Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Unfamiliarity

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/13 06:58:35 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"Makes sense to me." Jake replied with a chuckle.

"Yeah, it's the big stone building that... kinda looks like a cross between a church and a castle." he told her.

"And they have a LOT there." he laughed.

"Oh, and if you show them your ID badge that says you're in with us, you'll be allowed into the secret section where there's info for... well... not the general public." he informed her.

"Make sure you show it to any of the staff on the second floor."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/13 07:04:38 )

Violet nodded as he said all hed id.

"All right, I can definitely do that." She said with a soft smile as she jotted down what he'd told her into a notepad she'd brought with her. It was a language that he didn't know, but was something that struck a cord of familiarity with him, een if he couldn't exactly identify it.

"I'll be back later. If my brother comes looking for me, please let him know I'll return shortly after the sun sets at the latest." She then said.

"Thank you for the information."

♯Cover me with snow \\ Freeze me to death \\ Forever I'll lay in the alpine bed♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/13 07:29:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".........." Jake was silent as he saw the writing, before nodding.

"Yeah, sure, no problem." he said.

"I'll let him know if he comes hunting you out." he told her.

"Have fun at the library." he went on.

"Oh, and they don't allow you to take books out of the special section." he added.

"Just an FYI."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/13 07:42:42 )

Violet nodded.

"All right. Good to know. Thank you." She said after a moment or two. With that, she waved before heading off. She had a bit of a limp still, but it wasn't anything serious.

Shortly after she left, someone else walked in, from the same door that she'd left through. She paused after a moment though.

"Yo, Jake." She said, taking her helmet off, revealing one that he wasn't entirely enthused with, even after all the time that she'd been there. Sure, they got along, but first impressions mattered.

"Wanna let me in?" She asked.

"And who was the girl I saw walking away? Someone that you had to deny entrance to or something?"

♯Cover me with snow \\ Freeze me to death \\ Forever I'll lay in the alpine bed♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/13 08:07:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Jake was silent and inwardly grimaced a little, before sighing.

"No." he replied.

"She's new here." he told her.

"She and her brother are kinda... well, marooned here, so the Unit is putting them up until they can get some semblance of a life together." he explained.

"She's just on her way to the library down the street." he then added.

He tongue then darted out a couple of times, before he pushed the button.

"Go on it, then." he told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/13 08:21:17 )

"Ohhh, that's fair." She commented with a shrug.

"Anyway, I'll catch ya later." She said before waving and heading off through the door he'd opened for her. She didn't know what it was that was about those two new people, but she did knew that if they were there, then they weren't a risk, a danger.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/13 08:28:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake watched her step into the building, before sighing and going back to his paper.

"Ugh." he grunted.

"Never did like the smell of her mana." he said to himself.

'But what was it about that Violet girl...?' he then thought.

'She smelled... familiar. That writing... it looked... familiar. Somehow.' he thought further, as he started to puzzle over this mystery that had presented itself to him.

"...damn it, I'm gonna lose sleep over this, aren't I?" he then asked the air, groaning lightly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/13 09:47:18 )

Violet returned a few hours later and got access into the building from Jake again. He had largely pushed the confusion over her out of his mind, but when he saw her again, it all came back after she was gone.

She left him wondering what the hell those bells that were trying to chime in his head were for.

She left him wondering WHY he felt a sense of familiarity with her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/13 16:25:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....damn it all." he muttered.

"Why? Why is this happening? And how can it be so foreign, yet so damn familiar?" he asked himself.

Over the next few days, Violet came and went as she pleased, and Jake continued to puzzle over the feelings that were swelling up in his mind... until something just seemed to click.

Something finally fell into place, and it caused him to have some clarity... but at the same time, it confused him even MORE.

"...that... can it be?" he asked himself.

He knew Violet was currently out, running some errands and probably going to the library again, so he decided that he was going to test this theory of his when she returned.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/14 02:24:30 )

Sure enough, it was several hours later, and Jake's replacement had shown up. He was still there though, basically told the one who was taking his place to just enjoy a bit of free time. He wouldn't tell Sharp about this and they'd still get paid. This was a personal thing for him, after all.

When Violet returned, she didn't notice that there was anything odd, and she had a bunch of books with her.

"Hey, my hands are kinda occupied, wanna let me in?" She asked as she reached the desk.

"Please?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/14 02:59:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Sure." Jake replied.

"In a minute." he then said.

"Just set your books down on the desk for a bit, give your arms a rest." he then suggested.

"There's something I've been meaning to talk to you about for a bit." he admitted further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/14 03:02:29 )

Violet was silent for a moment before doing as he requested.

"What's up?" She asked, a couple seconds later.

"Is something wrong?" She then asked, concern in her features and voice. She had no idea what it was that he could possibly want to talk to her about - well, she had an idea in the past but that wasn't something that she was properly thinking about at the moment.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/14 03:19:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake shook his head.

"No, no." he replied.

"At least, pretty sure nothing's wrong." he then said.

"Depends on how you take this next question." he added, before taking a small breath, holding it a moment, and exhaling.

"You're... not human, are you?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/14 03:42:44 )

Violet was silent for a moment before sighing lightly.

"No. I'm not." She answered.

"I'm part of a dying species." She added before pausing.

"Why?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/14 03:47:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I'm not human, either." Jake replied.

"And MY species is... well... we're endangered, at least." he muttered.

"...and I ask, because... well..." he then mumbled further, before sighing.

"Because this." he said.

He was then silent, before closing his eyes tightly for about 3 seconds... and when he opened them up, Violet saw his golden eyes with reptilian vertical slits for pupils.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/14 03:54:15 )

"So? You're....... A..." Violet started before pausing, seeming to be thinking about what she wanted to say.

"A! A Ramaarin." She said with a snap of her fingers.

"That's it. But so what?" She couldn't understand why it would be an issue... Plus she technically wasn't agreeing or denying it. She was used to hiding it after all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/14 04:35:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"It's... so rare I find another one of myself." he told her.

"Another Ramaarin." he went on.

"But... but ARE you one, as well?" he then asked.

"You smell so similar to one, but... different." he said.

"And your writing is extremely similar to the Ramaarin written language, but... different." he continued.

"Are you akin to me?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/14 04:39:06 )

Violet sighed lightly.

"Yes." She answered.

"From my world,i am the closest that you will find to one akin to you." She added with a light sigh.

"Why do you ask?" as she spoke she seemed to be on edge, seemed to be waiting for an attack or something. She kept glancing around, not quite in a paranoid manner though. More of a cautious and wary manner.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/14 05:14:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake just smiled.

"Mostly curiosity." he said.

"That and a little bit of loneliness." he then admitted.

"Last I had contact with another Ramaarin was... close to 15 years ago." he told her.

"And one gets a bit lonely for ones own kind sometimes." he went on.

"I just wanted to be sure as to whether or not I'd found someone I could truly relate to."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/14 05:16:59 )

Violet was silent for a moment before smiling softly.

"I... That is never fun. Even Em doesn't quite relate, can't quite relate, to me and it sucks." She stated bluntly.

"If you want to sit and chat at some point, I'm not hard to find." She then said, all the while continuing to look a bit uneasy.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.