Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/31 02:11:56 )

@MimikyuToo: oh. That is very far lol. I think maybe you would want to take a flight? Lol

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/31 02:28:24 )

@Totalanimefan: I've actually never been on a plane in my entire life XD
I think I'll try a short flight first before flying other places.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/31 02:34:55 )

@MimikyuToo: I flight 2 hours or under would be good for the first time. I think it’s an easy thing to be nervous about but data wise it’s actually the safest way to travel by a long shot. :)

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/31 02:37:47 )

@Totalanimefan: That's what I was kind of thinking. I think my anxiety is a problem with it. Honestly, I know statistically it's safest but in my head I'm going to fall out of the sky xD But I think maybe a small flight would be the smartest idea at first to see if I can handle it or not xD

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/31 02:40:21 )

@MimikyuToo: you could always take something to relax you. Lots of people do that.
I can see how it would be easy to think that. I like looking out the window cause the view is often pretty. Maybe you should skip that part.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/31 02:50:38 )

@Totalanimefan: Hahaha, that's true, my husband said I could always take a benadryl.
Though I don't think /that/ specifically would help xD I do have anxiety meds I could take.
Ooof yea I think that would be for the best xD I have a fear of falling so that's probs the problem.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/31 03:09:51 )

@MimikyuToo: I think anxiety meds could help you. ^^ make sure you pick an asle seat ^^;

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/31 03:17:51 )

@Totalanimefan: aye aye xD I definitely will keep that in mind when I fly.
Maybe look into statistics more before I fly as well xD
Have you flown a lot?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/31 20:56:23 )
    I take a cbd gummy when I'm headed to an airport. It's not the flying that causes me stress, but the actual airport process and making sure everything is timed well. It's just the timing and being behind that one group of people who didn't think the rules applied to them.

Short commercial flights are pretty easy--usually the same kind of airport process if it's not international, but if it's just a short trip then you don't have to worry about bags. I had a short trip recently through the U.S./Québec that was pretty easy, even with customs. I've been in some small planes before and I can't say I really enjoyed those. Back home, you usually travel around the state through small planes and they're like these little tin cans just sort of being whisked around.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/31 22:29:33 )

@blue: I, unfortunately, don't take CBD because it can still make you pop on a drug screen which I signed a paper at work saying I could be randomly drug screened. So I avoid them. Timing stresses me out too honestly.

I was planning my first trip to be here in America, where I live because the time to fly to other countries (besides Mexico and Canada) seems to have waaay long flight times. Which seems intimidating to me right now. but oh wow, small planes that are like cans in the wind sound scary xD

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/1 20:08:10 )
blue:
    I take a cbd gummy when I'm headed to an airport. It's not the flying that causes me stress, but the actual airport process and making sure everything is timed well. It's just the timing and being behind that one group of people who didn't think the rules applied to them.
This is me 💯 I don't stress at all once I'm actually on the plane, but the process is stressful to me.
@MimikyuToo: Part of my reply is above lol. Also I have flown a lot. Before the pandemic I would fly between the West coast of the US to the East like 4 times a year. So 8 flights around trip, and it's about 6 hours from SF to anywhere on the east coast, FL, NY, DC, PA. My family is/was all on the East coast, so whenever I wanted to see them, and come to Otakon I had to fly.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/1 21:21:43 )

@Totalanimefan: Huh, I've never been through the process but my fear is falling to my death which is why airplanes scare me so much ^-^; Wow, you flew a lot :O awww I miss my family a lot, we drive to see them but they're not as far away as your family is.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/1 22:48:48 )

@MimikyuToo: How far do you have to drive to see them?

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/2 00:37:57 )

@Totalanimefan: About 5 hours, they live in a small town in the state over.
I would fly but we would still have to drive like 2 hours from the nearest airport.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/2 16:21:52 )

@MimikyuToo: that’s pretty far to drive for an airport. I would say anything that’s under an 8 hour drive isn’t really worth a flight in my opinion. Cause you have to drive to the airport and then get there two hours early then do all the stuff like TSA and on the other side figured out how you are getting from the airport to wherever you are going.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/3 00:43:05 )

@Totalanimefan: Huh, I'll definitely keep that in mind when I decide to choose my first "Short flight" xD
I'm hoping we will try sooner than later but life kinda chooses for us I think xD

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/3 01:27:33 )

@MimikyuToo: True, and maybe go with a friend or partner or family member that doesn't freak out when flying. It's a lot to do alone.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/3 01:34:23 )

@Totalanimefan: Honestly I probably will go with my hubby.
But I don't know how much help he would be xD
I think I'll take anxiety meds before the plane ride.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/3 02:02:02 )

@MimikyuToo: Good ideas. You guys should go somewhere that interests you, maybe like a romantic getaway?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/3 02:12:52 )

@Totalanimefan: I've always wanted to go to Seattle Washington tbh
That's where I would be like "Oh yea let's do this".
He's down for all the food spots there xD
Hangout || Questing
Please ping me if I don't reply.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.