Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An Unexpected Trip

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/1 13:12:18 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
She was silent as she stood at the remains of the desk, her hands on it, her weight on them as she tried to keep herself together. She could feel herself shifting, her mind being taken over by what was happening to her.

"I can't..." She growled.

"I just... I can't. This..." She continued before shaking her head, violently as she attempted to keep her wits about her. She couldn't barely even finish a thought anymore. Her mana pulsed, she couldn't control it, the darkness that was going with it was rather ominous, and was something that wasn't unknown. Another strong pulse, and she was brought to her knees, her blonde hair a mess, her blue eyes dark.

She let out a cry, a scream, however it was painfully feral sounding. Inhuman, and most certainly not right. That scream though, along with it was a massive pulse of mana, something that was almost as strong as her brothers. It was most certainly strong enough to send him against the wall, purely from the force.

"Vic!" He called out to her as he watched her suffering.

"What can I do?" He asked, finally getting to his feet and approaching.

"I..." She started, trying to answer, and finding herself having a hard time with it. She didn't know what to say, how to do it, and certainly couldn't come up with the words. Her mind was failing her, cohesive thoughts were getting to be more and more difficult, if not bordeline impossible.

"... Switch..." She managed to get out, her voice sounding less human with each passing second. It was the only way she knew of to pause it.

She was dying, her soul was eroding, as it happened. Swapping her soul as they'd spoken about would at least give this form some more life, as her properly and fully succuming would not do the world any good. The problem, was that it was likely to be a temporary solution. The soul that was pulled and placed there would likely become the same as her, and quicker than she did. Maybe some information could be passed back to the pas with this, to allow this world to change.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/1 22:53:16 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"...switch...?" her brother asked her, his voice a little confused, but he got it within the next second. "Oh! The... the swap!" he realised. "But... but that's not 100% guaranteed to work, considering your current state, and..." he started to protest, concern in his tone now.

"Please!" she begged. "It's either THAT, or risk whatever I turn into!" she stated.

"...freak chance is better than NO chance." the man agreed.

He then raced and grabbed a few crystals, placing them around her... before concentrating and stamping his foot down, creating a black rune that spread out around the young woman, and trapping her inside it. However, as soon as the rune touched the crystals, and their power flowed into it, she could feel the change.

Previously, she felt like her soul was about to be yanked away from her body violently, due to the rune... but now it felt like something else was pulling on it, more softly this time. It was still disconnected from her body, yes, but she felt... more at peace, now. She felt like, no matter what happened now, she would be fine. She wouldn't be trapped in a chain-link, THAT was for sure. She also felt like her world was fading as well, as things got a little blacker by the second.

"Good luck..." the man said, trailing off slightly.

" And goodbye... Vic." he finished, as she could see a tear or two roll down his cheek.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/1 23:18:37 )

She was silent, meeting his gaze.

"I love you, Jo." She said, able to find some clarity and the ability to form full thoughts again, kind of.

"And ... thank you." Was the last thing she said before her body collapsed. That wasn't a surprise though, they had studied this a lot over the past few years. Even while he wasn't there, there was still plenty of studying going on. They both knew that it would take time for the new soul to connect, but neither had any idea how long. It would depend on how far from now was pulled.

---

She stared at the paper in front of her, having a hard time focusin on it. She didn't know why, usually this wasn't an issue. Did she stay up too late? Can't be, even on no or extremely poor sleep she didn't usually have this issue.

She struggled the entire way through the period, through her exam. She was one of the last ones to finish, and as she brought it up to the professor, she realised how ... disconnected, things were starting to feel. This wasn't right, not at all, and that did make it a bit concerning. The professor didn't really pay any attentiuon, and she headed off, making sure to have everything with her. As she walked, she sent a text to her brother.

Is Emma in? it was simple, but to the point. She wasn't sure if she could get anything more out for the moment, either. However, at the same time for some reason, she was sure that the elf in question was not in.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/1 23:44:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The one she had sent a text to read the words on his screen. They were few, they were simple, and it was a seemingly simple inquiry. However, he knew that such a question was probably not good, and there was more to it than there seemed.

He paused for a moment, before checking something, and then calling the medical wing of the guild he worked for. Upon confirmation of something he did not want to hear, he sighed and shook his head.

No, she isn't. he responded to her.

Why? What's going on? he then sent further, pausing again, and growing more concerned.

Are you all right? Do you need help? he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/1 23:55:56 )

He didn't receive a reply for longer than he would have liked.

"I'm going home... just.. meet me there. She sent, not specifying 'home'. It could be back at her parents place, in Canada, or her place that she got in Wales because of school and what was going to follow afterward. After shoving her phone back into her pocket, which took a few attempts to find, she managed to get to the mana transport pads, and vanished, appearing back home in the den and half collapsing onto the couch. She dropped her stuff on the floor and just laid down, curling up, and holding her head. She didn't know what was going on, and was having a noticably more difficult time doing anything basic for the moment.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 00:26:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." he was silent as he read that, wondering where she was referring to.

"Hmmm." he mumbled.

"If I were to take a guess... then I'd say she went to her home abroad." he told himself, before getting up from his desk and moving to the middle of the room. He disappeared in a burst of black flames, appearing at the back of the house that the young woman called home.

He made his way to the front door, before knocking on it.

"Vicki!?" he called in.

"You there!?" he asked, using the spare key she'd given him to let himself in, to see if she HAD come here.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 00:30:58 )

"Couch!" Vicki responded, sounding ... well, not right. There was an element to her voice that made it seem like the puzzle was missing a few pieces, so to speak, and it wasn't good.

When he reached the den and found her curled up on the couch, an arm hanging limping over the arm of it.

"Hey..."She said, but didn't move.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 00:49:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh, geez..." he muttered, getting closer to her.

"You look like hell, and that's putting it lightly." he commented.

"Are you all right?" he asked. "How are you feeling?" he asked her.

"I can try and contact Emma, even though she's not in." he offered.

"If you feel you really do need her."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 00:54:21 )

"I..." Vicki started.

"I just... I don't..." She tried, but found that she couldn't, she was having too much difficulty getting any sort of thoughts out.

"I..." She didn't know what she was trying to say, what she wanted to do, and it was starting o scare her. She couldn't understand what was going on with her, and realised that this wasn't good. It was probably one of the only thing she was definite and sure about right now.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 01:14:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash bit his lip when she said that... or rather, tried to say what she did, but found she couldn't.

"Ohhh, even I can tell this isn't good." he muttered.

He then knelt down and placed a wrist on her forehead to check her temperature, and found it to be normal. For her.

"No fever to speak of." he commented.

"So it can't be a high temperature causing this sort of... well... whatever this is." he went on, before he realised something. His mana was acting... strange. As though it were REACTING to what was happening to her.

"What the...?" he mumbled, looking at the small amount of mana that had come to the surface and coated itself around the hand that he'd put to her forehead, much like a thin transparent, translucent glove.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 01:24:04 )

"...I.." Vicki started before shaking her head weakly.

"H.... help..." Was the last thing she said, the only thing she could get out, before falling silent. Completely silent, to the point that he couldn't hear her breathing. When he noticed that concerning detail, he got close to see if she was breathing, and yes. Thankfully, he found she was. It was just extremely light.

---

She woke with a start, and a small cry.

"Ash!" She excalimed as she woke, sitting up and ready to react if need be. However, she wasn't where she expected to be. The last place she recalled being was on her own couch... which was decidedly not here.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 01:39:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Vicki!?" Ash asked, trying to see if she was responsive.

"Shit! VICKI!" he shouted.

He was thankful she was breathing, but... she needed help. Now.

---

The next thing she heard was a voice.

"Welcome." the male said.

She knew that voice. She'd just heard it. But it sounded... different. It was him, but... at the same time, it sounded like a man that wasn't the one she assumed it was.

"Odds are you're very confused." he commented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 01:47:03 )

Vicki was particularly quick to whirl around and look ready to attack the one who had spoken, before freezing.

".... what...?" She asked when she saw him. He looked like her brother, but.... there was something more to his appearance. It wasn't hard to tell either.

He was notably thinner, and more haggard. His hair was a deisaster, there were a few nasty scars that were new, a pale complexion, darker eyes than she was used to (although that could have been the dark circles under his eyes too).

".... Ash...?" She asked, her voice almost hesitant.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 02:07:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He merely chuckled when she addressed him as such, after a moment of surprise.

"Heh. Haven't been called THAT in a while." he admitted.

"Means it really DID work." he said further, wiping his eyes with his arm.

"How about that." he commented, seemingly looking into the void, before turning his attention back to Vicki.

"Yeah." he said. "It's me. Ash." he confirmed.

"Feeling a little disoriented, I assume?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 02:09:37 )

".... More concerned than anything." Vicki stated before carefully getting to her feet. As she did so, she looked casual, but there was a definite defensive nature to her stance.

".... Prove you are who you say you are." She then said.

"Tell me something only I would know."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 02:29:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man just sighed heavily.

"Hmmm." he mumbled.

"Something only YOU would know..." he went on.

He then thought for a moment, and nodded.

"I killed a person that was considered a child. For the good for the future." he told her. "And the only reason you know that it because of your premonitions of times past." he said further.

"I distinctly remember that you wanted to speak with me alone, and were even wary of Kitt being in the vicinity when we spoke of it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 02:30:39 )

"... Being a familiar, she could have passed the information to Casey..." Vicki commented before sighing.

"Good enough." She added.

"Now... Where the hell am I?" She asked as she looked around."And why does my head feel like it's in a vice?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 02:56:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash paused for a moment.

"Why does your head feel like it's been in a vice?" he asked.

"Probably a side-effect of the rather drastic event that just happened." he told her, answering her question, but not answering it. Before she could respond, though, he went on.

"And where are you?" he asked further.

"The Council HQ." he answered her.

That's when she looked around and took in her surroundings more fully. And saw that the place looked to be... ramshackle, to put it lightly. Furniture was broken, debris was everywhere, books were piled haphasardly, papers were strewn about... it did NOT look like the Council she knew.

Rather, it looked like the ruins of the Council.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 03:04:58 )

"This.... this is Aunt Hollie's office..." Vicki started, her voice quiet.

[b["Your office."[/b] Ash interjected.

"I... different world, or different time?" She then asked, proving she was smart.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/2 03:33:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash smirked.

"Time." he said.

"You're in the future." he told her. "By a decent margin, mind, I would say." he continued, thinking about it.

"What were you doing before this happened?" he asked.

"I was finishing up an exam, and then headed home." Vicki responded.

Ash paused when she said that, his eyes widening a bit.

"...never mind that statement." he said.

"You jumped ahead about 250 years or so."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.