Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries Art Dumpuuh~ <3

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2020/03/4 02:40:31 )

I'm joining in on this as well *w*
I'll be posting all of my beautiful drawing nonesense in this thread <3
Most likely a lot of WIPS or just whatever feels right.
I do have an Instagram acc solely for my art tho is @lljessymessyll

Alright on to my first post~

My recent sketchbook page. Don't be fooled, my sketchbook pages are not always this neat. I just draw all over the place =w=;
None of these are my original creations per say but the girl in glasses is the one I'm practicing in watercolor at the moment.
One thing I learned though is that is really difficult to draw croissants, like I was honestly struggling drawing them.

Donator — SIR Posted 11 months ago ( 2020/03/4 02:54:29 )
@PurpdaBurpPurp: that's pretty sweet. I have considered doing pixel art. Someone special turned me on to it and so I began researching in order to understand their passion. I'm thinking I may continue to dabble in it. My artistry tends to be through my writing. I've always been envious of people who can draw and paint etc.

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 11 months ago ( 2020/03/4 03:05:05 )

your style is so cuteee 💕

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2020/03/4 03:11:49 )

@Xanthan: Thanks and give it a shot and have fun with it :3
I write also and writing itself is art too. Like I have to be creative with my poems a lot or else I won't like it =w=

@pachi: Ty so much~

Voltie — she/her Posted 11 months ago ( 2020/03/4 05:00:44 )
your style is so cute!! <3
and your proportions are great for a cartoon/soft style! how did you practice those?

Donator — SIR Posted 11 months ago ( 2020/03/4 06:47:50 )
@PurpdaBurpPurp: I love poetry. I write short stories as well. Erotica. And in my grandest of delusions has me convinced I may actually finish my book. Lol I'd love to share poetry with you sometime.

Artist — she/they Posted 11 months ago ( 2020/03/4 10:54:08 )
I too love your style. Those croissants are making me hungry. (but I'm pregnant, so thats not exactly hard to do, lol...)
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2020/03/4 12:54:22 )

@chika: Just a lot of practice and I draw almost daily. Propertions is one of my weakness that's why I started out drawing chibi characters. Then over the years my style evolve into something else today. Now my greatest struggle is drawing poses T^T

@Xanthan: Ooh! Those are tough to write :o
At least for me, I dabble in on writing stories too but they're not easy. I could never finish any of my stories...

@Glume: Awe congrats!
I'm glad you still find it appetizing. It still doesn't look like a croissant to me :/

Donator — SIR Posted 11 months ago ( 2020/03/4 13:37:49 )
@PurpdaBurpPurp: brainstorming for me tends to come easily. My problem right now is I have various "scenes" written but no full chapter. In fact I have about Idk 2/3 of 3 separate chapters and still deciding on my direction lol I cant make up my mind. PS love your artistic styling. I'm envious.
🌈 Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
🌈

Artist — Frog bless Posted 11 months ago ( 2020/03/4 15:41:42 )

Your style is super fun! I love the hatching. It really gives it a different feel you know? Like it's texturally appealing in addition to being cute as heck.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2020/03/4 16:36:26 )

@Priestess of Pie: ty so much xD
The funny part is I never knew watch hatching is and I was already doing it, I guess I learn it from another artist on Instagram long ago.
I'm not a fan of actually shading in ink, it felt like I'm wasing a lot of ink in each drawing. And I don't want to constantly buy pens.

@Xanthan:
Ah well I never brainstorm on my past stories. I know is bad but I can be very impulsive when it comes to writing. I feel like I'll lose inspiration if I jot things down first and that's why I just stick to poems nowadays and random short stories.
And thanks~ I still got a long way to go though =w=;

Donator — She/her Posted 11 months ago ( 2020/03/4 20:14:22 )

These are really cute drawings!

Voltie — she/her Posted 11 months ago ( 2020/03/4 21:42:25 )
⭑@PurpdaBurpPurp: i totally understand that! proportions are super challenging for me which is why i try to draw a lot from reference and stuff like that but i'm honestly just still bad at it. chibi art is way harder than it looks! i make their heads look GIANT and its borderline not cute anymore lmao✰

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2020/03/4 22:27:51 )

@chika: Yep that's how I started. I went through a phase of drawing the head bigger than the body because that's how chibis are traditionally drawn. Eventually I didn't like it and now it got to the point that my style is not really chibi anymore. Is kind of like borderline cartoons now XD

Ooh I do that with poses now, I find references online. Specifically the ones with guidelines so I can somehow copy and learn how the body moves. I heard is also good to sketch people and ask them to strike a pose or just sketch random people in public. But I'm too shy for that >.<

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2020/03/4 22:28:57 )

@Totalanimefan: Ty so much ^^

Donator — She/her Posted 11 months ago ( 2020/03/4 23:30:55 )

Anytime <33

By Ghost
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!
I'm buying your extra advent ticket! 500g each!

Artist — She/Toad Posted 11 months ago ( 2020/03/5 00:11:20 )
These are all super cute, nice work :)
Something I just want to point out is in some of the drawings the head is a little too far back on the neck, try moving it outwards a little more (relative to the drawings themselves, move the head more to the right), if that makes any sense lol

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2020/03/5 03:29:08 )

Don't mind me just slipping another drawing in...

Merp I just realized how awkward looking the head is placed here x.x
Might redraw a better version later

Voltie Posted 11 months ago ( 2020/03/5 03:31:31 )

@grost: Ahh I see, I struggle with those a lot but ty for the advice~

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie — she/her Posted 11 months ago ( 2020/03/5 04:02:48 )
⭑@PurpdaBurpPurp: yeah your style is definitely cartoonish! im at that point where my style is still too much like anime and its kind of bothering me. i want to learn a more realistic style but its taking so long haha✰

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.

Don't want to see the ads? You can purchase a "TV Head" from Ohm-My-Gosh Imports.