Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Creative Endeavours [Hangout for all]

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/1 21:28:21 )
Well at least you're a mod now, means someone noticed it and your efforts right?:) Just keep tryin' , people will come to other people, so the more individuals you attract, the more groups of people will follow.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/1 21:29:52 )

@Majesticles: I know~
And I'm really not worried about it ^ ^
As long as there are a couple people to chat in here, all good for me. Simply because it's somewhere that anyone can come and get volts... assuming someone else is online, LOL.

Also, love your username. XD

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/1 21:31:35 )
@Lady Luna: Ah thanks:) It's been a username I wanted to use for a long time, never found a place to use it though. And yeah, seems that people didn't abandon the site wholesale so I'm sure there'll be people around.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/1 21:34:08 )

@Majesticles: Lol. I can see why you wanted to use it. XD
It's definitely one that people would likely chuckle at, if only because of reasons. XDDD

And yeah. Volt has a really devoted fanbase it seems, which is freaking awesome. I mean, come on. I found a place to hide out and live, so plzplzplzplzplzplzplz don't die. LOL.
I'm willing to bet that there are others in the same boat as I am too, with that. XDD

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/1 21:36:28 )
@Lady Luna: I had a lot of doubts about it actually coming back, the activity on discord was rather...sparse at best. Only very few select people talking at all. So it came as a mild shock that it actually returned. Also seems there's A LOT of staff around nowadays.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/1 21:41:28 )

@Majesticles: So did I, actually.
I've never seen a site die, then be revived. It's ... actually it's a wonderful change from the standard online.

And I know what you mean. The public discord channels were, as you said, sparse. The staff ones though... well, those that COULD do anything [namely Fozzy, Beautiful, Item techs, etc] were busy little bees behind the scenes. ^ ^

Fozzy was pretty quick to get the domain for the relaunch too, then it was a matter of just getting everything moved over, getting all the ducks in a row, etcs. Which took a bit, yes, but anything coding related, you can't really expect it to be instant, I don't think!

At least that's MY understanding.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/1 21:45:04 )
@Lady Luna: Nice to see so many people come together and help out. And fast action was definitely the right choice...though it still took so loooong to get it back:( But we're here now and we gotta make what we can with what we've got.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/1 21:47:02 )

@Majesticles: And with any luck, we won't be goin' down again~<3
Since it seems that Beautiful is better and more reliable than Baz was. > >
So I really do think that Volt's here to stay for awhile this time~<3

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/1 21:48:00 )
@Lady Luna: That would be nice because the last time it went down about a...week after I joined? Was somewhat of a downer, perhaps 2 weeks, not exactly sure.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/1 21:49:25 )

@Majesticles: Oh! You're a more recent addition to the site, huh? I didn't know.
Well, at least now you can really get a taste for the community and what this site has to offer then!
Plus you can watch it grow. There are a few things that are planned to be coded and released [if all goes well] during this round of Alpha [which I THINK is just the month of February, but please do not quote me on that].

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/1 21:52:27 )
@Lady Luna: I'm actually new to avatar sites in general, mostly just looking to talk to people and sort of wandered in here...then it went down. Quite enjoyed all the drama though, lots of laughs were had, but now it's back and I can continue talking to people normally:P

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/1 21:54:25 )

@Majesticles: New to avi sites, huh?
I didn't know there were people out there that were still unfamiliar with this territory. LOL.

Seriously though, cool =)
What other ones have you been on?

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/1 21:56:10 )
@Lady Luna: Avi sites? None, first one this. I've seen a few through my wife though. And yeah, completely unfamiliar with the type of people, or what to even do on these sites. So far the people seem nice:)

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/1 21:59:29 )

@Majesticles: Ohhhh, fair enough!
Just... uhhh.... stay FAR away from Gaia. LOL.
That place is pretty... uhh... toxic.

But smaller more personable sites like here are pretty cool. The people generally tend to be reasonable, levelheaded, not so much drama-llama's like you'll find on Gaia, because a lot of us want a site that is NOT gaia. XD lol.
Most of us aren't fond of the crowds that Gaia draws in. Soooooo
Good choice~<3

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/1 22:02:45 )
@Lady Luna: Oh I heard that Gaia is huge, big places attract a lot of bad apples. Not that this place doesn't have any...but easier to root out when it's smaller right? Hope I don't become one, I have been known to be a bit trolly at times.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/1 22:04:19 )

@Majesticles: Lol. I'm sure you'll be fine!
As long as you don't step on toes in a serious manner, that is.

I was on another site and there was someone with slenderman full stuff... yet had an issue with a freaking pentagram in an image, saying it denoted devil worship. Like wut?

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/1 22:06:27 )
@Lady Luna: I love challenging people that take themselves too seriously in these places, and stepping on their toes hard. Sometimes power gets to people's heads and it can be really amusing to...poke them a bit. They need to figure out that it's all about fun in the end:)

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/1 22:09:06 )

@Majesticles: Ok, that's different.
But if you step on people's toes in the sense of goin' around sayin' women are nothing and the gays should all burn or some shit..... that would probably get you in trouble.

Pokin' the bear in fun is totally cool though. XD

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/1 22:11:05 )
@Lady Luna: Oh why would I ever behave like that, I've got nothing against anyone:) That's life choices, being too serious about a happy place where people come to chat or get help from friends is...wrong, wish people could be relaxed all the time.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/1 22:14:52 )

@Majesticles: So do I, darlin'.
I mean... come on.
Why the hell can't people just chill from time to time?
I get that there are stressors everywhere, and all the time, but.... you'd think people would be able to just step back, breathe for a moment, and maybe realize that they can't deal with shit as they are, OR can't do anything because of whatever it is being out of their power.

And beyond that.
Places where people are happy, why the hell do people sometimes feel the need to spoil it?
Like...
seriously.
It just makes no sense to me.

But! While voltra does get some serious discussions sometimes (and there have been people who were ... mmmm..... melodramatic, I suppose) most people are pretty reasonable.
So for an introduction to avi sites (sites like this), you picked a good one. You might have a hard time with others because they aren't this awesome. XD

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.