Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts The sanctuary

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/3 17:45:09 )
I agree. Lol

Voltie — Princess Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/3 17:57:42 )
I hate it more when they say it sucks but won't tell me why so sit there and think and think whats wrong with it.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/3 18:00:09 )
That does suck, but what I hate most is the grandmother compliments. The ones that are just 'it looks fine' and use sweet talk. Instead of telling why it works and why it doesn't. Saying it's awesome when you know they don't mean it, they just want to be nice and pleasant. Like. I showed a business flyer to one group of people and they said it was perfect. Showed it to others, and tore the design to pieces. Pointing out the flaws I knew were there, but couldn't put my finger on.

Voltie — Princess Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/3 18:28:27 )
Yeah people sometimes point out things I completely miss. Its very helpful. But also, I prefer asking people I know rather than strangers. I feel kinda vulnerable just asking random people.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/3 18:30:03 )
After photography classes, digital media classes, and my graphic design degree...Yeah I'm super used to it now.

Voltie — Princess Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/3 18:37:18 )
Dude I didn't know you did graphic design! I actually did a course in it too. I enjoy illustrating more but I can appreciate graphic designers work. Do you post your work anywhere?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/3 18:42:51 )
Not really. >w> I don't feel too good about most of it. My photography skills are waaaaaaaay better.

https://www.instagram.com/hunterbassimages/

Voltie — Princess Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/3 18:54:05 )
hmm you are right :vanora_xd: With the posters I think you need to use higher res images. Can be hard to find especially for movies. Hmm lemme see if I can find some work I did in school... Fair is fair.

Oh and I followed you on Instagram :vanora_smile:

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/3 18:55:46 )
Yay. A new follower. And yeah my graphic design is eeeeeeh. Not a fan of my own work.

Voltie — Princess Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/3 19:02:17 )
Poster

Magazine Cover

Postcard

Brochure

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/3 19:03:35 )
Those are some lovely high res images. o.o
I like the brochure and magazine layouts best. The movie poster though, it is better than mine for sure. Somethings off though.

Voltie — Princess Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/3 19:09:49 )
Well they didn't give me any rules pretty much so I picked as high res as I could go. :vanora_xd:
When it comes to graphic design it really helps if you are a photographer as well to get those high res images specifically how you need them.
I realize now I may have put the wrong names in wrong order on the movie poster so its kinda odd, girls names under boys faces and all that. But I was kinda stressed at the time, had a bunch of other homework and parents breathing down my neck for A's :vanora_xd:

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/3 19:12:56 )
My photography generally does give me an edge in getting high res photos. A lot of those were saved as jpegs from FB and stuff. >w> I don't have the original files anymore. Computer crashes and all. Lol my favorite fake movie poster though, I didn't post. For a portfolio or class work it's a terrible poster, for the shits and giggles. I adore it.

Voltie — Princess Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/3 19:16:14 )
Haha! I get the reference!

Oh I found a magazine article layout. Of course I did a kitty theme!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/3 19:17:39 )
Lol that's an adorable layout.

I like using my doll whenever I can.

Voltie — Princess Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/3 19:20:50 )
Cats are so beautiful! Especially the big ones! Which reminds me, I found a pure white cat in my yard today! I am so happy! It was fat and shy! But I shall tame him/her! Because I am the cat whisperer!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/3 19:22:23 )
It's so adorable when cheetahs meow. X3

Voltie — Princess Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/3 19:24:58 )
Haha that's why they get the full page spread :vanora_xd: Only the sexiest cats get a full page.

Always ping me please.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/3 19:26:18 )
Of course of course. -nods-

Donator — Winchester Posted 7 years ago ( 2018/03/4 10:34:13 )

Today is the last day that it's freezing!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.