Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 18:05:37 )
Decided to make an account. You might recognize my username from a few other avatar communities.

I'm a 24 yr old youth worker at a non-profit youth club during the school year and youth worker at a non-profit camp during the summer. I've been working with kids for four years.

I prefer they/them/they.

I'm a writer, photographer, illustrator and recently got into both crafting and painting. I play Dungeons and Dragons and started to build a village for it.

I play video games, recently got into poetry ( specifically Button Poetry ) and love music. I enjoy gardening and have a plant family.

I can't think of anything else but heeeey. Talk to me to get to know me more. I look forward to being a part of this community!

Donator — He Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 18:08:05 )
Hi there, welcome to voltra..
Hope you like it here :)

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 18:08:58 )

Hello and welcome to Voltra!

Admin — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 18:17:05 )
@nyreen: Welcome to Voltra! :vanora_smile:
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator — Puzzling Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 18:21:40 )

Hi! Welcome to Voltra ^^ If you need any help at all, feel free to ask away!

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 18:30:27 )
Thank you everyone!

Donator — Puzzling Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 18:39:34 )

@nyreen: So what other avatar communities are you from, if I may be so bold as to ask? lol More of a curiosity thing, as I don't frequent other avatar websites (Except when Ernya was still a thing)

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 19:05:57 )
@Miss Kitty: I remember you from Ernya. Right now I'm on Caedon and Trisphee.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 19:17:17 )
Yaaaaay I'm no longer the newest newbie! Welcome to the site! I've only been here a few days but I really love it so far! I'd like to work with youth but don't have any kind of experience or opportunity, as far as I've seen, but one day I'd like to be a teacher. I love D&D too but haven't been able to play in awhile. we should have a voltra D&D campaign

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 19:35:40 )
@keef: I got experience by working as a camp counselor. Surprisingly a lot of camps will hire folks without experience. I've been working there for four summers this year! Because of my work there I was able to get hired at a youth club without any education. I'm going back to school but yeah. Try to see if any camps are hiring around you!

A Voltra D&D session would be super fun!

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 19:38:23 )
@nyreen: That's really cool! Maybe I'll look for something this summer!

Yeah I've seen several people around the site talking about D&D. I know there's programs for doing it online via Skype and Discord and stuff like that, but haven't tried it myself. do people even still use skype or am i dating myself lol

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 19:59:42 )
@keef: I have both Skype and Discord. I've used Skype more! We could make a thread for this, create a Discord group ( is that how it works? Can't remember since it's been a while ) and try to organize a group of 5.
call me grem
they/them

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 20:28:06 )
@nyreen: Honestly I've never used Discord but I'd be down to make an account. I'd say yes to this, but my work schedule is really whack right now so I don't know that I'd be able to commit to a regular meeting/game time or anything like that D:
But I think it's a really good idea !

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 21:36:35 )
Welcome to Voltra~ You sound like a mindful, positive addition to the community. c:

What the heck is button poetry??

@keef: i second voltra dnd

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 22:22:38 )
@Eruca: well heck that's half a party right there. i'm gonna apply to a steadier job tonight and honestly if i get any kind of regular schedule I'd absolutely be down. i love d&d and haven't played in so long :vanora_cry:

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 22:33:18 )
Hey there, nice to meet you fellow writer and all-around artsy fartsy person o3o I love what you do (working with kids, to me, is awesome) and am intrigued by your arts. What is building a village for D&D though? I'm pretty new to that in general myself. Doing a campaign with friends as a dead pirate crew. :'D

Also... What's button poetry? Please give me great details on it because I may need to write about it for work (It's National Poetry Month and I work at a literary magazine... Though I'm mostly an editor, I've been writing about forms of poetry and stuff for the month all last month and would love to do more as I learn of more like this~!)

What do you like to write in general? And take photos of? And draw? Basically... Tell me all about your art. I'll learn about you through it too I'm sure! o3o Have you always been artsy?

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 22:51:03 )
@Juneberry: just chiming in to say that's an awesome job and i'm happy for you
previously keef with a k

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 22:59:53 )
NYREEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Art Dump | Art Shop | Toyhou.se

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 23:12:45 )
@keef: it's a plan!
Ping me

Donator — Puzzling Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 01:23:49 )

@nyreen: Oh neat! Did you still have the same username or was it something different?

|

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.