Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee new to the site!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/20 03:31:51 )

@spinda: Yeah it's like even though they have their problems they know you well and you know them well. It's someone you mostly can always rely on. Good luck on learning how to drive. I hated learning how but I'm from Florida so I had to. I was terrified.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/20 03:35:14 )
@Totalanimefan: yeah. we weren't super close when i was growing up but once i started moving around for different things (internship in KY, grad school in IL, now working in OH) my mom and i started texting every night, and coming back to live at home from december until the end of july was humbling but also good for our relationships.

thanks. i know how to drive and finished all my hours (though it's now been almost 3 months since i've been behind the wheel soooo) but couldn't test at home, and trying to get an OH permit has been hell. i think i might just keep my home permit and practice & test while i'm home and off work for winter break.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/20 03:40:26 )

@spinda: That's nice that you and your mom got closer! I think that my mom is starting to respect me more, but she has mental health issues that always end up in a fight when we are together normally. My Dad (my parents aren't together anymore) is a slight narcissist with very, very little empathy. So that's always fun...
My sister and I are close but she lives in San Diego (I lived in Northern CA which was 8 hours away) but now I'm in DC so I'm a 6 hour flight from her. I am however closer to the rest of my family. My mom's side of the family lives in PA, which is about a 3 hour drive from DC. And FL is a 2 hour flight for my Dad's side.
So good buffer zone for me but still not too far I feel like. lol

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/20 03:43:19 )

I wouldn't worry too much about rushing to get your DL. I'm sure the DMV is super backed up. Around here you can't get an appt until Jan.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/21 01:18:39 )
@Totalanimefan: it's gonna suck no matter what. I'm supposed to have it for this job because, in a non-COVID year, I would have some travel as part of being on call. But, COVID, we don't want to go to the hospital unless we have to, the hospital doesn't want us there, etc.

I'm doing my best to get it but it sucks to have work ask me every week or so for an update when I don't have one lol.

How was your day?
kody / 23 / they

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/21 02:46:34 )

@spinda: That's tough. Today was ups and downs. I got my period and then I had to call CVS for my RX and they hung up on me twice! After keeping me waiting for 35 and 15 mins each time. I called up the CVS 1-800 and told them what happened. I filed a complaint and then got them to do what I needed them to. In total it took almost two hours cause I was on hold with the 1-800 number too.
But then in the evening I went out to get some jeans with my husband for him. He only had one pair. So after trying on a few pairs he got some and a new shirt. It all looked really nice on him. Then for dinner we got a good salad from a local place across the street from us.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/25 21:47:30 )
Your avatar is so cute >w<
Well everyone ‘s Voltrie is :3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.