Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries SECRET ART EXCHANGE 2021 [gifts posted!]

Donator — Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/21 13:51:05 )
Going to start my secret art gift tomorrow xD

About the weather topic: It's been very hot over here, as it's summer.
‘god, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young. I thought I saw you out there crying, woah-oh. I saw a lion kiss a deer, we are all lost stars trying to light up the dark.’ ~ Jungkook. / diary. text. visual. comm.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/21 18:03:07 )

@Goblin: That's living in the tropics for you. I grew up in south Florida so it was always the same for me, but I didn't complain. Not the biggest fan of the cold. Now I can handle down to about 50F. But colder than that I'm not a fan of.
@Jessamine: Today is the summer solstice for you! Enjoy it. ^^

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/21 19:13:45 )

oof sorry for the radio silence, end of semester exams and deadlines hit me like a truck ✌️
but ANYWAY... thanks everyone for checking in. we're like halfway to the deadline 👀

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/21 19:14:09 )

you guys are powerful. once it hits 50F over here I'm in bed with two duvets

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/21 19:26:15 )

@Hachi: How are you holding up? Did you finish all of your exams?
You get used to it. Also the heating is always on when it's this cold. 9

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/21 20:00:37 )

@Goblin: Do you guys ever get cold fronts? Once in a while we would, but I would think since you live on an island that probably doesn't happen.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/21 20:23:42 )

@Goblin: It can get cold in the mountains for sure. Mountain life is not for me lol
In Florida it would get cold, sometimes only in the 60's, sometimes less than that and it tended to last for 2-3 days tops. I would put on my only hoodie and be cold lol. Sometimes my parents would put on the heating. For years I literally never knew that my house could heat because my parents were cheap about that lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/21 20:47:32 )

@Goblin: Yes I would remember that. And cause the heating is on, the air is much drier which can lead to catching a cold too.
Jacksonville can for sure can cold compared to other parts of FL. The further south you go the harder it is. Like Miami I feel like never gets the cold fronts.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/21 21:07:42 )

@Hachi:
I wouldn't mind picking up some of the work if someone doesn't get their artwork for whatever reason if y'all are still taking applicants for that. I know the form was removed already, but I figured I'd shoot my shot anyway since I only want to sign up for those who don't get any artwork.

Painterly portrait.
Basic monochromatic full body.
I lost a lot of my work when my iPad bricked itself. But I had a lot of doodles, painted doodles, chibis, etc.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/22 00:03:00 )

@Fizzgig: Loving that art!

@Goblin: Miami is a great and wonderful international city and the weather is the same. Orlando is great because it's not that different, but it's a lot cheaper. Texas is really hot. Like hotter than the Caribbean lol. I was in Austin, TX in Sept one year and it never got below 94, even at night. It was like 104 during the day. Too hot for me.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/22 00:39:58 )

@Goblin: Houston and near the Gulf are humid, but other than that it's pretty dry. One side of Texas is very humid and the other side is a desert. So it just depends. I didn't like the weather at all when I was there. First day the humidity was only 28% and I could not drink enough water lol
But others like it drier than me and have no problem with it. Where were you thinking in Texas again?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/22 01:15:26 )

@Goblin: Some people like it and some people know. I guess you will learn once you move. One piece of advice is that you will need to drink more water/fluids than you are used to.
Yeah Jan is kinda risky. I'm sure March would be a good time. Probably safer. Your parents could come and see you after you have moved in.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/22 01:51:33 )

@Fizzgig: hey yeah you're more than welcome! we'd love the help!
may I ask if there are any things you are not willing to draw?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/22 01:56:50 )

@Totalanimefan: my exams and big deadlines are over, I just gotta finish up some recordkeeping for the project I was working on, and then write some thank-you cards and I'm FREE.....
how are your classes going?

Goblin too true adlkfj so many times I've wanted to literally stuff myself inside a refrigerator

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/22 02:20:55 )

@Goblin: oh that’s good. That should help you in your new climate when you move.
That’s my parents too. My dad never came to see me in CA and my mom did once after a big fight over it. She came once. I lived there for 5 years. Now I’m on the east coast again (and happy about that) and my mom has come to see me because it’s ‘only’ a 3 hour car drive away.
I hope your parents would be able to come and see you after you move. How long is the flight?

@Hachi: Awesome news! How long until you have your degree?
My studying this month kinda got messed up. So I did 3 classes thanksgiving weekend before Thanksgiving day. But then after my family left I only had a few days before England so I didn’t do any classes. Obvs during England I didn’t study either but then I got sick last week with a cold. I tried studying but nothing was sticking. I was too sick. Now I think I’m good enough. Did a few hours today and yesterday but it’s not the same and it’s Christmas week. I think I might take it causal tomorrow and then study after Christmas holidays.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/22 02:37:11 )

@Goblin: that makes sense. It’s 3 hours from FL to TX.
Yeah I know. I was flying to the east coast like 4 times a year when I lived in CA (not always to see them). I was pretty mad at my parents. My dad was going to come one of the years but then he had a really high tax bill and couldn’t come. (My parents are divorced)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/22 03:25:50 )

DYING please no that's legit one of my irrational fears, freezer rooms scare the shit out of me

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/22 03:31:23 )

@Totalanimefan: uhhHHHH haha like... 5-6 more years?
oh man, I wouldn't want to study right now either asldfkj my brain peaced out two weeks ago. take a break! it sounds like you've worked hard so definitely enjoy the holidays.
it sucks that you got sick after your trip tho. that's the worst

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/22 03:35:10 )

ALDKFJ BIG MOOD
the reason Im like this is bc the freezer room at school had a sign that said the same thing!! FEAR........

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/22 03:53:15 )

@Hachi: what wait?! Why so long?
Thank you. I was pretty mad that I got sick from my in-laws but whatever. I’m almost fully recovered now. ^^;
@Goblin: yeah I wasn’t mad cause my dad tried. It was my mom did just totally didn’t. I didn’t really get her deal about it. after I had come like 7 times the least you can do is come once. Now I own a place in DC and people come to see me all the time and they never came out to CA XD
What are you doing for the holidays? ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.