Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/8 21:31:17 )

@Wildfire: Seeing the reactions on Christmas morning is one of my favourite parts of the day :D It will be weird because going to the Panto is another tradition of ours but we couldn't do that this year. Such a weird year all round! We'll just have to make sure to have an extra good Christmas next year!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/8 21:38:41 )
@sunny: I'm sorry that your traditions are being broken this year. What's the Pantho, though - restaurant? place? Maybe we can still get a couple of those gift reactions though.

Although I'm buying gifts and there's a pine tree in the middle of our house, it still doesn't feel like Christmas-time somehow :/

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/8 21:41:51 )

@Wildfire: LOL maybe you need Christmas music?
Panto is short for Pantomime, it's basically a live show with celebrities retelling a fairy tale, but it's funny and there's music and pranks and things like that. It's very silly tbh, but it's fun. It's usually for kids but we still go anyway. I forgot it was a British thing, sorry! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantomime

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/8 21:44:14 )
@sunny: Yes, now that you say pantomime, I have a much better idea of what you're talking about. I didn't realize it was a British thing that still happened!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/8 21:48:11 )

@Wildfire: Yep, every year! They are putting some old recordings of shows on television but it won't be the same </3 ah well!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/8 21:50:38 )
@sunny: Oh I bet having the recordings shown on TV won't be the same at all, but it's something, right? It sounds like a lovely tradition, TBH. I miss having and doing things like that!!

Yes, Christmas music might help. I will probably put some on as we sort through our ornaments, etc., and try to decorate a little later

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/8 21:51:44 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

im hoping my sticker i ordered will arrive before my birthday.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/8 21:51:57 )

@Wildfire: It will still be fun! We usually go on my birthday (27th Dec) but maybe I can watch a recording on my birthday this year.
What is your favourite Christmas music? Do you lean towards the traditional, or the pop style songs?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/8 21:53:47 )
@MoodyB: Oh I hope so - but that's only a couple days away now, isn't it??
@sunny: That sounds like a plan! You're right in-between Christmas and New Year!!

^^ And you're both December babies!

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/8 21:57:19 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: 4 more days.
I ordered my own sticker like...2-3 days ago.
I mostly wanted to buy it for advertisement purposes but also my sketchbook looks very naked lol.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/8 22:02:29 )
Ahhh... the naked sketchbook. That's never a good thing! XD
Also self-advertising! <3

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/8 22:04:56 )

@Wildfire: Yep, my poor mum was in hospital for Christmas and New Year's that year XD

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/8 22:04:56 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: Haha yeah.
tho i may wait till i can afford several of my stickers
to advertise but im too poor right now for that.

tho i got tons of room for stickers since my sketchbook is quite...massive. :vanora_sweat:

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/8 22:10:07 )
@sunny: Yes, I bet she was - but she got you that year, right?

@MoodyB: LOL - how big a sketchbook do you have? ... and wait - I thought you only did digital art?

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/8 22:12:08 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: My sketchbook is not for art pieces to post or anything.
It's just for practice.
but i haven't used it since i bought it lmao.
But i still consider only strict digital art as it takes me.....forever to get into traditional.
i only do it maybe...once every couple of months. only if i get the itch to sketch.

it's a hardbound10x14 sketchbook.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/8 22:12:52 )

@Wildfire: Yes she did :) They let her out for Christmas dinner, but she had to go back in right away.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/8 22:20:00 )
@MoodyB: 10x14 is a good sized sketchbook, but I've seen them bigger. One of mine is that size, I think, although usually I prefer one that's a little bit smaller. I understand... and I'm of the opinion that it's always a good idea to have a sketchbook on hand!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/8 22:21:02 )
@sunny: Oh wow. Was it all just because of your arrival? Hopefully nothing too complicated happened at your birth - although I guess that's several years ago now and it's probably a pretty moot matter - lol!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/8 22:23:18 )

@Wildfire: Idk what was actually wrong, but lots of things went wrong in her pregnancy. I was born by emergency C Section a month early. I wasn't growing apparently, and my lungs were failing. And she had high blood pressure or something. I don't really know, she doesn't like to talk about it much :(

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/12/8 22:23:40 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: I didn't actually mean to buy this large of a sketchbook.
I just miscalculate...a lot with online purchases.

I meant to get the 8x10 but my dumb brain thought "maybe that's too small."
and welp..now i have a very large sketchbook.
But the upside. it'll take me ages to finish it lol.

I want to just loosely sketch in the sketchbook as my pencil control is terrible and i often
do short sketch marks because i just am super bad traditionally.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website] | [Twitter] | [Instagram] | [Tumblr]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.