Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests .:`* [Vegan's Wishlist] - [Updated: August 18th, 2022] - [Come keep me company!] *`:.

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/18 05:42:59 )
Hey friends, it's been a while, the list is up to date as of March 2022.
Today I am going to see my nutritionist to talk about my plan of action to get healthier.
(I don't need anyone to be negative on this by saying, "Well you're a vegan, how can you be unhealthy on plants.")

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/19 06:02:38 )

@Vegan: that’s great and it’s nice to see you again.

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/19 21:27:29 )
@Totalanimefan:
You as well! Thank you! I hope you're doing okay?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/22 17:00:39 )

@Vegan: yeah I am sorry about the wait I had company over I’m really enjoying the fact that it’s spring now!

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/4 11:07:07 )
@Totalanimefan:
No worries! Life happens. I got very busy myself.
It was sunny for a few days then we got snow, so did UK apparently.
Today is just cold-ish, overcast and some rain (which I love).

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/4 11:08:33 )
Wishlist updated: April 4th, 2022
Massive thanks to @kiwi: & @Shy: for recent gifts!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/4 14:40:26 )

@Vegan: Good that you got the weather you like. We had an arctic blast last week and I did not like that lolol
As for this week, I got Rona. T_T

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/6 21:31:24 )
@Totalanimefan:
Oh no! I hope you recover soon! ;o;
It's been raining here lately and it's so calm.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/6 21:35:14 )

@Vegan: Thank you. Each day I've been getting better, but also different symptoms each day. Very weird. I can't wait to get my energy back. Right now all I can do is walk to the bathroom and go downstairs to get water for myself. No energy to cook or even make tea. I have to lay down more than half my waking hours. I will say that today is my best day so far though.
It's been rainy this week which I welcome while I'm stuck inside. Kinda matches my mood, but also it's making all of the plants and trees bloom. It's spring! And the humidity is good for my throat.

What have you been up to?

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/6 21:47:56 )
@Totalanimefan:
No problem! That's never any fun (having no energy to even make tea or cook)!
That's good that today is going decent for you though. Today has been so off and odd.

Learned from my husband that the food we prepped me yesterday? Had mold.
Turns out? I used the pasta sauce I accidentally left out vs the one I put in the fridge. D:

Otherwise, I've been sticking to eating foods and not cooking with oil, some foods still have it.
But, my brain fog is mostly gone, also haven't had gluten and am feeling SO much better.

Tonight's dinner was brown rice pasta with; carrots, celery, crumbled tofu kale, mushrooms, onions & zucchini.
I added a premade marinara for sauce and at the end topped it with fresh basil, sriracha & nutritional yeast.

Also found my love of balsamic vinegar again, could literally drink it straight, but, I shouldn't. ^__^;
The one I found gives me big nostalgia for when my mom and I would eat at this Italian restaurant.

They'd give you sliced whole wheat sourdough bread and on the side was balsamic and oil to dip it in.
Ugh, I am drooling. I cannot wait to experiment with making gluten-free baked bread at home.

Speaking of my mother, I got to talk to her and dad today, that got stressful.
They have to mail me a new SIM card as Sprint no longer is a thing & they don't understand electronics.

Also had to explain how to put Facebook Messenger on speaker as well as how they can call me there.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/6 21:54:45 )

@Vegan: well that sucks. Nothing like taking the time to make food you can’t enjoy.

Sprint was bought by t-mobile. I’m not sure why you had to get a new sim unless t-mobile is making people go that. I guess you could google about the changes.

I love balsamic as well! I do the bread dripping thing and it’s just the best! Especially if the bread is warm.

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/6 22:45:13 )
@Totalanimefan:
Right?! Round 2 turned out better anyways I am sure as we took our time with it.
Ugggghh yesss warm bread dipped in balsamic is truly chefs kiss, a masterpiece!

I was aware T-Mobile bought them, there is T-Mobile over here in the Netherlands.
They told my parents to update to their service as we have Sprint SIM cards?
That it would be important to have their own SIM cards. (Which, I mean, okay.. sure.)

I told my parents it would be best to see if they put the SIM card into the new phone they sent for me.
(They being T-Mobile) - More than anything, I would just need my parents' info for T-Mobile to activate.

They seem to think that won't work, but, I know if I took the phone in with SIM Card they sent already
(one they mailed me when T-Mobile said I'd need a new one and not Sprints, eye-roll, I know)
then take it into the location here, they could activate it easier over here, but, my parents are still worried.

So I said, "Well, if you activate the phone there? Keep it there, mail me just the SIM Card & I will get phone eventually."
They just worry that it won't "work that way" when I know that it will, especially if I am putting it in my old phone.

Or, if I had to have a new phone? My husband and I can easily accommodate for that vs them paying $200 for shipping.

You would think, their daughter/child, now 31 (turning 32 in July) who has worked on computers from age of 5 no less,
would UNDERSTAND how these things WORK, and if you don't trust your DAUGHTER CHILD? Has a husband.
Who works in IT, by the way, understands electronics and how most things work or function.

But, no, I get their concerns. It's just... frustrating.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/6 23:43:33 )

@Vegan: I'm not even that hungry with Rona, but even that sounds good to me. I love bread and I love different vinegars, so it's just the perfect combo.

But why wouldn't that work lol, whatever I guess. Just let them do it the way they understand it. If they feel comfortable going into stores, they could just ask a person working at their local store? But I guess it's all done with now anyway? And I agree with you on how it should/would work. Because that's how it works, but whatevs haha.

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/1 16:20:00 )
@Totalanimefan:
That isn't fun, today? I haven't felt too well, woke up with a migraine.
My stomach has been sensitive as well lately, so, not sure what's up with that. D;

Update on the phone saga, my American SIM Card registers there is a SIM Card, finally, BUT!
Sadly? It doesn't connect to any of the towers here, even the T-Mobile one itself. D:

My husband + myself came to the conclusion, that it's not long-distance enabled, so!
I plan on telling my parents about that more as my husband messaged them and dad called on FB.

I was asleep when he called. So, that's a thing. Fingers crossed he can talk to them today.
I should make my dinner as I am hungry, but, also feeling fairly dizzy/tired.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/2 00:32:40 )

@Vegan: Well both of those things suck, are you feeling any better yet?
Wow, it's still not completely sorted, that's crazy.
Obvs, I'm healed from Rona, but I have long covid and so does my husband.

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/3 19:08:12 )
@Totalanimefan:
Long COVID sounds horrible! I am sorry loves.
I am doing okay now, had a few days of full headaches.
(Pretty sure it's from having gluten a few days, always happens).

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/3 19:49:18 )

@Vegan: Yes it is horrible. I hope that you don't get it.
Headaches because of gluten sounds horrible. How long until it goes away?

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/6 22:22:20 )
@Totalanimefan:

If I am sticking to whole foods (+no enzymes) vs replacements? 2 days.
If I am still eating replacements (but taking enzymes)? 3 maybe.
If I don't take my enzymes + eat replacements? 1 week is max.
If I take enzymes + eat cleaner the rest of the day? 2-4 days.

They don't prevent me from getting issues, it just means it helps things move faster.
(Not bathroom-wise, just the breakdown of gluten/gluten-based grains in my gut flora).

When I saw an acupuncturist (intimidating for me as I HATE needles, yet, want tattoos),
I wanted to ask him about possibly cutting out gluten/gluten-based grains as they made me sick so often.
Before I could say it, he asked me, "Do you happen to eat a lot of gluten or seitan (vital wheat gluten)?"

I was shocked, didn't say anything yet, he already reads me like a book at this point, I said,
"I mean, seitan? Sometimes, but, I stick to brown rice pasta or noodles vs gluten ones and-"
He cut me off to say, "I mean breads, crackers, but, pasta? Good job, stick to that please."
So I said, "Oh, yea, sometimes I do- I was going to actually talk to you about that, I noticed...-"

He cut me off and said, "Cut it out." I was shocked laying there on the table, I said, "For a month or-?"
He said, "No, permanently. Does it hurt when I push here?" (specific spot he pushed) I nodded
He said, "And you get a lot of brain fog, migraines you told me, I am certain these are linked."

This was all back in November 2018. I wish I listened to him sooner, but, he did help me find enzymes.
Those enzymes I took were made in Oregon (E3: Live - all Vegan) and so when I moved here?
I had to find some Vegan based enzymes here for times I'd still consume gluten (if eating w/ in-laws, etc).

Present-day? I noticed when I went very low fat+oil (best as I don't have a gallbladder) + no gluten in April?
(Despite my few times I slipped up) I felt so much more energy, no migraines, and less brain fog.

I need to jump back on that train (sticking to whole foods, no replacements, and as low as I can oil).
I also have been learning how to make stuff without oil and water sautéeing has made food taste WAY better.
(Better as in, I feel like when I first switched my lifestyle and I could actually SMELL the roses+lavender in my parents' garden).

Life is going well though, I have also cut way down on caffeine, so, not as much caffeine 'hangovers'.
(Never had hangovers when I would drink alcohol and I am glad I don't drink anymore as of late 2018).

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/7 19:47:30 )

@Vegan: I read your longer update and it's good that you found something, but honestly that must be really tough. Gluten is everywhere and it can also be hard to be vegan depending on where you live and what you can buy at the store.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/8 22:12:18 )
@Totalanimefan:
Not too difficult as long as I stick to nuts/seeds/legumes/gluten-free grains/fruits/veggies. ^__^;
It's a lot more difficult as gluten as you said is everything. Thankfully? I've found a lot I love.
Also, as a personal preference, I just enjoy brown rice pasta more than wheat-based. xD;
Anyways, hope you've been well lovely? How are things going for you lately?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.