Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk How not to run an avatar game based around buying and selling

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/27 06:01:11 )
ˑؘ ۪۪۫۫Formerly known as ChiffonOrange ۪۪۫۫ ؘ

@squishy sloth: True, Second Life is confusing for those who aren't familiar with its gimmicks and newcomers lol. I agree, IMVU is easier since all you have to do is to click on an object or place you want your avatar to go although it does gets boring from time to time.

I think V coins are similar to Linden Dollars but even then most people are still confused about how they work and how will they be used since they came out recently. There's an explaination about it on the official IMVU Youtube channel :o

I definately agree with you! They should've implemented the 'removing Guest_ name' and give new users at least 8k credits or maybe 6k(?) after completing the tutorial. And I think VIP, chat room slot and AP should've merged together instead of seperating them and having to buy it one by one.

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 01:19:36 )

@Hydrangea: yeah i got into imvu before trying second life so i was SUUUUPER confused about how tf second life works LMAO
like, all they really do is tell u where the shop is and that u can build somehow and like, how to move, but thats about it,, like HOW do i build?????

also i'll have to watch the vcoin video because i have literally no clue what they're even for akshdj
i'm glad im not the only one though, but it's kind of sad that they just said 'hey we have vcoins now' and apparently did such a bad job at explaining it that no one actually knows what it's for rip

also SAME i feel like they should've put ap with vip, although then i'd have to pay monthly for ap which would suck i don't WANT vip but i DO want ap akjshjdh
chat room slots should definitely just be part of vip though, i don't get why they allow you to buy chat room slots in general

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 13:37:08 )

@squishy sloth: Bwahahaha same! And I agree about the building part, like not everyone has the time to build their own avatar from scratch nor do they have knowledge of building 3D models and worst of all is if you f**ked up your avatar while trying to put a certain item on them said avatar will look like as if they had clipping or having some glitches/bugs on their avatar parts. I honestly felt Second Life should've made an easier avatar build system for those who aren't familiar with 3D meshes and stuff. :/

Lmao what I thought about that explanation video, no one asked or suggested for Vcoins and somehow they f**ked up by adding them in the end. What's the point of introducing Vcoins when we already have Promo Credits and Credits? ( =_ = ; )

Yeah and even if they did merged them together they would still make it monthly instead of one-time purchase. 100% agreed, I don't know whose idea is to make chat room slots seperated and not thinking it would be a great idea to merge them with VIP instead. IMVU Mobile is even worse when it comes to those host room slots which not everyone is going to use one.

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 23:07:13 )

@Hydrangea: YEAH like the most i can make in blender is a very round cat KAJSHJDH
i prefer the shop system imvu has because of that, but also the shop is kinda hard to use unless you know EXACTLY what something would be called because people name things like 'abigail' or 'edgy ayyyeeeeee' and i'm like 'is this a shirt????? is it hair????'

honestly they're just adding things for the sake of it now, and like, not even explaining it akjhs
i'm still salty about imvu next being a thing smh
also don't even get me started on imvu mobile oh my god i hate the app SO MUCH it's just so bad and like who tf has a good enough phone to play imvu on it when people like to spam actions and stuff????

i wonder how bad a second life mobile app would be.. probably worse AKJSHJDH

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/29 02:03:59 )

@squishy sloth: IMVU's shop system is easier but the search revelance is awful because of that reason you mentioned above. If I wanted to find something like 'streetwear' or 'cute' you might encounter those irrevelant items even though they don't fit your search revelance which makes it terrible. :I

SAME. I wish IMVU Next didn't exist and they should've improved the classic version tbh. I tried using that app but it's really flawed and lmao a Second Life mobile app is definately way worse than IMVU mobile imo. Imagine all of those freezings and lags as you enter a world.

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/30 02:21:11 )

@Hydrangea: right like i know there are shop tags but people just spam them to get their items seen and now it's just super hard to find anything unless you know exactly what the item is called and who made it ):
like, searching for 'emo' gives you literally everything under the sun when all i want is classic emo hair rip

also a second life mobile app would kill my tablet AKJSHJDJH
like, imvu already lags upon entering a chat room on the downloadable client and probably also lags on mobile (mostly bc of how large the items are and people putting on a bunch of lights and stuff) so a second life app would be waaaaay too big for mobile oml
i understand imvu making a mobile app where you can actually go into rooms but also they probably should've just kept it as a chat without the rooms because at least then it didn't crash aksjhdj

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/30 13:16:42 )

@squishy sloth: True. I hate it when people spam irrevelant tags to their items just because they wanted said items to be seen in the algorithm. ._.

Haha SL mobile app would kill anyone's phone or tablet tbh. And yep I agree with you, IMVU isn't immune to freezing and lagging and this, 100% agree about keeping it as a regular chat similar to those messaging apps but without the rooms or vice versa.

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/30 22:28:41 )

@Hydrangea: god right?? i've seen the same thing happen in the obey me fandom too, i made a belphie bot that retweets anything with his character tag and people like to spam character tags on tweets that having nothing to do with him and like,, the arts nice but can u not smh

petition for avatar site game things that have mobile apps to just have the chat thing bc while it's nice being able to enter rooms it's not needed AKSJHJDH
especially if you just use it to message people or use the shop

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 01:20:14 )

@squishy sloth: I see. *nods* While there's nothing with art, if they don't do anything with them then they might as well edit their tweet (correct me if I'm wrong. ^^; )

Yeah, most people would rather use it to message people/their friends or use the shop instead. That's a lot more better than dealing with bugs and stuff.

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 03:24:44 )

@Hydrangea: yeah it doesn't bother me much because i like all the characters in the game at least a bit, but i wish people tagged properly (┬┬﹏┬┬)
i also wish you could edit tweets akjshjd

also that's if people even log in aksjbhdj
i just checked and theres 70k people online, which is a LOT less than it used to be

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 03:58:25 )

@squishy sloth: Mmhmm. *nods* Proper tags are better than unnecessary tags and yeah, it makes me wonder why didn't Twitter implement that feature in the first place. :x

Well, holy smokes. That is definately a lot less than it used to be, if my memory serves me right it used to have around 90k people online but thanks to those new but unnecessary features some people might have quit or vice versa.

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 04:22:06 )

@Hydrangea: to be fair i understand why twitter doesn't let you edit tweets, since a tweet could get like 100k likes and retweets, and then op could edit it so it says something different
BUT you could also make it so you edit a tweet and theres a little edit history button like on some sites, that could work :3

and yeah, i remember it going up into the 100k range so seeing it drop to 70k is kind of sad ): its currently on 67k, rip imvu akjhshjd

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 04:28:57 )

@squishy sloth: I see, that's fair enough. :o

[insert the 'oof' sounds] Rip to IMVU indeed, though I'm not sure about Second Life's user online count since I already deleted my account there lol

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 05:15:31 )

@Hydrangea: oof i dont remember my login >n< i imagine it's gone down though, i very rarely see anyone talk about it anymore ):
the forums are active though which honestly surprised me AKJSHJDH

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 10:23:14 )

@squishy sloth: Ooh that's true, I don't see a lot of videos about it on Youtube either since it's already considered 'outdated' like IMVU (though idk if it considered as one). ( ;- ; )

And I see, I guess the SL forums are still kickin' despite people don't go to forums unless it's a specific niche these days.

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/2 01:19:40 )

@Hydrangea: akjhjdh same i havent seen a video about it in a while, i know people still record themselves trolling on imvu every now and then but its been a long time ):
also im surprised the forums are still alive there KAJHSJDH

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/2 01:25:46 )

@squishy sloth: Ah, I do wonder if people will get bored of trolling on IMVU or any other avatar game/site one day. :o

Haha yeah, I guess it's probably because of people preferred forums instead.

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/2 01:36:40 )

@Hydrangea: kjshdj maybe one day, i don't know why they still do it though because people don't really react anymore >~<

i wonder if they'll ever branch out onto other forums,, there are surprisingly not many forums for things anymore,, i kind of miss all the very specific forums for like, everything akjshd

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/2 01:42:14 )

@squishy sloth: True, probably because people are already used to trolls or they hardly react to their shenanigans.

Hmmm.... Only time will tell. And I definately agree with you, there's not a lot of forums for things/hobbies these days since almost everyone uses social media sites or Discord.

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/2 02:42:50 )

@Hydrangea: jahsjhd most likely yeah, i've definitely seen my fair share of them (and they were so damn annoying omg)

also true ): it's a pity, i like forums, they're cool :3

Shop | Art Thread | used to be cowboy belphie, buggaboy, kairosama | forum bunny by kouenli

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.