Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/24 02:57:48 )
So, it's been a while since I've been on here... I'm hoping to get back on regularly.
I got a job about two years ago and honestly, it consumed my life for a long time.
Plus my hubby is pushing me to do things other than stare at TikTok after work so there's that XD

I'm always down to chat and I was thinking about getting back into roleplaying but I haven't done that in ages so I don't know how well I would do honestly. Plus I can only post after work really, and I work 8-5 central time.

Anyways, why is this titled Awkward?
Mainly because I don't know what to post and I feel pretty awkward.

But hello, I am back! XD

Artist Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/24 08:17:52 )
@MimikyuToo: welcome back! Life happens, we understand that :)
What was the job you got? (If you don’t mind me asking) do you enjoy it at least?

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/24 18:52:40 )

@MimikyuToo: Yay you made the thread. ^^ Voltra can be as chill or laid back as you want. Don't stress over a thread title or coming back after a big break. ^^ Things can be like you never left in the first place.
What's your job like? Do you like it?
I just started a new one at the beginning of the month. I'm still in training.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/25 00:23:30 )

@Ruby: Thank you! Life does happen more than I would like to admit xD
And I work as peer support in a mental health institution. I love my job but it definitely takes a lot of my time and effort.

@Totalanimefan: I did make a thread XD And I'll keep that in mind. My job can be high-stress at times but it's pretty cool. I enjoy it a lot actually.
Oh? Congratulations! I hope you enjoy it! Do you mind me asking what you do?

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/25 00:29:31 )

@MimikyuToo: I saw more about your job with your other reply. It does seem like it would be stressful but rewarding. The internet can be a good place to chill.
Thanks! I do like that. I work for a transit agency and I work in on audits. Not that interesting but the pay is good and I like supporting public transit in general as I'm living car-free in DC.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/25 00:46:35 )

@Totalanimefan: Yea it can be but it's definitely rewarding. I just have to upkeep my self care, which is why I thought "Oh I could go back to Voltra!"
Ooooh that's pretty cool actually! And it's good to work with something you're passionate about!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/25 01:01:34 )

@MimikyuToo: I struggle with that, but in 2022 I worked hard to try and do more self care, but in the beginning I didn't know what to do. I don't think that I have all the answers but I found that journaling what I wanted to, not like a set rigid schedule because that's stressful, but just when I felt like it. I tend to do it like twice a week. And I got a few facials lately. That's been very nice, at home I also am better at taking care of my skin cause of what I learned. Then I also try to do things I like, like Voltra, or Pokemon Go or video games. ^^

Thank you. I feel lucky in that sense. It could end up only being half a year if they don't get the budget to keep me, but they are already fighting for me since I'm learning quickly. Also the pay is very good. Much more than I was getting paid before the pandemic (and before I had a 4-year degree, got that in Sept 2022)

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/25 01:20:42 )

@Totalanimefan: Ahhhh that's awesome! I'm still trying to find my groove of things that work for me for self-care. I know that I use to love forum sites but trying to find a balance between work and self-care had me doing easier things like face masks, watching movies, coloring, and playing video games. Social interactions just kind of drained me in the beginning but I feel like I'm in a better place now, plus I finally have a computer again which is a big help. I suck at skin routines, I know they're important but I just can't seem to find one that I'll follow through with xD

That's great to hear! I love that they're fighting to keep you! Also congratulations on getting your degree, that's no easy feat and during the pandemic too! :O That's super awesome! And I'm glad they pay more than your old job!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/25 01:42:12 )

@MimikyuToo: Yeah what makes it hard is that it's different for everyone and when you are tired you don't want to have to figure out what they are.
I'm sure as long as you are washing your face and putting on moisturizer you are good. And also sunscreen when you are outside. Coloring is a nice one that I haven't done in a while. I should start again.

Thank you. I worked really hard to finish my degree. It's something I always wanted but when I was younger I had to drop out of college. I felt very proud to walk that day. I'm also happy I'm getting paid more, I honestly felt under paid before but I couldn't really complain even though I had the exp cause I didn't have the degree. It's dumb that we pay people more just cause of their schooling, but it's true.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/25 01:50:01 )

@Totalanimefan: That's very true honestly. And I try washing my face regularly and putting moisturizer on but not all the time. Sunscreen, definitely need it but don't... mostly because of the smells of the ones I've tried. They all smell really bad ;A;

Awww I'm glad you went back and got it ;w; that's awesome! I'm proud of you! and getting paid more is the bomb lol I wouldn't doubt if you were underpaid, unfortunately, a lot of jobs underpay for what the job actually is. Especially if they know you don't have a degree/certificate/etc. And I agree, I think that experience and work ethics should be considered. Like, give raises every now and then when someone's working really hard and doing well.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/25 01:54:58 )

@MimikyuToo: I think that's good enough. If you don't have dry or oily skin you might not always need moisturizer. As for the sunscreen, head to Target if you are in the US and try to find one that's meant for your face. I've had better luck with the more expensive ones but I don't know your budget. I use the brand Supergoop and I love it. I get the Unseen Sunscreen and it's one of the few my husband will wear.

I agree about the underpaying. I'm doing almost the same job as before (different company, and I do have a degree now) and I'm getting paid almost double what I was before and I had the recruiter be like, is the pay ok with you? I didn't tell them what I got paid in the past, but yeah. That really worked out for me haha. Right now I'm putting the extra money into savings. I'm going to buy a house this year with my husband.
Raises need to be more common. Lots of people leave their job because you make more money joining a new company than you get from yearly raises. Inflation was 10% last year, if one didn't receive a 10% raise, in a way they got a pay cut.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/25 02:06:50 )

@Totalanimefan: It seems to work pretty well, though my face gets irritated at work because I have to wear a mask a lot. But I digress. I will definitely go to target the next time I'm near one and try to find one. I might try the supergoop xD It sounds pretty interesting.

Oh wow, double the pay is a lot, and it was probably a smart idea that you didn't tell them xD Businesses are weird and would probably be like "Well actually" XD Oooh saving is a smart idea. I'm currently saving up for a drawing tablet for my computer xD I need to probably put more into our emergency savings... But that sounds super cool! Do y'all have a house in mind already or are y'all going to save up and kind of look at what's in the market in your range when you save up finally?
I never really thought about it that way but honestly facts xD

Donator — she/they/him Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/25 02:10:49 )

welcome back
c:
life happens~

what kind of rp's are you into?

☥ "Think of me when you look at the night sky" ☥

leave me msgs here

The Crooked Dog Inn

plz ping me!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/25 04:03:58 )

@MimikyuToo: Sorry, I went to watch the Miami Heat NBA game, they won! Yay
Anyway, I highly recommend the Unseen Sunscreen. It's not lotion based so it feels very different on the skin. It's tough when you have to wear a mask a lot. I have very dry skin and I still get maskne.

Yeah it's just a few dollars short of double. :) Just goes to show how under paid I was before. This one does have a little bit more responsibility but not that much. It's pretty much the same job. I didn't become a manager or anything like that. It's nice to save for fun things and rainy days too. I made sure that I had money in savings cause of the house buying and cause my husband works in tech. He works very hard, so I don't see them getting rid of him, but what if.
We had a house before but our neighbors were horrible. Like full on crazy. So we sold the house at the end of 2022. We signed a contract for a new condo that should be done in April or May. And my sister is moving in with us when that's finished.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/25 16:29:06 )
Hi, Welcome back. <3
I think we've all been through the 'afk, rl is busy' type hiatuses.

Congrats on such a great job. I love people who work for the public, especially for mental health. I can imagine there are hard days and rewarding days. o3o

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/25 16:42:52 )

@Totalanimefan: I hate wearing masks but if it means I get to do my job it's great. XD

That's good that it's basically the same job. Makes for things to be a bit easier.
Waaah that's awesome, and yea tech jobs are pretty secure jobs in todays world but I get the what ifs.
Sorry about the crazy neighbors but glad you're getting a condo. Awesome that your sister is moving in too...
Well I hope it's awesome lol

@Koah: Thank you!
And yea I guess you're right xD Life gets overwhelming

Thank you, and that's awesome lol there are definitely hard days but it is such a rewarding job.

Also, your avatar is gorgeous!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/26 00:00:49 )

@MimikyuToo: Yeah true facts. I don't mind wearing them overall and I still do in public.

Thank you. 2022 had a lot of growth for me with getting used to getting back into the world, finishing school, and getting a job (although I didn't start until Jan). I think for 2023 there will still be a lot of change too, but I think I want this year to be more stable? Keep a job, move into a home I live in for a long time, live with my sister again (we get along really well and my husband and her get along really well too)

Is there anything that you want for the year, or things that you are looking forward to?

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/26 00:10:34 )

@Totalanimefan: Aww that's awesome! I think for 2023, I want to be more mentally stable xD I have a lot of good days but then something like today happens and I snap and go home crying. Which isn't very adult of me xD but I want to be more stable mentally for sure and I want to get back into art.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/26 00:50:41 )

@MimikyuToo: I’ve cried at work before too! From stress, or anger or bullying. I hope that your mental health can improve. I’m seeing a therapist again (I was before the pandemic). Maybe that could help you? Art is awesome too.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/26 00:59:33 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeaaa there was a whole situation today with a gossiper and yea I ended up crying and going home. I'm seeing a therapist right now and I have grown a lot I just want to grow more, you know? And yea the pandemic really made seeing therapist and stuff hard ;A; Art is awesome xD I might try doodling on my ipad with my finger, but I don't know how well the art will come out ya know?
Hangout || Questing
Please ping me if I don't reply.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.