Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I feel like there is nothing to talk about

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 10:07:47 )
Taking care of my kid, making sure she's happy, baking and cooking, playing games, being on voltra, being on fb, being on instagram, taking hot baths, are the only things keeping my mind busy, and of course sleeping, and dreaming, when I can dream that is. But to be honest with how things are on my end all I wanna do is cry my daughter doesn't understand. But she says mommy is crying.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 15:29:27 )

Well because of the quarantine my dnd group is going to have a few extra sessions. Let me tell you, do I have a story from our last session. My character is a Tabaxi bard, basically she's a kitty cat person who sings a lot. She's just the most adorable ball of weird and stupid. Despite having the highest intelligence in the whole party, I chose to play her as though she were a complete idiot. Mostly because I thought it would just be the funniest thing. I was right. She is the most hilarious part of any session we have.

Our campaign is a home-brew story set in a world where all literary characters and artifacts are real. Right now we are at the beanstalk from Jack and the Beanstalk, looking for a story item. Because these items are dangerous to anyone who isn't associated with the story it comes from. So the prince has asked us to retrieve these items whenever we can.

Well I asked if this beanstalk, has well beans? The answer is yes it does, and they are fricking huge. My character is 5'2 and they're as big as she is. In her infinite wisdom my character (her name is Uni) decided that she would really like to eat one of these beans. So she jumps up to where one of them is hanging and tries her best to cut it down. I rolled low so she can't do anything, the steam is just to strong for her. This turns into 30 or so minutes of everyone helping Uni to cut down this bean. That there's no way she's going to eat this whole bean. The thing weighs 250lb. One of the party members, her name is Lena, finally rolls high enough to cut through the steam holding the bean to the beanstalk. She however didn't roll super high, so she cut it down while I was still firmly attached to it. Causing Lena to get hurt, while my Tabaxi nimbly does some air acrobatics and lands unharmed. Thoroughly happy with her decisions that lead up to this. Now the question becomes, how the Hell are they going to carry this giant ass bean? After much arguing between husband and wife (two of the party members are married in real life), we figure out that we still have a bag of holding. So I spend several minutes trying to shove this damn bean into the tiny little bag opening. Everyone else is busy figuring out what to do with the beanstalk. There are no signs of floating land in the sky, just the end of the stalk.

After several attempts of cutting into the stalk, we finally fall down into an underground tunnel network of the roots. The rest of our mission is going to be underground.

As we're traveling through the roots, or what I assume is inside of the roots anyway. It starts to become very difficult to walk, as our feet are being slowed by thick slim. Finally one of us, Lena, decides she's going to test the slim. Including eating the stuff. Turns out it's not slim, it's very sweet nectar. Uni is disgusted as everyone decides to eat the nectar. She still thinks it's smelly disgusting slim. So our rogue throws a big glob of nectar into Uni's face. Narrowing her cat eyes into a scowl, she says 'I am going to put way more itching powder in your beds'. During a different session my character Uni put a ton of itching powder into everyone's beds just for the fun of it. No one was truly sure if it was her, so she just gave herself away. Everyone begins throwing nectar at Uni. Except I roll high enough to dodge, and the husband ends up throwing nectar into his wife's face instead. In retaliation to having nectar thrown at her, Uni uses a spell to make a very loud wet fart noise. Like one of those farts you need to check yourself. And I have it come from Lena. This spell lasts for a minute by the way. So for a solid minute it sounds like Lena is basically shitting herself. She keeps loudly denying that it wasn't her, that she wasn't shitting herself. In real life, I had slipped the DM a private message to let him know I had done this. (We're doing this through Discord and Roll20).

After all of that nonsense, we begin moving through the roots again. Suddenly it begins to tilt and is harder to stay up right. We're at an angle now, almost a pure drop off. Lena finally remembers she's a spider and can walk on the ceiling of the roots. Our rogue slips and falls, trying to slow his fall with his daggers. He fails his roll. So he loses both of his daggers and just keeps falling. Finally rolling high enough to save himself. Well Uni is like screw this, and just gets on her belly and slides down the slim like she was a penguin on a slip-n-slide. Picking up side and slamming head first into a wall of water. She doesn't belly flop, she face flops.

And we ended our session at this point. Some of us were starting to need a lay down.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 15:31:07 )

Sorry for the wall of text.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 16:06:52 )

I've also lost things to talk about
I've become so lazy. After a few weeks without going to a job I am a slug
:vanora_xd:

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 16:09:19 )

@Totalanimefan: jealous!!! I’d have to go and get some but I’m not leaving to the store for something like that xD

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 17:05:40 )

I wish I could talk about all the cool shows I've watched ... but I haven't watched any lol. AC is the only thing I've done outside of work.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 18:27:29 )

@Bioshock: I've been toying with doing just that actually. Friends and I tested using Kast for Onward since Pixar/Disney released it earlier than they meant to. We had issues with sound and lag though.

But I'm all for a movie night.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 19:54:50 )

Well, not everyone is stuck at home. There are still a lot of people coming into where I work. They don't seem to want to quarenteen themselves.

Also, the Walmart here is literally counting the number of people who enter the store, only letting in a few at a time. They have it sectioned off inside and markers for 6 feet apart.

@Another Movie Addict: Your D&D group sounds great! My group is going to have a session today in Discord / Roll20 for a Tomb of Annihilation campaign.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 19:59:12 )

@Unicorn: Just because she doesn't understand doesn't mean that you can't cry. She might learn that it's not ok to cry if she sees you always holding back tears.

@Another Movie Addict: lol I'm glad you had a good session.

@Jolly: Slug is a good way to be right now. I mean we are supposed to be at home. XD

@Bonnie: It's not really in season so it wasn't that good. ^^;

@Priestess of Pie: I haven't been watching much anime either. Just Voltra and AC really and far more hours on AC than Voltra. XD

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 20:02:47 )

@Bioshock: That's a good idea!
Also you should post what you like or want to talk about. Please make a post about a video game you love or what has been going on in your life. That's what others do. ^^ I like that Voltra has been pretty active.

@dragoness129: Yeah I've seen it. I know that people need to go to the store still but, I feel like people are taking too many trips (As a group) which is not ok. They say it's for mental health, but I just feel like they are being selfish. I know that everyone is struggling right now. We totally all are, but every person that breaks the rules cause they think they are special is making us all have to suffer through this for longer. I hope that you are staying safe at work.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 20:11:39 )

@Totalanimefan: yeah. I need it this summer though! <33

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 20:22:09 )
@Totalanimefan: she crys and I don't hold my tears back she just doesn't understand why I am crying when i do cry
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 20:24:40 )

Yeah, we are constantly sanitizing and washing our hands. Mine are a bit raw and cracking because of it too. T_T

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 20:26:01 )

@dragoness129: Oh we're all a blast. We have another session coming up on Wednesday, since most of us have nothing better to do right now. About half of us are non-essential. Honestly I'd love to know what we're going to do about the water wall. Since it's a dead end.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 20:35:08 )

@Bonnie: yes! Summer time is watermelon time.
@Unicorn: you can explain to her that are you feeling sad and that it’s ok to cry when you are sad.
@dragoness129: mine are too. I have a good hand cream so it doesn’t get too bad.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 20:35:52 )

@Totalanimefan: I honestly cannot wait; now if ‘Rona still here then watermelon can wait another year lol

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 20:40:04 )

@Bonnie: you could still get it from the store in the summer. I remember last summer at the end of a hot day while I was on vacation there was an alcoholic drink with watermelon juice and I was like how much would it cost for a drink with just the juice and he said $5 which I thought was great for restaurant/bar price. Then I sat outside on the water and drank it with my husband. It’s a great memory that I will have for the rest of my life. A warm summers night on the water with some watermelon juice.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 20:41:01 )

@Totalanimefan: I still could but would I want to risk it? Maybe not xD but if the opportunity arises I will. I honestly would have just taken the alcohol with it OOOOF

bloop

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 20:43:11 )

@Bonnie: lol I was very dehydrated already and I don’t really like the taste of alcohol but normally I would at least try it.
We were walking around all day and it was in the 90’s before the sun went down.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 20:50:35 )

AMA - Well have a lot of fun with it! ^_^

Total - I keep putting lotion on them when I can, but when I have to work in the food section, I can't keep applying it as often.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.