Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities Newcomer supply depot

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 16:09:53 )
After Gaia got too big and complicated, I left it for dead. But then I missed the routine of checking into forums and
playing with avatars, so I poked around and found Roliana and liked their small, detailed items and avis. I stuck to it
for a couple of years consistently, really loved it, and then it shut down. I can't even remember why the first time?
I came back for Roli 2.0, but it wasn't the same. I think the staff was just too small to manage everything by themselves.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 16:12:03 )

I loved their avatars as well. I joined there after my old avatar home Ernya died. So I joined during Roliana 2.0.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 16:19:02 )

@vengeance: gotcha that’s good then! Are you looking forward to anything over the weekend?

I miss Ernya. I kind of dropped off when college started and when I went back it was just gone.

@Booderdooder: I see. I wasn’t there for Roli 2.0.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 16:20:46 )

@Bonnie: I miss Ernya too. I loved their sticker achievements. Not long after I got 50k posts Ernya closed.
This weekend I will got a record fair on sunday.

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 16:22:29 )
I don't think I'm familiar with Ernya. From my really poor memory, I remember Gaia, Roliana, and Menewsha.
What did your avatars look like? That might jog my memory lmao

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 16:24:26 )

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 16:26:06 )

@vengeance: Oooh- that sounds fun my friends would LOVE to go one of those

@Booderdooder: yeah the avatars were nice. I do not think I have any record of them I had my computer wiped cause it’s was broken and they couldn’t save much. So I don’t have pictures of old avatars anymore D;

I may can find the Imgur I used a while ago but so much has happened since then.

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 16:31:30 )
@vengeance: Oh wow, they're so soft and detailed. I would have liked Ernya if I had seen it sooner.

@bonnie: I feel that. I may have an avatar or two saved from Roliana, but I don't have any of my
contest winners or even a list of the items I had. If it's rebooted, I can only hope all of the old stuff is still there.

What happened to Ernya?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 16:33:49 )

Roliana is gone forever. There where suggestions of making an avatar maker with all items.
One of the owners just pulled the plug out of nowhere on Ernya. He was the owner with his wife but they got devorced and he married someone else.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 16:49:42 )

@Booderdooder: I’m not exactly sure why if went down. I do not have the facts at all.

Yeah I used to have my Roliana avatars but they’re gone too. I kept them all in folders with the site name.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 16:51:03 )

@vengeance: oh no! That’s not good. I can understand a smidge that it may be jarring with all of the complexity of that but maybe that should have and could have been communicated without abruptly removing.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 16:57:18 )

@Bonnie: People where really angry that it was gone all of sudden. He then promised to put the site back online so people could save their stuff. He put it back online for like 30 minutes without telling people and pulled it again.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 17:07:36 )

@vengeance: as they should be; that is unreasonable. Since individuals had invested money he should have first made an announcement about the situation and give people up to a week maybe to get what they needed.

A divorce is hard emotionally and mentally so it probably would have been mad as would I have, but still people supported your site.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 17:13:06 )

@Bonnie: Yeh the owners of Roliana also annouced on time that they where closing.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 17:24:27 )

@vengeance: that’s what needs to happen; you need to give people notice that’s good service etiquette. But I’m hoping the owners of Ernya are in a better place. Divorce is hard.

bloop

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 17:48:38 )
@vengeance: Whoa, really? Roli's gone forever? The site says they might still come back...
Though I suppose it did go down last year. I only found out about it yesterday, or else I probably would have
saved all of my stuff before... That's a bummer.

I hate when breakups are messy. That's why I try not to co-own anything with anyone anymore lmao

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 17:51:19 )

@Booderdooder: Yeh gone forever. They did not have the funds and people to keep it open.

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 17:57:09 )
@vengeance: auuugh I really wish I had taken more screenshots, then!
I used to love my avatars on Roli. I should see if I can dig up any old screenshots I had, and try to remake them here.
At least there's a discord for the community. Items are items, but I'd be sad to lose some of the people I knew for years.

Do y'all recognize or still know a lot of people from Ernya?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 17:58:33 )

@Booderdooder: I recognise most people from Ernya. We had a whole bunch of here but some became inactive. We even had a Ernya hangout on here.

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2020/02/19 18:02:44 )
@vengeance: I didn't even think to check for a Roliana hangout. That's a good idea.
Is this the only avi site you use?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.