Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Familiar Effects

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/6 07:01:33 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke just sighed as he sat down in the couch, shaking his head.

It had been about a week and a half since he'd found Erika on the desert island, and Azazel had been sent to rescue her. Azazel had been chosen because he was immune to Erika's abilities, they being demonic in nature. It seemed like whatever had happened to her, it had caused her mark to spread... from just her arm, to considerably on her torso as well.

He'd brought her back, and she was being kept in isolation until she woke up. But the isolation had stopped her influence from spreading out to the world, so people were slowly returning to normal.

Terra was also still at the Unit. She had offered her services to Hal, and Hal accepted. She had proven herself to be powerful and helpful, so Hal decided he would be a fool to say no and turn her away.

Though there was still something weird about her. Was she really a dryad? Why was she so powerful? Why did she seem so familiar to people that swore they'd never seen her before in their lives.

These questions whirled and swirled around in Zeke's mind, so much so he was starting to get a headache from it.

"Ugh." he groaned.

"At least Angela and Liv are back up to par." he said. Surprisingly enough, or maybe it was because the fae mana around the home offered some form of protection, Liv and Angela hadn't been affected nearly has badly as others, but it had still affected them to a degree. They were more or less back to normal currently, but still felt a bit on the 'off' side.

So he'd decided to bring home dinner for them. And he had. He had taken it to the kitchen, and set it down on one of the counters.

"Angela! Liv! Food's in the kitchen!" he called to them, unsure as to whether they were upstairs or outside in the backyard. The windows were open, though. They'd heard him, regardless of where they were.

The eagle, which had been perched on his shoulder, hopped down from it, and landing on his chest, looking into his eyes.

"Heh." Zeke chuckled, lightly stroking its head.

"You're really well-behaved." he commented. "And a big boy, too. I haven't had you for that long, yet you almost look like you're fully grown." he said further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/6 08:01:03 )

The bird let out a call before falling silent as Zeke heard footsteps approaching. It didn't take long for him to identify that they weren't either Liv's or Angela's. Moments later, he saw his mother approaching.

"Hey. Can I borrow Talon for a moment?" She asked after a moment, her voice curious. Zeke had mentioned the bird in the past, so it wasn't surprising that she knew of its name, but why the hell would she be there for him?

"You know I won't hurt him." She added after another second or two. "I just want to check something."

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/6 08:21:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Huh...? Mom?" Zeke muttered.

He then looked at Talon, before looking at her.

"Uhhh... sure? I guess?" he said further, extending his arm out towards her.

When he did, the eagle hopped off his chest and onto his arm, before slowly making its way closer to the woman.

"Why?" Zeke then asked.

"What do you want to check?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/6 08:23:03 )

"Just want to make sure he's in good health and all." She said with a soft smile before vanishing in a burst of what looked almost like shadowed light. She appeared back home and sighed as she sat on the couch.

"I'm sorry, but I've heard what Angela is thinking, and I knwo you can understand me." She started, addressing the bird.

"Just bare with it. Angela will make sure he is all right. Please just trust me for an hour, all right?"

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/6 08:45:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The bird looked around, before almost looking to nod.

However, it was clear that as it looked around, it was getting a little on the uneasy side.

Meanwhile, back with Zeke, he was starting to drum his fingers on the arm of the couch.

And he looked visibly agitated.

"....hm-hm..." he muttered.

"What Angela is thinking?" he then asked himself.

"The hell does THAT have to do with anything?" he asked further, grumbling slightly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/6 08:46:41 )

Sure enough, after he asked that, Liv walked in wearing a bathing suit. She had obviously just been swimming in the backyard, if the fact that her hair was barely dripping still was any indication.

"Hey Zeke." She said with a smile before noticing his agitation.

"Hey... what's wrong?" She asked, concern in her voice.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/6 09:05:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke looked over to her sharply.

"Wrong?" he asked.

"Nothing!" he exclaimed.

"Nothing is wrong! Why would anything be wrong?" he asked her.

"Why would you ask that?" he asked further.

"There something I should know?" he then inquired, a bit of an accusing tone to his voice.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/6 09:06:41 )

Liv just paused and took a step back, her hands up.

"I... " she started before shaking her head.

"N-no... I just... you seem... you seem annoyed or mad or something..."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/6 09:24:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" Zeke was silent for a moment.

"I'm sorry." he apologised.

"I shouldn't have snapped like that. I guess I'm on edge for some reason." he admitted.

"Dunno WHY, though." he went on.

"Erika's been rescued, Azazel's going to help her, things are calming down worldwide, I should be fine." he continued.

"Maybe I just need sleep or something." he reasoned with a small shrug.

"...how are YOU doing, Liv?" he then asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/6 12:04:09 )

"I'm still a bit anxious." Liv admitted after a couple of seconds.

'But I'm all right... what about you? I mean... just... what's going on? Do you need to talk?" She asked, her voice curious and concerned. She was young, but she wasn't stupid.

"I mean... you... weren't immune from that all,r ight?" She asked.

"Maybe... maybe your being on edge is lingering from that?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/6 18:14:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke gritted his teeth and almost shot Liz a nasty look when she suggested that.

"That can't be it." he said.

"I was under the effects of Erika's reach for a VERY short amount of time." he reasoned.

"And even then, for some weird reason, there were times when I just... didn't feel it at all." he went on. "Like, I had sustained moments of clarity, and not just bursts of them." he continued.

"So, no. I wasn't immune, but it can't be that." he summarised.

"I don't know WHAT is going on, and it's pissing me off." he continued, a threatening nature to his tone now. It wasn't directed AT Liv, but she could see he was feeling quite edgy right now.

"...damn it, when is Mom coming back?" he then asked, seemingly out of nowhere.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/6 20:50:29 )

Liv was silent before sighing.

"I... I'm gonna go swim..." She said quietly, realising that Zeke was very possibly in a delicate position for the moment. She wasn't completely sure, but he was seeming pretty snappish for the moment, and she didn't like it.

So she left, left Zeke waiting, impatient and irritated, alone for awhile.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/7 04:24:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

After Liv left, Zeke continued to drum his fingers.

He got up and paced for a bit, before sitting back down.

He turned on the television to try and take his mind off of things, but that didn't work. He didn't find anything he liked, and when he did... it was suddenly interrupted by some sports talk, which seemed to really anger him.

So much so, he threw the remote onto the floor, causing the batteries to pop out.

"Damn it all!" he yelled.

"I finally find ONE thing to watch, and they interrupt it! Damn it all to HELL!" he cursed further.

He then got up and started to pace once more, all the while looking like he was getting angrier and angrier... almost to unreasonable levels, one that knew him would say.

One thing was for sure: he was NOT acting like his usual self.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/7 04:28:03 )

Angela, meanwhile, was on the phone with Zeke's mother.

"Aimee, I'm not sure. He's... getting to be extremely .... testy, shall we say?" She said as she looked into the window from the backyard.

"I suppose that's all the proof we need, really." Aimee commented with a light sigh.

"I'll send Talon back with Yuri." She added. "All right?"

"Yeah... yeah, that works. And thanks." Angela said before they ended the call. Aimee just called Yuri after that.

"Hey Yuri? I need you to do me a huge favour." She started.

"Since I know Zeke won't believe me if it comes from me."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/7 04:55:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I'll be right there." was the response she got.

Sure enough, about 20 seconds later, she felt his immense mana presence in the home, and he made his way over towards her.

When he approached his wife, he saw that she had Talon with her.

And the bird was looking... stressed.

Its feathers were fluffed out, it was looking around, and it was making strange quiet screeching sounds.

"...thing looks stressed." he commented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/7 04:57:51 )

'Because he needs to go home." Aimee commented from where she sat, Talon on her knee.

"He is Zeke's familiar, and they've been apart for about half an hour now." She added.

"Would you mind taking him to Zeke and explaining that? We both know he wouldn't entirely believe it if I were to say it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/7 05:12:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Uriel just chuckled.

"Well, I'll be." he said.

"Ezekiel's got his own familiar." he commented.

He then shook his head, extended his arm, and whistled at the eagle. Talon responded by flying from Aimee's knee, and landing on Uriel's arm.

"I'll explain it." he told her.

"...did the bird injure you?" he then asked, narrowing his eyes.

"Any cuts or scrapes...?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/7 05:13:59 )

Aimee just sighed before shaking her head.

"Nothing serious." she said.

"He did draw blood while on my knee, and my shoulder, though." She added before pausing and getting to her feet.

". . . which I'm going to go tend to."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/7 05:32:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Immediately, Aimee could see that Uriel's temper was starting to act up.

"..........I see." he replied.

"Is that so." he went on, glaring at the bird.

Aimee, however, responded by just shooting him a glare.

A warning glare.

A glare that seemed to immediately quell her husband's temper.

"...how badly?" he then asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/7 05:34:41 )

"He's a bird of prey. It hurts." Aimee answered with a light laugh.

"I'll be fine though. Go on, take Talon back to Zeke. Apparently he's getting rather... I do believe Angela said 'testy'." She added.

"I'll see you when you're back.' Was the last thing she said before vanishing in a burst of her usual light, leaving a faint, and quickly fading, necromatic rune on the floor.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.