Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀wishlist⠀{ come chat anytime ˙˚ʚ(´◡`)ɞ˚˙ }⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 05:56:28 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@chiffonorange: is the big circle on ur current avi a moon???

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 05:58:52 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@xvz: No, it's an electric orb. Well, a big electric orb. :viosweat:

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 06:00:45 )

@chiffonorange: oo i see, it looks like a moon ^^
(i love moon themes, if you couldn't tell)

what item is it from?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 06:07:45 )

@xvz: I am not good with the cold. I grew up in Florida XD
I'm in CA now, so things will be shut here for a long while. Where are you?

Not much that I'm looking forward to I'm sorry to say. In July is my bday. My July vacation got cancelled though.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 06:14:16 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@xvz: Aah I see. I prefer night theme.

If I'm not mistaken, said item is a part of the Daily Chance

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 06:16:38 )

@totalanimefan: haha i also hate the cold! i grew up in tennessee
now i'm in nyc, so it's been pretty bad lol :-/ but improving by a lot i think currently?
it's hard to say, i can never really tell how i'm supposed to feel about the situation
are you norcal or socal?

i'm sorry to hear that! i spent my birthday in quarantine recently, it wasn't too bad, i just had to adjust my expectations for what a good day could look like :-p
where had you been planning to go?

@chiffonorange: oo i didn't know that!
i'm not used to daily chance items being good / ones i actually want lol

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 06:18:39 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@xvz: Ah, it depends on whether it's worth or not lol

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 06:24:05 )

@chiffonorange: oh what do you mean by that? ^^

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 06:25:21 )

@xvz: Oh you are in NYC right now. That's really rough. When did you move there?
I'm in North Cal. I moved here 5 years ago for my husband's job.

Before COVID, I was going to go to DC for Otakon. I've gone every year since 2010. It's really sad that cause of the Virus it's not on this year. I agree with it being cancelled but I'm still sad. And this was the first year that my sister was going to come too. It was going to be about 10 days after my bday.

When was your bday?

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 06:40:05 )

@totalanimefan: omg tysm for the trade
they look so good, it's so nice how they're from daily chance
i really appreciate it, pls lmk if i can make u some art in return or anything

yeah nyc was hit pretty hard, leaving the house was pretty tense/stressful for a while, but it's definitely better now than it was last month
i moved here about 2 years ago? from philly :3
i used to work a little in east and south bay ^^ are you close to sf?

that's too bad, i'm sorry to hear it :-( a friend and i were planning on going to momocon this month, it would have started tomorrow haha
my birthday was earlier this month and hers is next week, so it would have been a cute trip together
hopefully cons can be back on next year, and i hope you'll get to do something nice for yourself this year!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 06:54:08 )

@xvz: No need. I got these items for free and I have like 15 copies of each. Thanks for the offer though.

I'm in San Jose. I hope that you are able to stay safe in NYC. I love that city but I would hate to live there right now.

That would have been really cute. :( I'm sorry. I'm sad about Otakon the most cause I won't get to see my friends or family that I see every year there. :(
I do think that in 2021 the con seen will be back. I don't know about Jan 2021, but like the normal summer cons will probably be back.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 07:02:25 )

@totalanimefan: thank you so much

i see - i thought san jose usually has pretty nice weather, i'm sorry it's been so hot for you lately though!
yeah a lot of people in the city have left if they had the option to
i'm in a lucky position where i have a good living situation and can still work,
but yeah probably not the best city to be in currently lol , and not really the best value for rent lol

aww yeah that's too bad :-( i hope you'll all get to hang out another way! were you planning to cosplay or anything?
i'm curious how/if cons will change in the future, like if they'll have to be smaller or more spread out to lessen crowding

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 07:12:17 )

@xvz: Normally it's not bad, but the heatwaves are becoming more common here cause of climate change. I bought this condo at the end of 2018 and I paid for AC last summer. I'm so glad that I did. The current heat wave lasts until Friday.
We are lucky too in that my husband can still work from home. I'm a temp worker so I'm not working at the moment.

I don't cosplay. I mostly love seeing the musical guests. I love Japanese music. Every year there has been at least one concert that I went to and loved. I wonder how it will be different. I think it's more up to what the government does. Con staff wouldn't really hold any power.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 07:23:33 )

@totalanimefan: omg horns and backgrounds, my favorite, thank u
so tempting to add more clutter, must restrain ...

i see, i hope the heat eases up soon! is he in tech? my impression of south bay is that most are connected to the industry in some way
i'm grateful to be ok financially this year, if this hit last year i would have been screwed lol

ah that sounds fun! yeah i guess we'll have to wait and see
i could picture them limiting like # of people / mass capacity for rooms, like only 100 people in the artist alley at a time, etc.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 07:34:58 )

@xvz: I love the crystals! They are so pretty to me. I wish that we had more items pixeled like that.

Heat will ease up on Friday. He is in tech. We wouldn't be here if we didn't have to be for his job.

Yeah they could. I wonder what the virus is going to look like in 2021.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 13:47:44 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@xvz: Hmm... well, it depends on whether you want them or not if you desire as there are items that doesn't suit one's preference. Sorry for not explaining it clearly. ^_^;

(Very late reply )

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/29 02:51:57 )

@totalanimefan: oh yeah! i love all the color poses too, so many of them and so many fun ones

ooh lol do you not like living in san jose? the cost of living seemed high to me, is that right?
hope it's cooling down for you!

@chiffonorange: ahh i understand now haha, thanks for clarifying

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/29 03:02:33 )

@xvz: I’m not the biggest fan but I could live in worst places. It’s overtaken NYC to be the most expensive place in the nation. You pretty much have to drive around here as public transportation is not good. My one bedroom condo (not in a walkable neighborhood) was 600k and it was run down and needed a lot of work put into it.
My husband and I would love to move to DC. My husband’s company doesn’t have an office there yet and he can’t work from anywhere yet but maybe in the future we could move. I really like that city for a lot of reasons.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/29 03:35:48 )

@totalanimefan: ooh yeah, i worked in that area one summer and i remember it would take like an hour to go <5 miles on transit :-/
maybe his company will switch to remote work this year?? mine used to have a no-fully-remote-work policy and now most people can stay remote til next january at least
i hope you can move so you can enjoy your home city more lol

what's good in dc?? i've never really spent too much time there
all the museums are supposed to be free though right :3

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/29 04:14:35 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@xvz: You're welcome c:

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.