for the thread too xD

Artist Posted 3 months ago ( 2024/06/29 22:30:02 )
@Alchemists Fire: rainbow is definitely on brand xD

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 3 months ago ( 2024/07/2 18:09:27 )
@Ruby: It is, and I like on-brand xD
After our chat last night I'm really wishing we had a "dream avi creator", cause I have an idea for a rainbow avi but I'm not sure how to set it up and see if everything is gonna look right together xD
Thankfully I just wanna try commons, so I might be able to work something out

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 months ago ( 2024/07/3 16:18:04 )
@Ruby: So I didn't go rainbow (this time), but lookit how cute Grey is!!
Thank you so much for all your help putting him together ♥

Artist Posted 2 months ago ( 2024/07/4 03:47:35 )
@Alchemists Fire: he’s adorable!! Great look :3

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 months ago ( 2024/07/5 00:44:10 )
@Ruby: Thank you! I love him so much, he came together so well!!
Couldn't have done it without you, boo ♥

Voltie — Mayor Posted 2 months ago ( 2024/07/10 16:27:29 )
*wiggles* Hello friends

Donator — he/him/theirs Posted 2 months ago ( 2024/07/17 18:30:39 )
@Alchemists Fire: shucks I sure am all over the place and have been so MIA - what up fellow worm supporter hope you are having an awesome day!!
I wanna keep collecting stuff but seems like there's maybe been a lull in newer cosmetics rolling out - though lordy knows how many from years past I could theoretically collect/pine after... lol

also live laugh love @Roy

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 months ago ( 2024/07/17 22:41:40 )
@toe: All good, it happens =) I love your very brightly coloured avi! Neons make me happyyyy!
I'm at work (boo), but have plans with a friend afterwards and I'm very excited! We're going to see Star Trek (the first Chris Pine one) but with a live orchestra! Super-stoked.

I'm also really excited because I just bought my first cross stitch pattern and I'm going to go buy my floss colours tonight. I'm so excited to start, cause it's basically IRL pixel art ♥

There's SO many older items I pine for, kinda sucks things are so quiet and it makes it hard to exchange for things, but that doesn't some be from drooling over the Item Museum xD
Thankfully we also have a lot of really great commons, so I'm trying to build a bunch of avis just using those too

Donator — he/him/theirs Posted 2 months ago ( 2024/07/18 00:43:09 )
@Alchemists Fire: thank you so much!! I also love neons they make me happy, especially orange and green.

Hot diggity that sounds so awesome, I bet it will be a ton of fun!! My partner and I went to something similar a few months ago, it was a Harry Potter movie with a live orchestra. I've always been a music person and had always wanted to see a live orchestra so it was a neat way to realize the dream, even though I'm not as into Harry Potter as I used to be (and was never a big fanatic anyhow - but it is nostalgic).

Honestly that is a really cool idea and very true that it's pretty much pixel art irl!! Back in middle school we had one random cross stitching day in class and I remember it was real fun, but never tried it beyond that. Where did you get the pattern from?

You're super right about the commons, I've gotta dedicate a day to buying a bunch more of those! Challenge to self: next time I change my avatar, I'll try to make a cool commons-only one... I give you inspiration credit :)

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 months ago ( 2024/07/18 17:38:15 )
@toe: You're very welcome!! Neons make me happy, especially when I can contrast them with black, haha. I'm a SUCKER for contrast stitching ♥
My favourite colours are black, purple, and lime/neon green (so Voltra's Coal, Eggplant, and Lime), so your avi makes me VERY happy xDD

That's exactly the kinda thing it was, movie with a live orchestra! Ahhh, it was so much fun! I loved every second of it! We had pretty decent seats, but I couldn't see the brass or woodwinds behind all the strings (so many violins, haha). I think next time I might wanna get a balcony seat, or actually be further back and a little higher up.
I wanna go again so bad, I think they're doing Star Wars episode 5 in October, and sounds like Harry Potter #1 in April. I'd love to see Pirates of the Caribbean or Lord of the Rings in this format too =O

You got to do cross stitching in school?! That's so awesome, I wish I'd got a random cross stitching day =(
I did get to learn how to make chainmaille in a jewellery class in high school though, so I can't complain!

I got a couple of rainbow patterns off Etsy, for like $5 or less. I wanted to start with something I love that's on the simpler side (so I don't get frustrated and am less likely to make mistakes). I'm sure I could've pixelled a rainbow and made my own, but I figured it'd be smart to go a pattern someone had already worked out, they've already selected the colours and provided stats for what colours and how much floss, etc. Take the guesswork out, ya know?

I'm excited to have someone to post with, cause I'm basically just like "must earn Volts for commons" one-track-mind. I can't wait to see your super-commons avi! ♥
Currently dressed as: Grey

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.