Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Familiar Effects

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 02:48:27 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"All right, all right." Zeke responded.

"Tonight." he said.

Uriel just smirked.

"Well, I'm off." he told them.

"Thanks." Zeke said to him. "To all of you, and to Mom, for helping me see that Talon really IS my familiar." he commented.

"Treat it right, son." Uriel responded, before he bid them all goodbye, left the house via the back door, and they felt his mana, meaning he'd left the premises entirely.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 04:02:27 )

She ran, her darker skin and blonde hair making her stand out as she ran. She couldn't keep it up, though. She knew that she was running into troubles here, and knew what it was that was going on, but she wasn't entirely convinced that she would be able to get out of this all alive.

Sure enough, as her almost panicked steps through the forest slowed, her face lost the expressioning that was there.

Until she just brought a hand up and tore a chunk out of her throat. She fell, dead, before there was a burst of flames and she resurrected a few seconds later in the form o f afirey bird.

She didn't bother shifting this time. Instead, she just flew off - hoping that she could find who she knew was in the area soon.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 04:25:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As she flew, an individual was on the ground, sniffing at the air, and the soil. He then raised his head and looked like he was listening to... something... even though the area was silent.

"....." he remained silent as well, before his head darted in a particular direction, and he sprinted off in said direction, stopping only when he reached a small clearing. He then looked through the trees and foliage, seeing what looked to be a manticore-like being laying there. Though it was only a manticore in the sense that it had a large scorpion tail, and a feline-like head.

'...what genius thought that something like THIS was a house pet?' he thought. The creature was a little larger than a great dane, but it was known for having a feral attitude, and being practically untrainable.

It seemed that some rich mage with more money than brains decided to illegally import the creature for an exotic pet, and it escaped, unsurprisingly. The mage had been arrested, and his guild tasked with finding the animal and returning it to its natural habitat. He in specific had been given this hunt.

So he waited for another moment, before launching himself at the thing, landing on its back and having a wrestling match with it. Sure enough, the creature's scorpion-like tail flailed about and jabbed into the man a few times, but he only seemed to react to the first one, and even then, it was only a wince. The two of them wrestled and tumbled for about a minute or so, before the man managed to pin it, causing it to relax slightly in defeat and resignation.

"There you go!" he said, before patting it gently, which caused the creature to relax even MORE, but this time it was far calmer.

He had a way with animals.

"Relax, we'll get ya back home in no time, fella." the man assured the creature further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 04:34:22 )

There was silence around him as the creature nuzzled him, obviously game for whatever Ash was doing now.

It was then that she lowered herself to the ground and took her human form again.

"Ashley!" She caled, her voice familiar, but also veryu much not. There was an overlay it sounded like, something to it that did not sound right, or normal.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 04:48:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man looked over towards her, and was silent for a moment, raising his eyebrow.

"...Zeria...?" he mumbled, before patting the creature on the head.

"Stay." he told it.

He then stepped away, and started to make his way closer towards the woman.

"Zeria!" he called to her.

"What's wrong!?" he asked, before pausing when he got close enough to talk normally.

"...what IS wrong...?" he asked her, but with slightly different inflexion to his tone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 04:54:04 )

"Tell me, when's the last time you saw Kitt?" Zeria asked after a moment or two, something to her voice that Ash both knew, and didn't know.

"Because I fear she's going through the same thing that I've been trying to fight off, now." She then said, desperation to her voice.

"And we both know that Casey is a person of interest, for Encrae."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 05:16:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah..." Ash muttered, before narrowing his eyes.

"Encrae!?" he exclaimed.

"What is that b-" he started to ask, before stopping and shaking his head.

"Kitt?" he asked.

"I... I haven't seen her in... uh..." he stammered, thinking about it. "...maybe about 2 or 3 weeks...?" he said further, before he paused again, some realisation dawning on him.

"...why? What's going on...?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 05:20:46 )

"Because we're at risk." Zeria answered.

"Encrae is collecting those like me, like Kitt." She continued. "She's using us like connections,d irect connections, to those that have the connections."

"I..." She paused a moment. "We... Ash, my deaths aren't helping either." She then said. "I get a short burst of clarity, but they never last longer than a few hours."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 05:36:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Ash was silent as he heard this.

"Ohhhh damn it all to hell." he cursed.

"Of COURSE she would find a way to corrupt the bonds between mage and familiar." he snarled.

"And your deaths aren't helping...?" he then asked her. "That's... not good." he said.

"Damn it, there has to be SOME way to stop this." he muttered.

"Isn't there ANYTHING that can get you free of that bitch's control?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 05:39:43 )

Zeria was completely silent for a moemnt.

"I... I don't know." She answered after a couple of seconds.

"I just... I don't know." She repeated "And I feel like these deaths and revivals are taking their toll on me."

"I don't know what to do, Ash. I'm getting desperate for something, anything, to help. I've tried finding Gaea even, and I can't find her on this planet easily. Meaning she's likely either deep underground... or on the surface."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 05:57:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

It was then that Ash suddenly seemed to get an idea.

"That's IT!" he exclaimed.

"Yes! That's PERFECT!" he said further.

He then looked around, almost like he was checking to make sure there wasn't anyone around. However, he still leaned in and whispered something in Zeria's ear.

"So yeah." he said.

"Because of what I am, and the... position I hold... that should be the perfect place for you." he reasoned.

"As long as you stay there, you'll be safe, yeah?" he asked, seeking confirmation from her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 06:01:42 )

"I... all right." Zeria said after a moment or two, not entirely sure what to make of this, but also knowing that she could trust him.

"Keep an eye on your mother, as well." She then said after another second or two. "Since... with me not in the best states, I can almost guarantee she wasn't either."

"Now, send me wherever you feel you need to." She then said, her tone making it apparent that she woudl accept whatever she were to do to her next.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 06:30:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........right." Ash muttered.

"I'll see her after I finish up here." he told her.

"...one second, though." he then said, taking out his phone. "I need to make a call." he told her, dialling a number.

"Oh, and FYI, when I send you there, it's not gonna be pretty, but it'll be necessary." he finished, before bringing the phone to his ear.

Meanwhile, at the Unit, Ilias and Kiah were studying some equations on a whiteboard, when Kiah's phone went off.

And she recognised the ringtone as well, it was Ash.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 06:37:39 )

Kiah was silent for a moment, not entirely sure what it was that she was supposed to make of it.

"Uhh, right then." She muttered before grabbing her phone.

"Hold on a sec, Illias." She then said before answering it and putting him on speaker for ease for herself.

"Yo, Ash. You're on speaker." She greeted.

"What's up?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 06:55:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hey Kiah." Ash responded.

"Listen, I'm gonna be sending someone to the Unit." he told her.

"Can you prep the decontamination room?" he asked. "Like... ASAP?" he asked further.

"It's where I'll be sending her." he reasoned.

"And she'll explain everything when she gets there." he went on.

"Seriously, time's a factor here, and I need you to trust me on this." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 07:00:04 )

Kiah sighed lightly before motioning for Ilias to go do as she needed him to.

"Yeah. give me about... geez, a minute?" She asked.

"If earlier than that, I can't promise it'll be completely ready." She sighed again before shaking her head.

"But I trust you, Ash. You know that."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 07:25:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"A minute." Ash responded.

"You got a minute, starting now." he told her.

"Talk to you later." he finished, before hanging up.

He then sighed, and looked at Zeria.

"I'm going to teleport you to the Unit, where Kiah will receive you." he told the woman/phoenix. "However, when I do, you'll be burned by my black fire. Which is to say, you'll be killed upon transport, and your ashes will arrive there." he went on.

"You'll regenerate there, and hopefully be free of the influence." he continued.

"But... yeah, due to circumstances there, the Unit will be a safe place for you." he reiterated. "I have no idea why that is... I mean I know WHY, but I don't know why it's THERE in specific, as opposed to other places." he muttered, shaking his head.

"Oh, you know what I mean." he said.

"Regardless, I'll teleport you in about 30 seconds. Anything you feel you gotta say before I do it?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 07:31:01 )

"Check on Rowena." Zeria told him after a moment or two.

"Make sure she's all right. I can feel how my predicament has ... not be kind on your mother." She then said.

"And thank you, ASh. Thank you so much." She said with a soft smile. It wasn't hard to tell that she was a bit apprehensive regarding the idea that it was his black flames, but that made sense. That aspect of the Fyrane flames was caused by phoenix mana, after all.

---

Kiah helped Ilias get the room prepared before sighing.

"No, I have no idea who is being sent." She then said, answering what she was sure he wanted to ask.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 07:48:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash nodded in response.

"I will." he told her.

"Now, get ready." he said, creating balls of black fire in his hands.

---

"......" Ilias was silent for a moment, before sighing.

"I see." he said.

"Well, we'll find out in a few seconds." he told her as they left the room and shut the door, looking through the glass.

As soon as they did, there was a swirl of black fire... before some ashes just fell to the ground.

Ilias... looked panicked.

"Oh sweet heavens, they got BURNED UP!" he exclaimed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/8 07:52:54 )

Kiah was silent.

"What the fuck is Zeria doing here?" She wondered before sighing.

"Give her a minute." She added, watching the ashes, for what was longer than comfrotable.

". . . Is she ok...?" She asked, knowing that Ilias had no idea.

"Ah, right, you should call Hall, let him know that we have company, and that she means no harm." She added

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.