Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG ┤▒├ WRRECT ┤▒├ come chat any time! ┤▒├ games, art, prizes, discussion...

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/13 16:08:42 )
Gaomon PD1161. I wanted a tablet with a screen. I've only ever used the ones that you draw on and the image is on the computer. And I needed to get away from wacom.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/13 16:09:46 )

Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight | Heartbreak Coffin x1 | Merlantis | Cancer | Virgo | Butterfly Kisses | Key to Heaven | Eclipse | Mother Anthropoda | Avian Misery | Falling Star

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Wildfire: haha thanks, she's spoiled is what she is. <:3( )~~

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/13 16:14:29 )
@Koah: Yes, I don't blame you. It's the way I would probably go if I thought I'd be using it more or for things other than what I'm likely to actually use it for. I hope you enjoy it. :3

@star2000shadow: Well, of course she is!! :3

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/13 16:19:29 )

Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight | Heartbreak Coffin x1 | Merlantis | Cancer | Virgo | Butterfly Kisses | Key to Heaven | Eclipse | Mother Anthropoda | Avian Misery | Falling Star

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Wildfire: mostly her 'dads' fault, my old roommate couldn't NOT give her what she wanted, just to shut her up, tried to tell him, do that and she'll meow for everything just ignore her and when she's persistant you know she needs something. now that he's moved out, she only meows like that when she needs something. <:3( )~~

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/13 16:23:06 )
@Wildfire: I hope I enjoy it too. I hope you get around to set yours up! :)
My husband and I are guilty of having expensive hobbies that don't pay. I have a good/bad habit of jumping from one art thing to another. So, I can already predict that I'll set up my tablet use it for a month, and safely store it until my itch to do digital comes back.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/13 16:24:31 )

"You've had too much of the digital love -

@Wildfire: I was on the phone for 20 minutes sorting out my prescription, and needless to say the cost is.. upsetting.

You want everything live, you want things you can touch."

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/13 16:53:31 )
@star2000shadow: Cats are smart enough to know things like that. I'm glad she settled down for you, though!

@Koah: Oh, Koah, believe me - that's something I can completely understand! I do it too. So does my husband. It's one of the reasons why I held myself back from doing anything other than the Huion tablet, which really, should meet my immediate needs just fine. If I need something more or end up doing much more digital art, then I'll buy a different tablet, if that turns out to be necessary. I have sooooo many art supplies in my studio that are going unused and I really need to finish a couple things there before I get too much more involved with digital things, but the digital art seems to keep taking priority somehow

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/13 16:54:31 )
@0v7: Oh, I'm really sorry to hear that! I assume you've already gone through whatever insurance options you have available...

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/13 16:55:38 )

@Wildfire: The thing is, we haven't used my insurance at my pharmacy yet, because usually cash is cheaper... it's $75 for a month of pills with cash.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/13 17:22:26 )

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Wildfire: Me to. cause josh would spoil her to shut her up, me i let her meow until she realizes she won't get spoiled if she does that. <:3( )~~

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/13 17:31:46 )
@0v7: Yes, we tend to do that too actually. It's amazing how much cheaper medicines and care can be without involving the insurance companies. (and what does that tell you about the insurance industry? -pet peeve-). Sometimes it doesn't work out that way, but it's always a good idea to check your options! I hope you get things worked out, Seb. <3

@star2000shadow: Yes, exactly.
... which is why my dogs always follow me to the kitchen now /eyeroll/

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/13 17:33:17 )

@Wildfire: I'll be getting it either way, and I feel.. less bad since it's a medication I need... but it's so expensive. I'm hoping insurance can take off some of the cost...

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/13 17:34:58 )
I understand, Seb. Sometimes you just have to spend the money. :3

I need to go buy foodstuffs, but I shouldn't be gone for too long.

I'll leave you with a question, though - If you celebrate Thanksgiving, what do you usually serve or have? Are you a turkey family? Ham? Seafood? All veggies? A combination?

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/13 17:36:10 )

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Wildfire: LMAO oh that is priceless..'snicker' nala fallows wanda my sister around now. she gave her moist food so now she's seeing if she treats her like she did josh, will she do what he did and give her what she wants to shut her up haha. so far its a solid 'No' haha. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/13 17:38:35 )
LOL! I give the dogs the ends of carrots or green beans if I happen to be cooking them that night, but otherwise, they really don't get a lot of "people food". Apparently though, I cook carrots (at least) enough that it has become a habit - I go in to cook, the dogs follow. XD

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/13 17:38:48 )

We usually serve turkey for turkey day - ham's reserved for Christmas. I'm not sure what miss sunny will eat considering she's very vegan... though maybe she won't even be fronting for turkey day? Hmm.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/13 19:36:55 )
I am back.
I found a turkey... and it was CHEAP!! So yay me?? LOL. Now to figure out what the rest of my menu is going to be this year. It will probably be whatever the store has stocked, tbh, and probably nothing too special about any of it. I usually go all out for Thanksgiving, but I'm just tired of cooking and thinking and dealing with the chaos, I think. So simple. Sometimes that's best anyway. Besides, I don't know if anyone else is going to join us this year - not like we usually have a lot of people over anyway, but...

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/13 19:39:43 )

Welcome back! I just got done cooking some tempeh.
Also.. my best friend offered to help pay for some of my medication cost this month. ;A;

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/13 19:41:33 )
Thank you.
How was the tempeh? What did you do with it other than cook it?
You have the best best friend - I swear! <3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/13 19:42:44 )

@Wildfire: I pan fried it in spices. It's... bland so I'm dipping it in barbecue sauce lol

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.