Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Melody Of Hope

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 04:58:09 )

Name: Lilly Walker

Bio: Lilly loves music, always has. It was one of the few things she had to get her through life.

Now that she has a job and apartment of her own, she no longer has to rely on her parents to take care of her and she can work towards her life-long dream to sing. She's left the nest and sometimes her parents try to pull her back in. Not that she doesn't love them.

She works as a baker down at the local bakery near the coffee shop in town, where she often goes on open mic night to just sing for the fun of it before heading home.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 05:11:45 )
@kory:

All set ^~^

I can start it once you've got your character up x3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 20:39:15 )
@Kory:

Hope it's okay for me to go ahead and post something :p

~°~°~

Lilly was getting changed out of her apron and work clothes after pulling an eleven hour shift at tye bakery, having come out with some new treats and one of the closing people calling in sick. Shr eas exhausted and a little frazzled to say the least.

Her manager met her in the back and offered to give her the next day off for all of her hard work. It wasn't easy working at the busiest bakery in town, Lil Bakers Roe. Lilly said her goodnights to her manager and coworkers before heading down to the coffee shop. She wasn't planning on singing tonight, she really just wanted to hear the music and other people sing.

"Lilly, sweetheart, you're going to burn yourself out at this rate." Sarah said as her regular came into the shop and sat down at the counter. She was the owner of the coffee shop, and had known Lilly since she was a little thing. "My offer still stands, to work here, whatever hours you need and breaks to go with it. Save you an extra trip." She spoke. "We love to hear you sing." Lilly smiled some and shook her head lightly, her attention turning to the small stage when a staff member announced the first of many for open mic night.

Sarah lightly rubbed Lilly's arm. "You're welcome to sing too, dearie, if you're not too tired. I know it'll help you unwind." The woman spoke softly and Lilly offered her a small smile. "I just came to watch tonight." She murmured, knowing she'd probablu change her mind.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 23:23:42 )
@Kory:

Sarah glanced at the newcomer when Eli he came in and ordered, nodding lightly as he tossed the money onto the counter amd watched him head over to the table closest to the stage. It was easy to tell he wasn't from around town, she knew most of the people who lived there, but she smiled some as he sat down. "Ah, I'll bet he's here for mic night. She concluded as she gathered the wrinkled bills and smoothed them out before folding them and putting the money in her apron.

The woman then left Lilly get what he ordered and, easily balancing the drink and muffin on a tray and headed over to the table where the boy had sat. "There you go hun, hope you enjoy." She spoke softly as she set the drink and plate down on the table, before leaving him to go back to the counter.

Lilly watched the incounter as she sipped on a hot tea one of the girls brought her. She was thinking about what Sarah had told her, about unwinding and she knew she was right. Singing always seemed to make her troubles go away, even if just for that moment. Once the music started for someone to start the mic night, she bobbed her head lightly to the beat and closed her eyes. She knew the song. There almost wasn't a song she didn't know.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/5 00:59:27 )
@Kory:

This is the song;
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=perfect+10+lyrics&view=detail&mid=EB93E406C8BF9CA1994AEB93E406C8BF9CA1994A&FORM=VRRTAP&PC=SANSAAND&ssp=1&darkschemeovr=1&safesearch=moderate&setlang=en&setmkt=en-US

~°~°~

Lilly glanced at Sarah as the music played and no one went to the stage, confused. Usually by now someone went up. How late was it? Sarah simply shrugged and gave her a small smile, glancing at the stage as if asking her to let them hear her. Maybe she'd help the others relax.

Lilly nibbled on her lower lip before setting down her tea and getting up. "Play this one for me?" She asked softly before making her way down to the stage.

Once she got to the stage, and stepped up to the mic, the music faded out. "I know getting up on stage can be a scary thing, but here their are no judgements. Sing for yourself." She said after a moment of taking in the handful of people sitting around the stage. "My name is Lilly, I come here just about every night." She spoke, pausing briefly as the music started up again. "No one's perfect, just be you." She said with a small smile before closing her eyes to feel the music and began to sing.

~What does perfect even mean?
Is there even such a thing? Oohh
Can we switch up all the rules
And imagine a utopia
Darling I'm just so fed up with These expectations,
they keep weighing me down
My heart is begging me to get the hell out of my head
I'm gonna live inside the upside down
For a minute and pretend Honey I'm a perfect ten

Woahhh, Woahhh
Honey I'm a perfect ten
Woahhh, Woahhh
And if I say it enough
It gets ingrained in my head
And I start to see...
Honey I'm a perfect ten
~

Lilly only ever sang from the heart. If she couldn't feel it, it was almost like she couldn't sing. She easily kept up with the beat, and her voice stayed in almost perfect range. Sarah smiled to herself as she listened, and noticed some of her customers start to relax, and Lilly looked a lot happier than when she first walked in.

~Yeah I've discussed it with myself
And I'm disgusted with the way
We're told to have a certain face
A certain weight, be flawless
We aren't pixels on a screen
No we're human, we breathe
Every single thing we see curated
It's overrated

These expectations, they keep weighing me down
My heart is begging me to get the hell out, of my head. I'm gonna live inside the upside down
For a minute and pretend

Honey I'm a perfect ten
Woahhh
Honey I'm a perfect ten
Woahhhh
And if I say it enough
It gets ingrained in my head
And I start to think…
Honey I'm a perfect ten

Honey I'm a perfect ten
Woahh
~

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/5 01:50:02 )
@Kory:

Sarah watched from behind the counter as she watched the newcommer take an intrest in Lilly, and it made her smile a little more. She always knew Lilly had power with her voice, this was just showing that she was right. Once he started to approach her, she kept her distance but was ready to act if he tried anything weird.

Lilly was just starting to head back to her spot at the counter when she heard a soft, timid voice and she paused in her step to look at him. Ot eas easy to tell he was nervous, with how his head was down as if he was staring at his feet. "Lilly." She said softly with a smile.

"How can I help you?" She asked politely, part of her falling into her role at the bakery when she talked to the customers, but he seemed like he wanted to get her attention for some reason or another.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/5 04:23:18 )
@Kory:

Lilly was patient as she watched and listened to the young man trying so hard to talk with her. Her cheeks when he suddenly blurted out that he thought she had a lovely voice. "Oh, um.. Thank you very much." She said calmly, blinking when he continued to try and speak.

She listened as she tried to understand what he was saying and felt her heart stop briefly when he mentioned being a musician and eventually explained that he'd wrote a song and he thought her voice would make it a hit. He really thought she sounded that good?

Lilly offered him a warm smile. "I'd love to hear it, then talk about if you want me to sing it." She offered, really wanting to hear it first. If she felt it was something she could feel in her heart, then she try to sing it.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/5 16:13:18 )
@Kory:

Lilly offered him a warm smile as he seemed to process that she'd said yes to hearing and possibly singing his song he'd written. Poor thing looked ready to faint, but here he was honestly trying to hold a conversation with her about the song.

She nodded some and looked over the business card. His name was Elias Augusta, phone number, adress.. Was this really happening? She smiled once more when he mentioned seeing her again and glanced at him. "I come here every night after work, and work down at Lil Baker's Roe." She told him gently.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/5 19:35:17 )
@Kory:

Lilly smiled as she watched Elias go and gather his things. "We can indeed meet here tomorrow night, it was a pleasure to meet you." She said as he spoke one last time before getting a to-go bag from Sarah, who thanked him for visiting.

Once he'd left, Lilly reclaimed her seat at the counter and glanced at Sarah, who had a radiant smile across her lips. "What just happened?" Lilly asked softly. The middle aged woman softened her expression and gently patted her hand. "It's like I've always said, your voice has power and someone has finally recognized it." She explained to the young woman. Blush dusted Lilly's cheeks at her words and she sipped from her tea.

"I still think it's silly to think like that.. My voice is no different than any one else's." She murmured shyly. Sarah chuckled quietly. "You'll see. Give the young man a chance." She encouraged. Lilly nodded some. "He asked if we could meet here again, I told him I come here just about every night." She said. Sarah smiled some. "So long as you don't make yourself sick." She teased lightly.

Soon, Lilly said her goodnights to Sarah and the staff and headed home to her apartment. She walked down the road and into the lobby, making her way to the elevator and pressing the button for the second floor. She then set her bag down and sat down on the couch to think about everything that had been said when Elias came to talk to her.

It didn't take long at all for her to fall asleep curled up on the couch.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/5 21:20:05 )
@Kory:

Despite having the day off, she woke early but not too early. She's fallen asleep on the couch, and glanced at the clock that read 11am. She nuzzled her head into the pillow before slowly getting up and heading into the kitchen to start a pot of coffee.

What to do with her day? She'd been given the day off because of the double she pulled yesterday..

Lilly sighed some as the aroma of fresh ground coffee beans filled her small, one bedroom apartment. It was more than enough for one person. Once she'd made her cup of coffee, she grabbed a few things to make herself some scrambled eggs with bacon and toast. She then sat down at the table in the living room and turned on her tv.

It was a little after 1pm when she finished eating and decided to get up and take a nice hot shower. She was in the shower no longer than thirty minutes, before drying off and getting dressed in some warm and casual, dark clothes to match her current choice of style.

She still had too much free time on her hands without knowing what to do with it. It was too early to head to the coffee shop. Huffing slightly to herself, she switched the tv over to the stereo she had and began to play music while she began to clean her apartment. It wasn't messy, but it had gotten a little disorganized and could use some tidying up.

Singing while she cleaned, the time began to pass quickly and by the time she'd finished it was 6pm. Lilly looked over her handy work and smile some, before putting on a coat and locking up her apartment, leaving the building and heading down the street to the coffee shop.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/5 22:25:24 )
@Kory:

Sarah glanced up at the door as it opened and smiled warmly as the young man from last night approached the counter. "Welcome back." She greeted softly as to not scare him too badly. She was ready to ring him up for the hazelnut until he changed his mind and she offered him a warm smile. "I'll get you both, on me for how happy you've made my Lilly." She spoke softly and gently pushed the wrinkled up dollars back towards him.

It'd been so long since the woman had seen her smile like she had last night. Sarah then went to get the drinks she'd promised, before he could argue.

It didn't take Lilly long to enter the warm coffee shop and pulled her coat tightly around herself. It wasn't a very thick coat, and with the temperature having dropped with the sun going down in the evening, she was still chilly.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/5 23:24:51 )
@Kory:

There was a reason Sarah decided to make both, and it brought a smile to her lips as Lilly entered the shop.

Lilly rubbed her hands together as an attempt to warm them, blinking when she barely noticed the shy hand of the familiar figure from last night. She smiled some and casually approached Elias, still rubbing her cold hands together. "Hello again." She said softly, doing her very best to keep her voice even as she shivered some. "Eli.." She repeated quietly. "It's nice to see you again." She said softly. "Oh, I couldn't ask that of you." She said politely.

Sarah soon came over with the cups of coffee's and carefully set them down on the table. "Lilly, sweetheart, are you trying to give yourself a cold?" She asked with a small frown as she looked over the young woman. Lilly shook her head and offered the woman a small smile. "I'll warm up soon, you keep it so cozy in here." She said with a quiet giggle. "Well, alright. You give a shout if you need anything." Sarah offered before leaving the two and heading back to the counter.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/6 01:04:27 )
@Kory:

Lilly smiled shyly and nodded sat in the chair next to Elias. "Thank you." She murmured, carefully taking the warm cup into her hands and blew onto the hot liquid. She sat quietly and patiently as she enjoyed the warmth of the cup, until Elias was ready to talk. When he mentioned the song, she set the cup down and carefully took the offered folder, containing the demo CD, listening attentively as he told her the name of the song and what it was about.

Sarah smiled at the two of them as she watched from the counter, only turning her attention to a few customers that came in. She was happy for them both, and hoped her parents would let her have her happiness.

Lilly nodded once he had finished and smiled warmly. "You don't have to go." She murmured softly, setting the folder down to pick up the coffee once more and sipped from the mug. "Thank you for this, and the coffee." She spoke. "I've always loved to sing.. never thought I'd meet someone who wanted me to sing their songs. It means a lot to me that you're giving me this chance." She spoke, having thought about what she wanted to say if he really wanted her to sing his song.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/6 01:46:05 )
@Kory:

Lilly wasn't usually a shy person, but when it came to her voice, only a few people actually said such good thins about her voice, her parents not being included and she couldn't get herself to think her voice was actually as good as those few people seemed to think. Eli was complete stranger, who'd heard her sing for the first time, so hus words meant a little more. He didn't know her like Sarah knew her, for instance.

Funny how the words of a stranger opened her eyes a little more. They both shared love for music as well.

She blinked when he started to say how he was new to town and began to fumble over his words and nodded lightly. "It's alright, I understand. I wouldn't mind showing you around town, within walking distance." She offered with a warm smile as she sipped from her coffee. "Not tonight though, i can meet you here tomorrow after I get off work, if you'd like." She offered gently.

She paused when he asked hiw long she'd been singing and who she trained with, and she suddenly felt more embarrassed than she had her entire life. "I um.." She murmured, blush coloring her cheeks. "I've been singing since I could talk, but I haven't trained with anyone.." She murmured softly. "I just.. Sing.." She explained softly.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/6 02:50:27 )
@Kory:

Lilly offered him a small smile when he agreed to meeting her here again tomorrow and blinked when he asked what time she got kff work. That.. was kind of important, wasn't it? "Ah, I'm sorry.. Getting ahead of myself." She giggled quietly. "I work a short day tomorrow, so I'll be here around three o'clock. Shouldn't be too cold out." She said calmly.

She could feel the tips of her ears starting to burn as he continued about how good he thought her voice was and her heart pounded against her chest. "Oh.. I.. I don't think.." She murmured. She wasn't sure what to do with herself. Talking about her voice was probably the best way to embarrass her. Perfect? It was like the song she sang last night.

What did perfect even mean?

She could feel herself start to shut down with the praises he continued to give her. "Thank you, very much Eli." Lilly spoke shyly, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. If she didn't change the subject or think of something, she wasn't sure she'd calm down enough to keep this conversation going much longer. She sipped from her warm coffee and smiled at the comfort of the warm liquid.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/6 03:39:18 )
@Kory:

Lilly slowly began to calm down as they sat in silence. She glanced at him when he suddenly apologized and shook her head lightly. "It's not you.. I promise." She said softly, sighing some and setting down her coffee. "I'm happy to have a fan, I just.. There's only a few people that have tried telling me they love my voice.. and talking about it.. As much as I love to sing, I don't think my voice is anything special." She spoke softly, part of her wondering why she was even telling him.

Maybe because she didn't want him thinking he'd done something wrong?

"Talking about my voice has always been my weakness.." Lilly explained. "Ms. Sarah has tried to tell me how much the people here love to hear my sing on open mic night.. I just never thought she was serious. My parents.." She murmured. "They've always told me I needed to grow up and stop wishing on a silly dream. So you see, I'm not used to hearing such praises.." She spoke softly, nearly missing it when he asked about a movie theater.

She shook her head lightly, then tilted her head some. "Technically yes, we do have a theater, but it's across town." She explained calmly.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/6 17:41:36 )
@Kory:

Lilly smiled some when he told her how he came to a musician. It was nice to know. Part of het wished her parents would support her, but they always told her it was a silly dream and a waist of time. "My parents tried to condition me to be a doctor." She said softly. "That's why I left home when I was old enough and got a job at the bakery. Though, Ms. Sarah has offered to let me stay with her, she's a wonderful woman." Lilly spoke with a warm smile.

She shook her head lightly when he mentioned not having a car, and noticed him shrink back into himself. "Lot's of people here don't have cars, most of everything is within walking distance if each other, so don't feel bad." Lilly smiled. "I'm saving up for a vehicle, but the thought of getting on the road scares me. Some people are so reckless.." She murmured.

Lilly blinked when she noticed the guitar case under the seat. He did say he liked to play the guitar.. "Eli." She started to say, trying to think of a way to ask without sounding weird. "I'll apologize in advance if I sound weird.. but.. May I see your guitar?" She asked softly. "N-not to touch it or anything, only look?" She asked shyly.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/6 22:00:12 )
@Kory:

Lilly smiled shyly when he spoke and nodded some. "Music is the only thing I want to do." She murmured softly. "I understand the feeling of being born to do something.." She said with a small smile.

She nodded when he mentioned hoe dangerous driving could be. "Yeah.. It's a scary thought." She murmured, turning her attention to the guitar as he pulled the instrument from the security of its case.

Her eyes lit up as he spoke about it, a warm smile on her lips. She could tell he took great care of it and hummed quietly as the strings purred when he ran his hand across them. "It's a lovely name."

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/7 00:28:53 )
@Kory:

Lilly blinked and smiled when he told her how he named the gorgeous guitar. "That's amazing." She murmured, not really have heard the story of Moses. Not the real one. "She's beautiful, Eli." She murmured softly as she watched him delicately put away the instrument.

"I'd like the hear you play, maybe when it isn't so cold outside?" She offered genuinely. Or she had a thicker coat.. She paused a moment and fished a piece of paper out of the pocket of her pants. "I can give you my address, somewhere a lot more private. It's just me." She offered with a warm smile. She didn't mind if he didn't, she just thought he'd be more comfortable away from any kind of crowd.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/7 02:51:33 )
@Kory:

Lilly pulled out a pen she'd left her pocket from work the other day, and wrote down the name of the apartments/ inn she was staying in and what number her room was. "I'm not sure if I'll get off work on time or not, but I'd like you to come over." She said as she gently pushed the papers towards him. "I should be home no later than eight o'clock tomorrow evening." She explained with a small smile.

She smiled once more when he mentioned calling it a night and shrugged lightly. "I'm in no hurry to be exposed to thr cold." Lilly said with a quiet giggle. "But, don't let me stop you if you're ready to turn in. I'm happy to see you again." She said softly.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.