Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature What are you currently reading?

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/27 09:19:11 )
ATM none, but I got an interesting book from my grandma for christmas that I'll probably read sometime.

It's a dutch book, and I'm not sure how tobe explain what it is about in english, haha. But what I do know to explain is that it's a thriller book, and it's about 6 missing children who return 12 years later, all except one.

And yeah, I so far read one page. I'm not much of a reader anymore, though.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/28 23:50:17 )

Cause of death : a writer's guide to death, murder, and forensic medicine by Keith D. Wilson

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 20:32:33 )
been a little while since I've had the time to sit down and read, but I recently reread like, all of Petshop of Horrors and as much of New Petshop of Horrors as I could find....

honestly one of my top manga of all time and once I get a free moment I'm going to draw some fanart for it... which is rare for me... that's how much I love it

if you guys love pretty 90s bishounen/bishoujo manga with horror and comedy elements, it's a weird and good experience c;

young dumb and full of crumbs

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/4 17:56:59 )

I am currently reading Fable: Edge of the World by Christie Golden. I got it as a Christmas gift in 2017, but am just getting around to it, lol.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/11 16:54:32 )

Just finished The Hidden Witch by Molly Knox Ostertag. I read it in one sitting when I meant to spread it out over a few days.

pls don't

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/8 04:48:33 )

Just finished reading the first book of the Wereworld series.
Need to get the rest of those.

Voltie — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/7 07:14:47 )
Ahhh so I’m reading this cute lil romance book called “the summer house” by Jenny Hale! It’s super sweet and kind of your generic love story that you’d find in the grocery stores...but it’s so lovely and makes me feel like I’m right on the beach. I also keep picking up my copy of Sylvia Plaths journal for brief amounts of time.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/9 04:01:19 )
I just finished listening to an audiobook of The Legend of Drizzt by R.A. Salvatore.
It was a fun listen.

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/10 21:00:14 )
╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍
Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman. Second book in the Scythe series.
Utopian future with dark undertones of corruption. Good stuff.

╍╍Gʀᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢꜱ Fʀᴏᴍ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍Tʜᴇ Lᴏɴᴇʟʏ Cɪᴛʏ╍╍
Pʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ @ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴀ ʀᴇꜱᴘᴏɴꜱᴇ.

Voltie — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 18:40:31 )
Princess Jellyfish! Fujoshi coming out of their shells and making clothes with a cross-dressing rich boy!
Goodbye Have a beautiful time!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/24 20:53:09 )
I'm about a quarter of the way through "King of Scars" by Leigh Bardugo.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/26 04:18:03 )
Last weekend I made a trip to the used bookstore and loaded up on lots of goodies! It sounds crazy, but we have no used bookstores where we live, so any time I travel, I visit the used bookstores to find some uncommon treasures. This time I found a stack of books by Donna Jo Napoli. I love her! Her writing is brilliant. She does a lot of fairytale retellings and they're so unique. Right now I'm reading "Sirena," her retelling of The Little Mermaid.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/31 02:57:25 )

A book I had on hold at my library for 6 weeks finally came available. It's called The Woman in the Window. I'm not expecting it to be amazing or anything, but I like to read the super popular books so I have something to talk about with my boyfriend's sister. I'm currently around page 50.

Voltie — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/31 03:35:27 )
howls moving castle

i finally got my hands on this book :'))

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/31 08:04:50 )
The sex god method. purely because it was controversial and the amount of drama in the reviews on goodreads.

Voltie — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 03:54:16 )
I just finished a book called The Siren by Tiffant Reisz. Its an Adult romance book but it was really tastefully done. i have the next book in the series coming tomorrow

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/9 04:47:34 )

I started reading The Great Alone a few days ago. It's a good book, but I'm having a hard time getting through it because the father is so much like the way my father was... I'm about 55% into it.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/9 20:34:08 )
I started reading The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. It was gifted to me by my writing class teacher and so far, I'm liking it.
Lucifer's Pet

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/21 11:01:35 )
The other night, I finished Bright Ruin, the last book in a trilogy by Vic James.

I've now started on a collection of novels by H.G. Wells. I'm a sci-fi junkie.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/21 13:19:14 )

I am almost finished with book 4 of the Wereworld series. About to start book 5.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.