Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts The sanctuary

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 21:01:01 )

@Another Movie Addict: I believe the entire build up with the potential army was wasted when Spike ended up taking out all the ubervamps with the amulet.

Then there was Willow and Kennedy. I recently read a comment somewhere that fans were pretty pissed off that the writers moved Willow on to another relationship so soon after Tara's death.

Spike's spotlighting as a rapist turned victim and hero was also quite unpopular.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 21:03:08 )

@Angelus: That rape shit never should've happened. Joss Whedon wanted people to stop liking Spike, and to like Angel. Sole reason for doing that little bit of stupid. Why not let Spike continue on a redemption path without that? Willow is a piece of shit, and gets so much worse in the comics.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 21:05:17 )
aaAAAAA
i cant wait to finish watching this playthrough :)))))))))))
i cant stand this person and i wish i just went ahead and bought the game myself
9000/48000 volts!
PING me :vanora_smile:
Some sick dungeon beats
i want to rp! (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 21:13:23 )

@Another Movie Addict: Interesting, I didn't realize Spike's character had been manipulated to encourage more attention to Angel.
Personally, I didn't require another character to look bad in comparison. I've always preferred Angel. Or can't you tell? :vanora_smirk:

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 21:15:11 )

@Angelus: Spike's character got manipulated mostly, because we weren't supposed to ever like him for any reason. So they had to remind us he wasn't a good guy. But like...neither was Angel before he got his soul back.

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 21:21:12 )

@Another Movie Addict: True, Angelus was worse than Spike.
Although it's never implied that he was a rapist on top of a torturer, he no doubt was considering his human past as a manwhore.
Cordy/Angel fanfics capture that so beautifully.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 21:24:37 )

@Angelus: To me it was implied that Angelus probably was based on what he did to the crazy chick, what was her name, Drusilla. Spike was never a rapist until season 6 and 7 when they forced that back story on him so we'd stop liking him.

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 21:33:41 )

@Another Movie Addict: Correct Drusilla was Angelus's first childe whom he drove mad before he turned her.
I don't recall the backstory as told on the show but Drusilla's Wikia article doesn't say that he raped her but that he screwed Darla in front of her just before turning her.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 21:35:42 )

@Angelus: That's not any better though. Which brings me to my main point. Why are we supposed to hate Spike so much, and sympathize with Angel?

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 21:38:51 )

@Another Movie Addict: Perhaps it does make some semblance of sense because the whole vampire with a soul seeking redemption angle was preferred to be a one-vampire angle.
It really gets farfetched with more than one.
However, they shit that bed but good when they gave Spike a soul.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 21:40:56 )

@Angelus: More or less, I think they just lost the plot of it.
Side fact. Spike's actor James Marsters has a band and is a very good singer.

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 21:42:15 )

@Another Movie Addict: Oh I am aware that he has an awesome voice from 'Once More with Feeling', his and Giles' are my favorite numbers.
Anthony Head is also a musician in RL.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 21:44:55 )

@Angelus: I really enjoyed Anthony Head's cover of Every Move, made it a lot less creepy and stalkery. He was a lot of fun in Repo: The Genetic Opera.
Marster's band is called Ghost of the Robot, and I have all their albums. <3

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 21:47:08 )

@Another Movie Addict: I've not listened to either of them outside BtVS, I'll have to remedy that.
I was mesmerized the first time Head sang on BtVS.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 21:49:37 )

@Angelus: Oh oh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKgVln8XmuE

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 21:57:32 )

@Another Movie Addict: Wow lol. Trippy seeing him in that getup.

Just because you don't see me doesn't mean I'm not here. I'm a lurker.

Deals With the Devil

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 22:00:19 )

@Angelus: He is a very interesting man in real life.

Lol this conversation was great. Usually the Angel vs Riley vs Spike (well Angel vs Spike for us) tends to get pretty nasty. Oh. Despite my defense of Spike, I'm not a Spike/Buffy shipper or an Angel/Buffy shipper. I feel all three relationships were incredibly unhealthy.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 22:05:08 )
Hello everyone, how goes everything?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 22:05:48 )

@Unicorn: Goes good, you?

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 22:07:06 )
@Another Movie Addict: glad to hear that everything is going good for you. everything is going alright here, thank you for asking.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.