Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities Newcomer supply depot

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 04:52:57 )
@Bonnie: This is the first time it's happened to me, and I had no idea how to handle it.
They spent the money all in one day, and on a national bank holiday, so I could only watch it happen lmao
Did you get your money back?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 04:53:58 )

@Booderdooder: yes! The credit card company and my bank refunded the money cause they luckily both have $0 fraud liability.

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 04:57:43 )
@Bonnie: That's good! I'm positive my bank will get my money back, but I'm still paranoid until it's in my account.
I'm pretty sure my card was scanned at a gas station. The local ones around here are notorious for that >>;

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 05:34:24 )

@Booderdooder: I’m always so afraid of that I keep touching where I insert my card. That won’t help if there’s like some RFID scanner.

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 05:41:06 )
@Bonnie: Yeah, I work retail (unfortunately) so I have a vaaague knowledge of how to check card readers for scanners.
But obviously if someone is trying to steal your card information, they aren't going to make it obvious.
I think the most I can do in the future is buy gas with cash inside the store, and not use self checkout registers.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 05:42:56 )

@Booderdooder: those are safe measures, definitely my issue is that I am never by any Chase atms ever so I don’t have cash. I’m not paying money to get my money. So I’ll have to check every time or just go into the store and pay with card. That eases me a little bit

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 05:45:24 )
@Bonnie: I try not to keep cash on me because if someone robs me I don't want them to get anything from me lmfao
I'll die but all you're getting is a purse full of empty gum wrappers and a frozen yogurt punch card.
I suppose I have to keep at least enough for gas on me, now.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 05:48:22 )

@Booderdooder: that’s also true. I also don’t carry a purse. I’m too afraid to I feel like they are a big red signal for people to try and rob you. I keep everything compact and it can sit in a pocket or hidden in my shirt or coat.

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 05:50:49 )
@Bonnie: That's something I should really be doing. Every once in a while I slip my card in my pocket and only carry that.
But I like having my makeup and toiletries and gum...and hairbrush...and emergency snacks...and the kitchen sink with me always.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 05:52:34 )

@Booderdooder: I have been carrying a backpack with all of that. But if I don’t need one I just like everything fitting on my person. If I’m parked somewhere I’ll store everything in my trunk so it’s at least not visible so possibly that might deter some idiot trying to break in car. Maybe. Probably not since they can just pop the trunk, lol.

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 05:56:58 )
@Bonnie: All we can do is try lmao
Also CUTE avi :O are you entering that monthly avatar thing? I glanced at it briefly when I was poking around.

P.S. Passing out for tonight, hopefully I'll pop back in tomorrow!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 10:21:29 )

@Booderdooder: yesss! I am. I fell asleep and woke up and realized I had replies lol

Goodnight!

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 15:48:20 )
@Bonnie: It's a cute avi! I didn't mean to gravitate towards brown when I started buying stuff,
but I guess it's convenient. Hopefully I can throw something together before the entry period is over.

Have you ever entered any avatar contests before?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 15:51:41 )

Hello there guys :)

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 15:57:57 )

@Booderdooder: thank you! Yes you should! I really like the theme!

@vengeance: hello! How are you? It must be afternoon or evening there now?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 15:59:33 )

@Bonnie: It is 4PM here now. Got back from doing large groceries in my neighbour country.

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 16:01:48 )
@Bonnie: I entered a few back in my hayday in Roliana and won a handful.
It was fun! I'd like to try doing it again. I gotta get the hang of things first, I think :V

@Vengeance: Hello! I'm enjoying this charity as a hangout spot. Don't wanna ask for any newbie handouts until
I know for sure if I'm gonna be consistent on here >> enjoying the conversations though

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 16:04:36 )

@Booderdooder: Welcome on here. I saw you came from Roliana. I used to be on there as well.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 16:05:47 )

@vengeance: oh that’s fun! Was it really busy?

@Booderdooder: that’s awesome! I don’t remember much from Roliana back when I was on it. I don’t even remember my username lol. But I remember the cute avatars lol.

bloop

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 16:07:01 )

@Bonnie: No we could go straight to the cash register.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.