Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Unfamiliarity

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/14 05:35:22 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake just nodded in response.

"All right." he replied.

"Thanks." he told her.

He then paused for a moment, looking her over.

"...you all right?" he asked.

"You still seem a bit... nervous and uneasy..." he commented.

"Did I put you on the spot or something?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/14 05:44:53 )

Violet met Jake's gaze before biting her lip lightly.

"Uhh... is.. is it really ok to be talking about tha tin the open like this?" She asked, ehr voice concerned, and definitely curious.

"Because... just..." She trailed off slightly, not entirely sure where it was that she was going with this, precisely. He could see, easily, how she was uneasy. And it most likely had something to do with how she wasn't human, and was used to the world she was fromn, not quite there yet.

♯Cover me with snow \\ Freeze me to death \\ Forever I'll lay in the alpine bed♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/14 05:56:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well... out in the open? No." Jake replied.

"Which is to say, speaking so freely outside this building, or with people you're unsure about, is a VERY bad idea." he confirmed.

"But inside these walls? Perfectly safe." he said.

"We have all kinds here, as you know." he continued.

"People know what I am here, and they're fine with it. There's nothing to hide from the people of the Unit." he went on.

"Hell, there's a country here named Ireland, where the whole populace is aware of mages and non-humans, and they're fine with it." he continued.

"Well... 95% of the country is aware of it, anyway." he added.

"And they're the exception, as far as whole countries go..." he mumbled.

"But I hope you get my point."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/14 06:13:30 )

Violet nodded, but she didn't entirely relax. What she knew was notably different than what it was taht she was being told, after all.

"All right..." she said after a few seconds.

---

A week or two later, Jake and Violet had gotten rather close. Whuile he had a day off, they were in the cafeteria at the Unit just chatting, getting to know each other more, while Emerald was exploring the building a bit. He wanted to find out where things were for in case he ever needed to find somewhere quickly.

While he was heading up one of the staircases, he heard something from above.

"Ah! Shit!" It was a female, and there was a bit of a thud, or pehaps a crash, from a bit above himn.

And that's when he noticed something was falling down the center of the stairs.

♯Cover me with snow \\ Freeze me to death \\ Forever I'll lay in the alpine bed♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/14 06:39:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Eh?" Emerald muttered, looking up.

"Ah, woah!" he exclaimed, seeing something falling towards him.

Instinctively, he held his arms out, and caught the thing in his arms... before, a few seconds later, he noticed that what he seemed to be holding was a severed human head.

"GAH!" he yelled, letting go of the head instinctively, but then immediately recovering and catching it again, mostly out of instinct, once more.

"Wh... what the...?" he said quietly, as his brain tried to process what was going on.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/14 06:45:38 )

"Hey! Thanks. I thought I would have had a brutal headache for the rest of the day from that impact dwon there." The blue haired head said with a light laugh, their blue eyes seeming to be locked on his after glancing up and down as far as they coudl see.

"Anyway, if you don't wanna hold a severed head, feel free to put me down on the landing to the left." They followed up with

"I completely get how it could be unnerving to hold a head." They added. After he was able to get over the initial shock of a severed head talking to him, he was able to identify that she had an Irish accent.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/14 07:01:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Emerald was stunned. Stunned silent, and almost frozen in place.

He then forced himself to nod, before gently placing the head on the landing to the left.

"Ah... ah..." he stammered.

"Wha... how?" he asked.

"You... you spoke to me..." he went on.

"How?" he asked.

"How... h-how is this possible?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/14 07:14:33 )

The head just laughed.

"My head is detachable." Was the answer her received before whistling. It was loud and sharp, much as one would expect from someone who whistled with their fingers. It was a matter of a few seconds later before they heard stumbling coming toward them.

". . . . Not the most graceful." They muttered. While Emerald was there, stunned and not entirely sure what to make of it all, a body dressed... kinda like a biker made their way down. He could see, quite clearly infact, that they were a female, and as the body bent over to grab the head, he was able to get a rather clear view down the cleavage.

"Ah, much better." She said after reattaching her head before sighing.

"And again, thank you."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/14 07:33:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

When Emerald got the clear view down the cleavage, his face turned red from blushing. However, he shook it off quickly, and looked over towards her.

"Ah... y-yeah." he said.

"No p-problem." he told her.

"But... uh... how?" he then asked.

"You're head's detachable, but... but how??" he asked further.

"That kind of setup shouldn't be possible."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/14 07:40:55 )

She just laughed as he said what he did.

"That would be because I am a dullahan." She told him honestly.

"Our heads are detachable, along with other abilities." She added.

"But yeah. That's why." She said with a shrug.

"You new around here?" She then asked after a moment, her voice c urious.

"I've never seen you before."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/14 08:05:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Dulla...han...?" Emerald asked.

"I've... never heard of that before." he said.

"But... okay." he added with a small shrug.

"And yeah, I AM new here." he confirmed.

"My sister and I are living here until we can integrate ourselves into this world." he told her.

"I'm Emerald." he finished, introducing himself.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/14 08:07:17 )

"Rylie." She said with a smile.

"And really? That's fun. At least you found a place you can hang out and be safe." She continued.

"As for what a dullahan is... I'm a type of fairy, technically." She added. "If that helps. Beyond that, I can give you a book with some information if you want to look it up? Or the internet, that works too."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/14 08:14:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"A fairy, huh?" Emerald asked.

"...actually, I would like more information." he then said.

"This place is weird, but I like it." he told her.

"The people here are so friendly and nice." he continued.

"Oh, nice to meet you, Rylie." he then responded, addressing her own introduction.

"I like your clothes." he then added, a bit awkwardly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/14 08:19:36 )

"Pleasure to meet you too." Rylie said with a smile.

"And I can definitely help you out with information about the various things and people in this place." She commented. "Being what I am, I have a bit of knowledge regarding everyone here, easily."

"Although for now, I really do need to get my butt to R&D. They should have a new choker for me, and I don't want a repeat of earlier. You won't be there to save me from massive pain again, I'm sure." She added with a light smirk

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/14 17:41:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Emerald's first reaction to that might have been a little surprising to her.

It was a chuckle, but not an awkward one, or one made for the sake of being polite, it was an honest chuckle. He'd genuinely found what she'd said mildly amusing.

"Heh, yeah." he agreed.

"And you have info on everyone here because of what you are?" he asked. "That's... interesting and slightly unnerving." he admitted.

"But, uh, how do I find you when I want to talk to you later and such?" he then asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/14 22:15:20 )

"Easy. You got a mobile?" Rylie asked after a moment or two.

"If ya do, I can give you my number, and you can just call me whenever you want to chat." She added after a moment.

"I got no work for a few days, so I shouldn't be too difficult to track down. I got an apartment nearby too, if you want to just come over and see if I'm around?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/15 03:29:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah... wait..." Emerald muttered.

"Oh! Wait, yes! Yes, Agent Sharp gave phones to me and my sister." he remembered, digging it out of his pocket.

"Right, need to do this manually..." he said to himself, tapping a few things and unlocking the phone.

"...uh... communications... contacts... add new..." he mumbled further, before nodding.

"All right, I'm ready." he told her.

"What's your number?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/15 03:32:34 )

Rylie gave him her number, making sure to not speed through it for hjim to miss. After he'd rifled it back at her, she chuckled.

"That's it." She said.

"There. Now you've got my number." She then said. "Fire a text at me at some point so I have yours, will ya?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/15 03:57:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh, right!" Emerald exclaimed.

"Right, a text, yeah!" he said.

"I'll do that now." he told her.

He then started to type out something on his phone, and it was clear he was a little awkward with it.

"Ugh, need to get used to manual things." he said to himself, before sending it.

Hi, it's me, Emerald. Is this all you need to get my number? it read.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/15 03:59:37 )

They both heard a sound... something that sounded like a maniacal laugh, before Rylie dug her phone out of her pocket and checked it.

Yep. I got it now She replied with before adding him to her contacts.

"Done deal." She said with a smile as she slid her phone back into where it was.

"Anyway, I gotta hit up R&D, so I'mma bail now. You're welcoime to join me if you'd like though."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.