Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Creative Endeavours [Hangout for all]

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/2 01:35:40 )
@Lady Luna: Now I am debating if I want to give drawn freebies. XD But I really don't feel like it.

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/2 01:53:18 )
I finished it. Not sure if the image will work since I am on my phone.
Just incase the image doesn't work.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/2 02:27:26 )

@Queen Prisma: One: THAT IS ADORABLE
Two: Really shouldn't have been on lined paper, but I can remove those, I THINK
Three: If you don't wanna do freebies, don't!
Although you could always have it that you have a thread somewhere that you do random freebies if someone catches your eye or something.

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/2 02:35:10 )
@Lady Luna: Thanks. :)
As for the lined paper, it was the closest thing to me, lol. I might color it in on Sai later, but I might not. I'm still debating on how I want to color it. Been experimenting on coloring techniques a lot lately. The chibis in this was the experiment. Ignore the pixel cat. XD I just threw that in there, was a freebie for someone.

And this is true, I could do that. It's just the last time I put up a freebie thread, no one but two posted. :(

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/2 02:41:29 )

@Queen Prisma: I REALLY like that first one. The purple colourations~

And always good to find/test new methods of colouring! I love doing that. I will spam watch youtube speedpaints and the like because it'll help me find new methods to try~<3

Also... I know what you mean, regarding the whole free art thing =(
It's unfortunate, but people are really freaking picky

Voltie — he/they Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/2 02:49:14 )
Oh yesh a creative den to hermit in before bed :vanora_glasses:

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/2 02:49:25 )
@Lady Luna: Thanks. I got an idea to do my line art like that from someone a long time ago. It helps deture people from coloring it in, if you didn't give permission. I had someone do that to my line art before. I wasn't very happy about that. :( Plus it really wasn't over priced when I did it at the time for my colored work.

Oh nice, I don't really think of doing stuff like that. I just usually decide if I just want to try out a new brush and see what happens. XD

I know, right? You would think someone would jump on the wagon for free art, regardless of what the style level is. Or that is how it is for me. I'll say that I have gotten pretty cute art for free and a few HQ art too, but it's all a luck of the draw though. But I think it's been somewhat spread on Gaia too. Those chibi freebies we're done on there. I did state that it was done on a base and linked to it on dA.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/2 02:57:15 )

@Muioo: Yesssss

@Queen Prisma: I've never had that issue, but I don't have transparent or white for the background, I always have it a colour, lol.That way it's more difficult to colour. XD

And yesss. It's something that I'm sure you could do and find new tricks and whatnot! There's no reason NOT to, after all!

And art is art is art. Period.
Paying, I can understand being picky.
Free?
Who the hell cares? XD It's a free image. Lol

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/2 03:09:56 )
@Lady Luna: I'll have to keep that in mind next time. :)

Yes, lol, exactly! Plus finding new tricks are so much fun! Oh! I did forget to mention this, but that was all done by mouse. The sketching and coloring both!

Yeah, it's part of the reason on why I think it might just be best for me to close down my art shop here. Even with my pixel work, I didn't get many customers. I don't really have much luck when it comes to my drawn work for commissions. And I do agree, free art is a free image. Man, I don't remember who it was, but their art style wasn't the greatest, but I loved the freebie they gave me. First drawing they did for me, among many others. They drew something for me recently, but I don't have it saved in my gallery. But they have improved a whole lot, but the style is still quite the same. :) It's cute, simple, and really qurky!

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/2 03:21:06 )

@Queen Prisma: That is freaking adorable. XD

And yeah. I can understand where you're coming from for the whole shop thing. I don't get many orders either, but if you don't keep at it, you'll never manage to get. =)

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/2 03:25:57 )
@Lady Luna: I know! I think there is only about 3 or 4 artists that I went to constantly due to their style. About 2 of them are good friends of mine.

Very true. But it might close temporarily so I can revamp it or move it to another forum. I haven't been the best when it comes to my thread layouts. Heck, I still need to edit my old hang out. I think I might have that one themed to something, but the name is what stumps me.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/2 03:46:35 )

@Queen Prisma: Lol.
Look at my threads.
This one is totally not a pretty layout.
Nor is my quest thread, lol.

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/2 03:48:33 )
@Lady Luna: Lol, very true.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/2 03:54:04 )

@Queen Prisma: thread layouts aren't necessary to be nice.

I've got a good one for my shop though, because I don't want to have to make constant threads

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/2 07:18:05 )
@Lady Luna: I feel ya on that
Please ping me to get my attention

Pixel art by me
Click here for my twitter and other things.

Voltie — he/they Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/2 19:17:03 )
Hello, how is everyone today?

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/2 19:38:07 )

@Queen Prisma: It actually gets REALLY annoying remaking the threads. I used to do that on gaia, constantly making new threads in the art freebies section, LOL.
I dun wanna do that anymore. XDDD

@Muioo: Howdy sugar!
I'm all right here, how about yourself?

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/2 19:52:59 )

@Taemins lover: BBY WHERE R U!?
Hi.
Been awhile =)

Voltie — he/they Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/2 20:27:18 )
@Lady Luna: Hey love
Ah that's good
I'm good as well doodling some comic pages before work

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/02/2 20:35:36 )

@Muioo: Ohhhh, doodling is always good!
XD
Seriously, it's such a stress reliver, I find, and can definitely help to pass time yet STILL feel productive.
Win win!
XD

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.