Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG ┤▒├ WRRECT ┤▒├ come chat any time! ┤▒├ games, art, prizes, discussion...

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 17:47:28 )
Yes, I'm back. There is now food cooking for the kids and I should be able to actually sit here and chat for a bit if anyone is around

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 18:11:48 )
@0v7: Our local library put the event on. They're really expanding the bilingual section. Now they're focusing on culture too. <3 This library is quite different than the one I worked at. They do storytime with a translator. My kids initially got confused since they're not familiar with Spanish.
If our roomies would pay rent soon, it would be nice. The truck is going to cost us more than a grand to fix this time. :c

@Wildfire: HEy! It was definitely an interesting weekend on my end. How was yours?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 18:12:31 )
I'm good to chat for a bit this morning. My son is ahead of his schooling this morning. So I need to find something else for him to do today. :O

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 18:14:06 )
@Koah: Hey! The weekend was a little on the quiet side for us, but that's not really a bad thing.
I'm sorry to hear about your vehicle - that's no fun. But congrats on having a kid who's ahead on his schoolwork!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 18:25:14 )
Turns out my son has been ahead for awhile. I haven't told him because he'll get lazy on me. He's only a first-grader. He struggles with reading but really enjoys science. He's already finished all the science the teacher posted for him for the year. :O

Our weekend was noisy but really relaxing on Sunday.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 18:27:07 )
@Koah: Oh! So he's a science kid - that's awesome. So what else are you going to do with him for science for the rest of the year?

A relaxing Sunday is a good thing, IMO. It was a kind of sleepy Sunday here, if I remember correctly (the days are seriously getting muddled)

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 18:33:39 )
He really loves outer space. We had to go pick up my husband late last night. My son started telling me about constellations until he passed out in the back seat because it was way past his bedtime. lol. He was trying to find the northern star and the big dipper. I should probably put money aside to get him a telescope in the future. :o

I feel that! The days are smashing together and it's just getting faster. D:

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 18:37:54 )
@Koah: That's so cool. Yes, that's definitely an interest I'd encourage! Good for him - and for you guys!

Yes, the days are just weird. TIME is just weird.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 18:38:21 )
This is exactly

What's up folks

what you think it is.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 18:38:39 )

I knew about it when I was little I just didn't celebrate it. My school actually tried to cover a ton of holidays of different cultures when I was in primary school.
Sadly I haven't retained as much as I would like >.<

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 18:39:45 )

@Another Movie Addict: Hey AMA. Welcome back.

Although I had a productive morning, I'm tired now... it feels like I shouldn't be, but I am...

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 18:40:29 )
@Shadami: Day of the Dead? Or some other holiday/tradition?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 18:40:58 )
This is exactly

I've had a fairly productive morning. Laundry, vet appointment, post office, getting socks from Walmart.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 18:41:58 )
Getting socks. That's the real accomplishment! <3
LOL - it does sound like you've been busy this morning! Now what are you going to do with yourself?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 18:43:00 )
This is exactly

I'm going to chill.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 18:43:43 )
That is my plan right now too. I'm tired.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 18:44:49 )
This is exactly

Might take a nap at some point.

what you think it is.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 18:44:52 )
@Shadami: Did your halloween go well?

It wasn't until I started traveling that I saw culture and got to know different types of people. My hometown is a small town with a lot of woodsman/axeman.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 18:48:24 )
@Koah: Travel is so important, IMO. You need to get out of your own little world, and make discoveries about life, culture, people, etc., that you might not otherwise. You don't realize how small your immediate environment is until you travel. Where is one of your favorite places you traveled?

@Another Movie Addict: A nap sounds good. I'm thinking about going to sit on the lanai and read for a while.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 18:48:51 )
This is exactly

Reading is also something I might do if I don't nap.

what you think it is.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.