Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games games that give you nostalgia feelings.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 09:17:03 )
allot of ps2 games give me this feeling sadly a few of them i am not really sure on how to play.
Tho some are on the computer.

Like disgaea hour of darkness. ( its on pc now an i have it on steam)
an i know some final fantasy games like final fantasy 10 you can get for pc. ( can't afford it just yet rip)
that is also one of my fav games along with FF 12 which also is on pc.

but games like dark clou/radiata stories an shadow hearts series do not have pc versions
an shadow heart games are pretty pricy these days an also not owning a ps2. XD

Star Fox: Assault an Sonic adventures 2 were also vary games that bring me allot of good memories.
( i have sonic adventures 2 on steam)

an Pokemon puzzle an gauntlet legends. :D

But yeah allot of nostalgic games that i miss some i can still play as gamecube emu an 64 are pretty easy to get
but once you get up to the ps2 an up the emu's get more complicated. x-x

do any of the games i mentioned give you any nostalgic memories ?
have you played any of the above. :>

done by xvz

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 09:19:10 )
Welcome to Trilia Island!

Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town

I wish I could find one of my DS Lite chargers so I could play again while I wait for Return to Mineral Town to be ported. It's for the Switch and takes some unfinished/missing aspects of the GBA duo, brings them in, and adds more stuff

Kit's island getaway is very quiet~

questShop

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 11:59:25 )

》::: ✿・`.*
Oof I love dark cloud
I miss it so much. 2 was great aswell.

I really like playing old GB/GBA Hamtaro games! Reminds me of a simpler time in my life. Same with LoZ: Orcarina. The Fable series, too.
*.`・✿ ::: 《

Please ping me!

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 12:43:46 )
I might be slipping back into granny mode by mentioning this, but, Earthbound for the snes.

Voltie — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 14:15:50 )
ape escape
those were my favorite games growing up

Donator — nightmaren Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 16:29:44 )
Pokemon Snap and Hey You Pikachu were my first two Pokemon games in the late 90s early 00s until I got Sapphire!
So those three are special to my heart. (in fact those two are the only 64 games i remember actually playing on the 64....I didn't get to try games like OoT or Mario 64 until re-releases on the wii or 3ds)

I'd say a couple of the Powerpuff Girls games even though I barely knew how to REALLY play games at the time (x-traction, relish rampage, and mojo's pet project)

Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life (and Another Wonderful Life) was my first HM game and I remember reading about the game online trying to imagine what the game looked like. (i guess there were no screenshots weird?)

Animal Crossing for the GCN! I remember seeing the ads on tv and getting those bookmarks in my school library (I dont have it anymore but I actually saw them being sold on ebay!)

There's soo many games I feel like they'd hit me right in the memories even if they weren't even good games (and really as a young kid can you really tell?) I could go on and on!

art gallery/avi closet

Donator — He/Him. Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/17 01:01:19 )

"These make me very happy..."

Animal Crossing, Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Stadium,Harvest Moon Back to Nature,Resident Evil and so many others!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/17 02:10:04 )
Going through Final Fantasy VII Remake and seeing places I've been before in more incredible detail. I know it's been four system versions since the original game, but still... the nostalgia bomb is there.
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/19 00:29:14 )
Pokemon, Crash Bandicoot

A lot of them that I just cant think at the top of my head. But those 2 are the top ones!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/19 02:26:27 )
♪ (/・。・)/ Sweet dreams.

Sonic Heroes (and most older Sonic games such as Sonic 1), Sims 1 and 2 and Barbie Fashion Show (the early 2000s version, not the 2008 version lol)

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 06:55:22 )
Absolutely Minecraft, still one of my favourite games. Loved it as a child, love it even more now. There are moments in that game where I'm filled will with an overwhelming sense of nostalgia, it's almost beautiful.

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/11 21:57:43 )
I'm a child of the 90s so I grew up playing a lot of DOS games on my old Tandy computer back when we had a brick PC. I got only educational games, (With a few others mixed in that weren't) but I played Oregon Trail Deluxe, Amazon Trail 2, and Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego. When I found DOS BOX emulator I found as many as those I could find. Sadly only Oregon Trail Deluxe I could find, and there was a bad version of Amazon Trail, but Amazon Trail 2 wasn't there because technically that wasn't really DOS. That game came out that had green screened characters and what not, which put it in a higher bracket, so I've not been able to play that which makes me sad.

As for video games/consoles I never really grew up with any until N64 came out. I only had 3 games for that. Mario 64 and Mischief Makers (Both games I sucked at) and Pokemon Snap. Pokemon as far as a video game was my jam. I played all the Pokemon games even up through DS, even though I skipped Diamond/Pearl for Black/White since I got my DS when Black/White came out, but I played Diamond after when I waited for Black/White 2 to drop. And as an avid Pokemon player, starting from Blue and making my way through, I saw the evolution of the games get very....easy as time went on. Pokemon Blue/Red was a difficult game in terms of leveling up your team to be able to beat gyms. The last game I played before the Switch, was Sun/Moon and it was very hand-holdy even for a Pokemon Game. They showed you step by step where to go, instead of handing you a Pokemon and letting you figure things out for yourself. Even X/Y MADE you catch Rayquaza for the side quest, in order to beat Dioxys. And that game also included you riding on Latias's back once you got the flute for it. But I digress.

I was mostly a PC person when it came to games, and I do like replaying the ones I can find for the DOS BOX once in a while. Also finding old Game Boy Roms for the old Game Boy I had growing up as well. Sorry for the wall of text, but thought I'd contribute.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/11 22:43:50 )
Sims 1 and 2 (I didn't included 3 since it doesn't give me nostalgia lol), most older Sonic games (especially Sonic Heroes) and Guilty Gear Isuka, that's all I could think of.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/29 14:54:36 )
Right now I am playing Neverwinter Nights revised for Xbox one. I used to play this game a long time ago on my Mac. Then I am eventully gonna play Diablo 3 on Xbox... 2 was best and I can't find Diablo anywhere. Which makes me sad. I also loved to play Starcraft and Warcraft... man I miss those games.

Voltie — he/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/31 08:56:19 )
⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

morrowind, diablo I & II, mortal kombat, spyro and curse of monkey island are the ones i can think of off the top of my head! im sure theres more tho

⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

pm me if u wanna donate 2 my living funds

┋ 𝐕𝐄𝐒𝐒 ┋ 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱 ┋ 𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ┋
questinghangoutgallery

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 03:04:23 )
Disgaea HOD definitely gives me that nostalgic feel, and playing the remakes for PC or mobile never seem to cut it for me as far as replaying older games.
Games like Jak and Daxter definitely give me a nostalgic feel as well.

The fact that you brought up emulation is also kinda interesting. Curious for your input on what you mean by complicated? I've found modern emulators to be pretty easy to navigate, but I'm also a big power user, so I'm used to tinkering with things all the time

Newer emulators for the PS2 run pretty well even on older hardware, and some even let you play games straight from the original disc which means your old library of games is just waiting to be played again on your PC. I picked up FFX recently based on a friend's recommendation (for like only 7 bucks) from a second hand store and have been playing it recently via my PC.

Donator — annelid Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 19:00:09 )
def the spyro games!
& i was obsessed with the Professor Layton ds games.
♡please ping me when replying!
your local annelid trash queen♡

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/8 09:29:45 )
🌈 You gotta be bold, you gotta be wiser
You gotta be hard, you gotta be tough, you gotta be stronger
You gotta be cool, you gotta be calm, you gotta stay together
All I know, all I know, love will save the day🌈

@Glume: omg yes. The game that came with scratch and sniff as part of the game instructions. I also loved Secret of Mana. Breath of Fire I and II. FF I II and III (American Version) Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross. Then the standard Mario 2 and 3 and Sonic the hedgehog. LOL

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/8 14:51:06 )
@Xanthan: I loved their scratch and sniffs, they were so potent. Why isn't that a thing anymore?
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/8 16:06:17 )
🌈 You gotta be bold, you gotta be wiser
You gotta be hard, you gotta be tough, you gotta be stronger
You gotta be cool, you gotta be calm, you gotta stay together
All I know, all I know, love will save the day🌈

@Glume: yes....so very strong...and like odd smells. They just don't make games lioe they used to. Thank you for bringing this back to the forefront. I am beyond nostalgic at this point. But it is good things.
🌈 Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
🌈

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.