Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing You can't go back... or CAN you...?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/1 03:51:08 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

His eyes slowly opened, as he looked drearily at the ceiling, laying in the bed he slept in. His eyes looked over towards the digital clock beside him, the red numbers of 7:32 burning at his eyes.

He rubbed them instinctively, before he remembered what had happened.

'Oh yeah.' he thought.

'That DID go kinda late...' he chuckled quietly.

He had been in need of an assistant for some alchemical tests and practices, and his mother and father were both busy at the Unit... so the young woman he'd known for most of his life, one he'd babysat for, but as she grew older, they became the closest of friends, volunteered to help.

They'd ended up working far later than intended, and she was ready to crash, so they agreed to share a bed together for the night.

Well, for the past 5 hours or so, anyway.

'Lunette's probably still sound asleep. She needs more sleep than me.' he reasoned. And it made sense. She was a human, he was a hybrid demon/zombie that defied all natural and unnatural laws.

He then placed his hand over towards where Lunette was sleeping... only to find flatness.

"Eh?" he muttered, turning on the small light that was by the clock, illuminating the immediate area... and seeing what looked to be a small lump underneath the blankets where Lunette had presumably fallen asleep.

"....what the hell...?" he muttered, readying an orb of demonic mana in one hand, on the defensive... as he quickly pulled the blankets off whoever... or whatever... was there.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/1 04:00:51 )

When he pulled the blanket back, he saw what looked to be nothing more than a little girl with Lunet's teal hair and the tattoo that he had gone with her to get below her left breast, something even her own dad didn't know about as she was sure he wouldn't approve. Granted, on the small form he saw, it was just placed at the lower part of her left ribs, that's it.

She was sleeping, looked comfy, and was about as sprawled out as he was used to seeing her be. Lunet was never one to sleep contained.

She also seemed completely unaware of what he was that had happened, or that he was awake.

Or that there was something wrong, very much wrong, with how he was looking at a very uncovered child.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/1 04:21:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..................." he was silent, almost shocked to the point of being stunned, before he extinguished his mana, and threw the covers back over her.

He then climbed out of bed, put on a pair of boxer shorts that were on the floor, and sat down on the edge of said bed, turning the light off.

"Ohhhhhhhh, Cain, Cain, Cain..." he mumbled to himself.

"What in the ever living hell has happened?" he asked the air.

"Okay, stop. Stop. Don't panic. Keep calm. That has to be Lunette. It has to be." he told himself.

"But... what the hell happened?" he asked further.

"....is this a side-effect from one or more of the alchemical solutions?" he wondered.

"Did any react in a weird way with another, and caused THIS?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/1 04:29:54 )

He wasn't exactly quiet, which made it rather easy to believe that he woke her up.

"nng.." She woke with a bit of gorwn before looking around.

"Cain..?" Lunet asked as she approached.

"You ok?" She asked, crawling over the bed to him.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/1 05:00:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Cain froze when he felt Lunette crawling over the bed towards him.

'Crap, crap, CRAP!' he panicked internally, before standing up quickly.

"Lunette!" he exclaimed.

"I, uh..." he stammered.

"S-sorry if I woke you up." he then got out.

However, with him standing up, Lunette sudden saw that he looked... rather tall from her position.

Unusually so.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/1 05:03:12 )

Lunet stopped before looking him from head to toe.

"I..." She started, sitting back on her feet and looking up at Cain.

". . . . Cain... something has happened... hasn't it?" She asked, her voice curious, but also uneasy.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/1 05:28:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Cain was silent for a moment, before sighing, and nodding.

"....yes." he responded.

"Something HAS happened." he confirmed, averting his gaze a little.

"Just... just... stand up and take a look at yourself, head to toe." he told her.

"And compare yourself to the rest of the room." he continued.

"You'll... you'll see what's going down."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/1 05:57:48 )

Lunet was silent before crawling off the bed, reminding him that she was completely nude for the moment, as that was how she'd fallen asleep. Once on her feet, she just sighed.

"I can't see a damned thing, Cain." She told him simply.

"I only know where you are, and waht you're doing because I know you. And as a result, I can guess pretty well as to where your face is, so I can look in that general direction." She reminded him honestly as she put her weight on oneleg and crossed her arms.

"So... how bout you tell me what's going on? remember, the alchemy last night was making my visor glitch out and Leo's stopping by at some point today to check it over" She added

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/1 06:15:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....oh..." Cain muttered.

"Shit. Right." he said.

"Damn it." he curse.

"Uh... uh, well... how... how do I put this...?" he then stammered.

"You said Leo's going to be stopping by at some point to check your visor over?" he asked.

"Yeah, why?" Lunet asked in response.

"Because... when he gets here... he's going to see a 6-year-old." Cain told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/1 06:19:44 )

Lunet paused.

". . . excuse me?" She asked, her voice as incredulous as a little six year olds voice could be.

"That... that can't be right. What?" She asked. She couldn't believe his words, and it showed on her face.

"Just... what?" She asked. "that can't be right."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/1 06:43:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....I don't know." Cain responded.

"But you look like a 6-year-old." he told her.

"....and quite frankly, I think you need to... um... cover up." he went on.

"I nearly freaked out when I saw you beside me in bed." he continued.

He was then silent, and cleared his throat.

"I'm... I'm going to see if I can't find any clothes from when I was younger." he told her.

"Any that might have been kept, or disappeared into a box somewhere." he continued.

"Or can you think of anyplace else to find clothes for... your new size?" he then asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/1 06:46:51 )

Lunet just sighed lightly.

". . . Dad might have some of my old clothes." She commented before pausing.

"Oh! I have some in my closet. A really cute outfit at that." She added.

"Mana me home and I'll find it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/1 07:35:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Cain was silent for a moment, before sighing.

"Right." he said.

"Question." he said further.

"Is your father home?" he asked.

"And if so, would mana-ing you in bother him? It IS early." he went on.

"He will NOT like to see you like this." he mumbled.

"And he'll not be happy with ME..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/1 07:36:49 )

"Home? Maybe?" Lunet answered.

"He's either home or in Wales with Mom." She added.

"as for anything else, I honestly have no idea." She added with a light sigh.

"Wish I knew." She added before climbing back up onto the bed and just sitting on the edge.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/1 08:02:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Cain just sighed again.

"Want help looking?" he asked her.

"Might go a bit quicker." he said, draping her shirt on over her... and watching as it engulfed her, essentially.

When he saw that, he couldn't help but snicker slightly.

"Heh." he chuckled.

"That's kinda cute." he admitted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/1 08:08:55 )

Lunet had to dig her head out of the collar of the shirt, but it wasn't a huge issue.

"... if you come with me, you run the risk of Dad attacking if he finds me like this." She commented.

"Do you want to be there to take the hit, or stay here and outta the way?" She asked, her voice curious.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/1 08:26:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....fair." Cain muttered.

"All right, I'll send you." he told her.

"We'll coordinate on Leo and stuff... later." he said.

"You ready?" he then asked.

When she nodded, she was surrounded by his mana, and was gone.

"Ohhhh what have I done?" he asked himself.

"And how do I reverse this?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/1 11:33:40 )

Once she was in her room, Lunet made her way to the closet, feeling her way there as she wasn't entirely sure as to the location for the moment. She could have appeared at almost any place, after all. When she found the closet, she started to hunt for that outfit she'd mentioned before.

Syure enough, she found it after about ten minutes of hunting, and quickly got herself dressed.

". . .can't believe this still fits." She muttered before sighing lightly.

". . now how... to get back?" She wondered before making her way to her door out to the hall, and listened, wondering if Hal was home.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/1 21:52:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

When she listened, she heard nothing.

Nothing but the sounds of the house. A ticking of a clock here, a creaking of a settling board there. Nothing unusual.

She was home alone right now.

Which meant that her father was most definitely either in Wales with her mother, or that he was already at work. Regardless, he wasn't there.

That meant that he wouldn't see her like this right away, and demand answers... but it ALSO meant that she really didn't have any way to get back to Cain's, where she could meet Leo and get her visor working again.

Meanwhile, on Cain's side, that thought had just occurred to him.

".....uhhh.... crap." he muttered.

"Do I call her?" he wondered. "No, her phone's still HERE. Maybe call their home phone? But if her father's there, he'll DEFINITELY know what's up." he went on. "But by now, if he were home, wouldn't he know already? Why hasn't he called or come here? Is he waiting for ME to call, and if I do, I'm springing a trap?" he continued to ask himself, starting to grow panicked, before shaking his head.

"No. If that IS the case, I need to face the music." he sighed.

He then grabbed his cell phone, and called Hal and Lunet's home phone number.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/1 23:18:32 )

When Lunet heard the phone ring, she just sighed.

"I'm b lind, and can't get to it quickly." She muttered. She'd call him back once she got downstairs, but it might take a bit. The phone was on the wall, not exactly in reach for a six year old. A short one, at that.

At least she realised that she was alone for te moment, meant that there was a good chance that she wouldn't be questioned about this for right now, at the very least. So she made her way downstairs, her steps careful.

Of course, being blind, she did end up tripping. Sadly, it was when she missed a step, so she hit the floor pretty hard at the end, an dknew she'd have a bruise or two. She just knew it. It wasn't going to be something that she would worry about for the moment though.

It took long enough that she was sure that Cain would be worried about her, she finally managed to get the phone and call Cain.

"Hey, sorry I didn't answer before. I was up in my room, and it took some time to get down here." She said as he answered.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.